Megarita (1 Viewer)

Can I ask a retarded question? What is the MegaRita? ;)

In Del's own words:

"I don't remember the exact moment I thought it up, but the concept was based on various margarita mixers you see on lakes or hear about from friends. So one day I was looking around our shop and I figured we had enough old stuff there in the shop to build a fully running motor. It would be made of parts we don't use anymore, from the days of a 5.30 elapsed time run. I was looking ahead to our pit party that we throw on Sunday night in Pomona to close out the season and I just envisioned the world's most powerful margarita mixer, plain and simple. I built it in my spare time during the last two months of the season, which took me off the golf course for two months. I got an old motorcycle trailer, mounted the block on that, and built the full motor. We built it differently than we would a real race motor. All the seals and gaskets are silicone to cut out any leaks. When it was time to build the blades, I almost just welded up something that looked like blades. So I just took apart our blender at home and copied the blades, only five times bigger. My wife loved that one. I figured the thing would be pretty popular at the season-ending race. It has become a legend."

The only thing that was ever a bummer about the Megarita machine was they couldn't fire it up past the 6:00 pm Sunday curfew. :( So if you wanted in on the margaritas, you had to get while the getting was good because not a drop went to waste, and it didn't last long in that crowd no matter how much they mixed up!!! :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back