Meet Leah Pruett (2 Viewers)

Not to me, she looks fit and toned, which is what you have to be if you want to drive a funny car.

great abservation samuel. and in her interview she said she had good strength , which you also need to steer those floppers. she is very toned. im a huge jfr fan and i love ashley but lets face it shes gotta hit the gym. sterring for her this year has become a problem.

Bob, while I think it's great that NHRA has so many High profile woman drivers. In Nascar it's completely different! Very few Women I think can handle driving a Stock car in 120 degree heat for 4 hrs! Stamina comes into play compared to a 4-5 second pass down the strip. Just my Opinion.

Danica could do it, in fact she was considering it at one time but I do see your point Joe.

If you keep force feeding people eventually they will throw-up! :p

Last edited:
Yeah, Scelzi and Papa Force are two of the most fit and toned people I know. :D

Being fit and toned isn't the only thing that makes you good driver, you need good instinct, and experience. Leah needs more experience, she only has one 60+ft squirt in a AA/FC, it's way too early in the game to determine how good she'll be. The real test is when the car severly shakes tires and and or goes up in smoke and gets sideways, we've seen Ashley as well as seasoned drivers tear up cars.

Poor girl. I knew it wouldn't be long before she gets her driving abilities AND her physique analyzed....and she doesn't even have the job yet! ;)

Being fit and toned isn't the only thing that makes you good driver, you need good instinct, and experience. Leah needs more experience, she only has one 60+ft squirt in a AA/FC, it's way too early in the game to determine how good she'll be. The real test is when the car severly shakes tires and and or goes up in smoke and gets sideways, we've seen Ashley as well as seasoned drivers tear up cars.

Exactly, I was being sarcastic. :)

Yeah, Scelzi and Papa Force are two of the most fit and toned people I know. :D
Even though they're not toned they still have more muscle mass than any of the female racers because of their size. Pound for pound men have more muscle mass in their upper bodies than women. Angelle is the only pro female that is actually built.

Poor girl. I knew it wouldn't be long before she gets her driving abilities AND her physique analyzed....and she doesn't even have the job yet! ;)

Come on Kelly ... you know we are "expert" women's physique analyzers ... as for driving abilities ... EVERYONE is in way over their head the first 50 passes or so in a Funny Car, so I will reserve judgement until she gets A LOT more seasoning under her belt. She gets my respect for trying.

great abservation samuel. and in her interview she said she had good strength , which you also need to steer those floppers. she is very toned. im a huge jfr fan and i love ashley but lets face it shes gotta hit the gym. sterring for her this year has become a problem.

Okay I'm glad I wasn't the first to say it, but I've been thinking it since I saw Ashley run live in Denver, she definately needs to work on her upper body strength.

D

I really find this whole loop of comments funny. We start out saying "Meet Leah Pruett" then it turns into who's got a better body. I am a little confussed as to how the topic some how got flipped around and the topic became Ashley's upper body strength and her Rookie year. I am only speaking for myself and maybe a handful of my girlfriends when I say... I am very very proud as a woman to see women in the sport that are strong, inteligent, well spoken and greatfull to their fans and family to sticking with them to get to the place they are within the sport. I commend Shirley, Ashley, Angele, Erica, Leah and every little girl out there chasing their dreams behind the wheel. Every one of the ladys above (and tons not listed) have made huge steps to get to where they are at and no matter if they were born to the sport or not they fight for their seats in one way or another every single day.

Lets face it we ALLLLLLLL have places and things to work on. Let them drive and like any job learn along the way on where they need to improve (or what they need to workout). Lets be proud and stand by all of these ladies for not only having the guts to step into a male dominate sport but strive to be the very best driver they can be. Everyone has to start somewhere.

With that being said... Again speaking for myself I think it is Frick'in fantastic what is going on w/ women in motorsports and thank icons like Shirley for helping open up the door for them.

Even though they're not toned they still have more muscle mass than any of the female racers because of their size. Pound for pound men have more muscle mass in their upper bodies than women. Angelle is the only pro female that is actually built.

