Pick the Winners stuff (1 Viewer)

I'm good with the $10 as well [as long as you buy me a beer at Indy] :D

Don't forget the Countdown where we reset the points after Indy.

I'm good with the $10 as well [as long as you buy me a beer at Indy] :D

Don't forget the Countdown where we reset the points after Indy.

And Greg is now banned from playing....or at least gets docked 9872.4 points once the countdown starts. :)

I am surprised that people are willing the pay. I'm not sure what that opens this up to legal wise, most fantasy sports games are left alone but it can also be considered gambling. I remember hearing of issues but that was several years ago. Not sure if that is the way to go or not. If you are just itching to give money away, don't forget my polar plunge. That can be considered payment I guess :)

After a few more days of comments, I think that I will add a poll so that people can vote. The views to votes ratios on this thread is a bit off, this way the quiet ones get their say as well

I like the 6 picks and add Pro/Mod .

IF you want to move the deadline, either make it before ANY runs, or make it Sat. Midnight so everyone gets to see qualifying.

As for this "auto pick", no way. Come on if ya DNQ, ya DNQ. Thats part of it.
Even GA can't use last weeks ET to get in a race. If ya forget to enter.....oh well.

And NO,... a P/M pick should not be manditory, just like a bike pick is not manditory.

IF you want to move the deadline, either make it before ANY runs, or make it Sat. Midnight so everyone gets to see qualifying.

As for this "auto pick", no way. Come on if ya DNQ, ya DNQ. Thats part of it.
Even GA can't use last weeks ET to get in a race. If ya forget to enter.....oh well.

And NO,... a P/M pick should not be manditory, just like a bike pick is not manditory.

Zappy, There may be WEEKS when I can't play... Get your team at the beginning of the year... and those are your picks for the whole season

d'kid

I'll stick with my original opinion at the top but I'll also gladly "donate" $10 so there isn't any legal issues around gambling. And if there still is an issue PJ can just keep it all. The beer at the CHRR will be on him.

Cheers

PJ, I'm glad you are willing to take the time and effort to run this, and I'll be happy with what ever you decide. I've become one of the old people I used to make fun of, so I'm kind of resistant to change of any kind. I'd be fine with $10, but that does change things. I'm as not a lawyer as can be, but to me, if you collect money online, you're running a business. If you pay a winner, you're gambling. Having a sponsor donate a prize as has been, seems to work great. JMHO, not worth the ink to print it:D

Thanks again

I totally agree with this one. I really think this should be made a rule, either/or is fine with me, but before any run is made, or after all quals complete.

As for the auto pick thing. I say allow weekly changes, and if you couldn't log-on in time, your picks from the previous week carry-over. That way no one gets skunked, but you're still allowed to be active in your choices.

Poor PJ. Seems like all sorts of things are coming up.

A poll seems like a good thing, especially for the quiet ones.

I totally understand the legality issues, and I am sure no one wishes to endanger this site, OR the person running the picks. Perhaps some third party can do it on the sly :) That was me trying to be covert. (not volunteering, as you folks barely know me) -smile-

Anyway, I'm totally cool with not having $$ involved as well. It's still fun.

Zappy, There may be WEEKS when I can't play... Get your team at the beginning of the year... and those are your picks for the whole season

d'kid

Karl, I have no problem with someone making season long picks if they choose to. I just don't want it used as a cover for not meeting the deadline. To me, part of the fun is wether or not to change yer pics from week to week. I don't want to pick for the whole season, before the season, but if thats what folks want, i'm still in.

As a past winner (2011) I would like to say that last year I missed Seattle because my wife and I were in the emergency room in Bishop, Ca. I finished 25 points behind the winner, Ididn't just blow it off. I asked one of the nurses if I could get computer access somewhere in the hospita--NOTl! I guess that is a real DNQ for me. Thank for reading-Bob

I don't mind 5 or 6. Be happy to kick in funds, enjoy picking. Would like the time to stay the same. Totally missed two last season, once my fault and once… well, the world tilted and let a good person off the ride so previous picks or a back up list might have helped, but I'm not complaining. Everything else, is cool, y'all are the experts and I'll still keep trying to beat the first loser.

I have always accepted picks early but I guess that only works for people who know that there is a chance that they might miss a race.

My only concern about forwarding picks for people all season is we end up with many people who only play once or twice. They would get to play for the season by only playing once.

What if there is a rule that you cannot get auto picked more than one week in a row? The previous race picks will get used. THat means if there were bikes the week before they would be forwarded also. It is better than a zero, forgives an opps but doesn't reward people who really are not into the game for the long haul.

there is a poll up covering the items brought up here

To me that kind of makes it too easy (Auto picks) I think that looking over the drivers is key to the game and makes it more competitive.

Auto pick would be like using a delay box. :eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back