Leah Pruett-LeDuc in FC Pomona (1 Viewer)

Does every post lately have to be filled with a bunch of whiners lately?? Who gives a flying FFFF who is a true athlete or not.

Does every post lately have to be filled with a bunch of whiners lately?? Who gives a flying FFFF who is a true athlete or not.

Why is it when somebody states an opposite opinion about anything here they are classified as whiners? :confused:

If this thread is not that big of a deal to you why bother posting in it? ;)

I hate to break it to you but a driver isn't an athlete by any means! :cool:
She is a definitely a looker.

I hate to break it to you but the amount of pressure the body feels from stepping on the throttle of a nitro burning funny car is the most intense on the planet. You have to be in shape and to be able to absorb that type of shock. All professional drivers have a physical routine in order to be able to tolerate this type of abuse. Why do you think the drivers are so out of breath when they climb out of their cars? If it wasnt physical they wouldnt be huffing and puffing after a run.

I hate to detour back to the actual thread topic.
It is great to have Leah out in nitro FC. I met her at the March Meet last year. She was great. Did a good job driving. And great looking! Good luck to her and the team.

I hate to break it to you but the amount of pressure the body feels from stepping on the throttle of a nitro burning funny car is the most intense on the planet. You have to be in shape and to be able to absorb that type of shock. All professional drivers have a physical routine in order to be able to tolerate this type of abuse. Why do you think the drivers are so out of breath when they climb out of their cars? If it wasnt physical they wouldnt be huffing and puffing after a run.

Thats why people in their 60's 70's and 80's can still do it right!
People who are fit and people who aren't can do it so what's your point?

An average healthy person can drive a funny car or top fuel dragster, thats a well know fact. :cool:

Have you ever been in a military fighter jet? I beg to differ!

It is great to have Leah out in nitro FC. I met her at the March Meet last year. She was great. Did a good job driving. And great looking! Good luck to her and the team.

OOOOH That's what this thread was originally about. ;)
I agree! I wish her luck also but here chances are slim.Pretty much every driver out there does a good job some have better days than most.

P.S. I didn't start the threads direction just stated a fact! :rolleyes:

I met Leah at our Local track in '06 when they brought her altered to run. She ran a then quickest time of a 7.15@195.

79105326_DhbsA-L-1.jpg

Not to sound like an a**hole or anything, but I hope Leah makes sure she's got her firesuit zipped up tight. If I rememeber correctly, the last few times Lindsay's car ran it got a little toasty. I wish her well.

Dave

Not to sound like an a**hole or anything, but I hope Leah makes sure she's got her firesuit zipped up tight. If I rememeber correctly, the last few times Lindsay's car ran it got a little toasty. I wish her well.

Dave

I was gonna say the same thing. Lindsay's cars seems to get flambayed more often than not.

All professional drivers have a physical routine in order to be able to tolerate this type of abuse.

Yeah like the sand and paint enough cars during the week so you can take enough time away from your business to go racing for the weekend routine...yeah, yeah, that's the one.

It takes a certain skill set to drive racecars, if there is any athletic ability. It is minimal.

Everyone here has a much better chance of having the skill sets to drive race cars as oppose to having the athletic ability to play college sports at the Div. 2 level...and we won't even talk about what it takes to play in the pros.

Not sure what the definition of "athlete" is. Do golf pros sweat much? Tiger works out a lot, but does John Daly fit the bill as an athlete? Many pro football players look like bodybuilders, many look like big fat slobs who are just physically hard to get by. No real point here, other than to illustrate that it may be hard to define just what an athlete is.

Those "big fat slobs" you see typically have very good foot work, balance and quick feet for men of their size. There is a reason they get paid millions and just being big isn't the only reason.

P.S. I didn't start the threads direction just stated a fact! :rolleyes:

You did not state a fact, you stated an opinion. And in my opinion, not a very good one.

It takes a set of skills to drive a nitro car and not everyone has them. Some are better than others, and some should never get into a car.

I know of individuals in their 70's and above that bowl, golf, play baseball, swim competitions, run marathons, etc. All sports that are considered athletic endeavors. Does their age change their classification as an athlete?

I also know pro athletes that have not been able to drive a nitro car successfully. They have some great skill sets for certain sports, but auto racing, drag racing in particular, was not one of them.

To keep with the thread, I wish Leah and the team the best of luck and much success.

T, ya' got me there. I said many "look" like slobs. In actuality, it's amazing how some of those monsters cover ground like a lightweight sprinter. Anyway, back to the point: Good luck to Leah in Pomona.

Thats why people in their 60's 70's and 80's can still do it right!
People who are fit and people who aren't can do it so what's your point?

An average healthy person can drive a funny car or top fuel dragster, thats a well know fact. :cool:

Have you ever been in a military fighter jet? I beg to differ!

Yes I have actually. I served 6 years on Active Duty with the USAF. Military fighter jet to TF is like apples to oranges. TF is 4 seconds at a time. Flying a fighter jet is constant abuse with the body being supported by numerous pieces of equipment, g suits, oxygen and so on. This is a lost cause. To say that a TF driver is not an athlete, or any racer for that matter is ridiculous.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back