That was my point. Guess I need to explain myself better. :p

I really find this whole loop of comments funny. We start out saying "Meet Leah Pruett" then it turns into who's got a better body. I am a little confussed as to how the topic some how got flipped around and the topic became Ashley's upper body strength and her Rookie year. I am only speaking for myself and maybe a handful of my girlfriends when I say... I am very very proud as a woman to see women in the sport that are strong, inteligent, well spoken and greatfull to their fans and family to sticking with them to get to the place they are within the sport. I commend Shirley, Ashley, Angele, Erica, Leah and every little girl out there chasing their dreams behind the wheel. Every one of the ladys above (and tons not listed) have made huge steps to get to where they are at and no matter if they were born to the sport or not they fight for their seats in one way or another every single day.

Lets face it we ALLLLLLLL have places and things to work on. Let them drive and like any job learn along the way on where they need to improve (or what they need to workout). Lets be proud and stand by all of these ladies for not only having the guts to step into a male dominate sport but strive to be the very best driver they can be. Everyone has to start somewhere.

With that being said... Again speaking for myself I think it is Frick'in fantastic what is going on w/ women in motorsports and thank icons like Shirley for helping open up the door for them.
Most excellent Deanna..and welcome to the Mater.

You'll notice we have many experts here..on all subjects..hehe ;)

Let's face it, in a Male dominated sport like Drag racing. Women drivers will always judged by Looks, personality, looks, round wins and looks. Erin Crocker is an excellent driver, but you don't hear much about her otherwise. Sponsors know full well that Men will always gravitate towards a Pretty face in a Firesuit which is why Female drivers are so marketable...;)

Let's face it, in a Male dominated sport like Drag racing. Women drivers will always judged by Looks, personality, looks, round wins and looks. Erin Crocker is an excellent driver, but you don't hear much about her otherwise. Sponsors know full well that Men will always gravitate towards a Pretty face in a Firesuit which is why Female drivers are so marketable...;)

Erin Crocker is not that good. She has a pole in ARCA and a couple of top 10's over there, but in Busch she has gotten her arse handed to her. Her program has been scaled wayyyy back. And if you believe Jeremy Mayfield, the only reason she's still around is she was doing the no pants dance with Ray Evernham .....

Joe is right. When you look at Ashley Force or Leah Pruett the first thing you notice is that they are very attractive, which in turn is going to make them more attractive to sponsors (in theory). BUT, to keep the seat, you are going to have to perform. Case in point, Melanie Troxel Johnson Jr. Very attractive female that has won races. Same can be said for Angelle S3. Another case in point is Erica Enders. Attractive young lady that for whatever reason, has not got the results on the track, so the program is having trouble staying out there racing.

I guess what I have went the long way about saying is the looks thing is both a blessing and a curse. It can open the door more quickly to top flight rides than it would have otherwise, but ultimately you will have to stand on your own merit and prove that you are not just another pretty face because everyone, male or female, races to win.

Erin Crocker is not that good. She has a pole in ARCA and a couple of top 10's over there, but in Busch she has gotten her arse handed to her. Her program has been scaled wayyyy back. And if you believe Jeremy Mayfield, the only reason she's still around is she was doing the no pants dance with Ray Evernham .....

Joe is right. When you look at Ashley Force or Leah Pruett the first thing you notice is that they are very attractive, which in turn is going to make them more attractive to sponsors (in theory). BUT, to keep the seat, you are going to have to perform. Case in point, Melanie Troxel Johnson Jr. Very attractive female that has won races. Same can be said for Angelle S3. Another case in point is Erica Enders. Attractive young lady that for whatever reason, has not got the results on the track, so the program is having trouble staying out there racing.

I guess what I have went the long way about saying is the looks thing is both a blessing and a curse. It can open the door more quickly to top flight rides than it would have otherwise, but ultimately you will have to stand on your own merit and prove that you are not just another pretty face because everyone, male or female, races to win.

Chris the only reason Erin Crocker even got noticed was because she was the First Female Sprint car racer to make the "A" Feature at the Knoxville Natls! As for how she's done at the ARCA/Busch level I hadn't heard a thing! As for Ray Evenham....Oh well:eek::p;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back