Leah Pruett-LeDuc in FC Pomona (1 Viewer)

cool deal!

I used to know her dad Ron, why back when...nice to see the apple didn't fall too far from the tree ;)

Tell it Ashley. She won it!

Yeah and Madonna is in the "Rockin Roll" hall of fame so what's your point?
Tell me what a driver does that is athletic?
Just because she won a poll claiming they were athletes don't mean squat she ain't no athlete.
Anybody can become a driver not everyone can be an athlete.
Is there an Olympic catagory for driving a race car? Didn't think so!

Just because she won a poll claiming they were athletes don't mean squat she ain't no athlete.

Well there was an Olympic category at indy this year .......

You missed your meds.

Last edited:
Leah Pruett- LeDuc to Debut in the Nitro Funny Car Class at the Winter Finals in Pomona

(Cherry Valley, Ca)
Nostalgia Funny Car racer Leah Pruett-LeDuc, will make her debut into the Nitro Funny Car class at the 2009 Pomona Winter Finals, November 12-15, driving the John Lindsay and Phil Miller owned Chevrolet Monte Carlo Funny Car sponsored by DragStar and TIGERFLOW Systems, Inc.

DragStar and TIGERFLOW Systems, Inc. will serve as co primary sponsors, with associate sponsors Iwata Medea, who are distributors of the World’s finest Airbrush Materials, and Coast Airbrush, located in Anaheim, Ca. Additional supporters of the team are Lucas Oil, Justice Brothers, Clevite, DJ Safety, and Simpson.

Pruett- LeDuc, 21, obtained her NHRA Nitro Funny Car license in late 2008 with Don Schumacher Racing, and has been competing in the Nostalgia Nitro Funny Car class for the past two seasons. Pruett- LeDuc currently holds the record for fastest Nostalgia Funny Car at 250.37 mph in her Heartbreaker Mustang, and competed for three years in the NHRA’s Heritage Series’ Nostalgia Eliminator 1 category. From 1996 to 2006 she competed in both the NHRA and IHRA Jr. Dragster category, taking home eight championships, nine NHRA Wallys, and one IHRA Ironman.

"We are excited to have Leah Pruett-LeDuc drive for the Impulse Racing Team at the Pomona World Finals." said Lindsay. "She brings with her a youthful approach, and has demonstrated the passion and talent it takes to drive a funny car. We will debut a new funny car at Pomona, as well as a new driver, and have been working nonstop for the past months to be ready in time.”

Pruett- LeDuc was born in Redlands, Ca., and lives with her husband, Todd, a professional off road racer for Rockstar Energy Drink and Makita Power Tools in the TORC and Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series. They live in Cherry Valley, Ca. where she is the marketing manager for Todd’s race team, and attends college full time at California

State University of San Bernardino. Pruett-LeDuc will graduate in June, 2010 with a Communication degree, as well as a Sports and Entertainment Marketing degree.

"I'm really excited," said Pruett-LeDuc. "Racing a Nitro Funny Car has been a goal for most of my life, you can ask anyone. Additionally, being able to debut at my home track is very exciting. I am proud of my racing past, and the path in which I have come. The support of my family throughout the years has been a blessing, and I thank them for that.”

“We will be entering into Pomona with a new car, but definitely not a new team. Both Phil and John have been racing Nitro for many years, and have a great deal of experience with funny cars.”

"And I'm very excited to have DragStar and TIGERFLOW Systems Inc. support this team at the World Finals. They are terrific products, and I'm looking forward to helping promote them."

TIGERFLOW Systems, Inc. has been manufacturing Engineered Packaged Pumping Systems since 1985. During that time TIGERFLOW has manufactured systems for many different markets, including Commercial, Plumbing, HVAC, Fire Protection, Municipal, Heat Transfer, Hot Water Heating and a variety of other applications.

DragStar is a clothing brand geared to the female fan and racer that is stylish at or away from the track.

###

Sportsperson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and

Sport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can use the dictionary definitions too and it would still fit. Where exactly is the line drawn? You wouldn't be able to lump all forms of motor sports into the same category. From Health 24 - Fitness, Specific sports - Motor racing: "Michael Schumacher at his best was arguably one of the fittest athletes on the planet."

He may be in shape doesn't mean he is an athlete!
Being fit means you take care of your self it doesn't mean your an athlete.
On another note a guy who is in his 80's is doing it means what?
We can argue the point all day I'm standing by what I said. And the only reason Ashley won that poll was the result of NHRA fans padding the votes otherwise she wouldn't have been in the running. Polls are deceiveing which is another fact!;)

Who is and isn't an athlete? Probably the damn dumbest debate that keeps coming around. You're either good at what you do or you're not. Sometimes you break a sweat, sometimes not.

Like to see the daily fitness reports on the folks who constantly tell us who isn't an athlete.

That's all.

Not sure what the definition of "athlete" is. Do golf pros sweat much? Tiger works out a lot, but does John Daly fit the bill as an athlete? Many pro football players look like bodybuilders, many look like big fat slobs who are just physically hard to get by. No real point here, other than to illustrate that it may be hard to define just what an athlete is.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back