Meet Leah Pruett (1 Viewer)

woody

Nitro Member
The 1320 TV staff was at Indianapolis and captured Leah Pruett's first experience in an 8,000-horsepower Funny Car.

See the preparation and warm-up in the Don Schumacher Racing pits, as well as her on-track performance in our Dialed In and Featured Videos sections. And hear what she tells Jack Beckman after the ride in his MTS Dodge Charger.

We'll have even more from the Indianapolis test sessions, along with coverage of the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals!

Click here: 1320 TV

Thank you!

That was a great interview. Jack did a great job too! I think she is going to do just fine in funny car! Leah is very well spoken and she knows what she is doing. Good luck to her!

I can't seem to find the link with the interview, only the first pass. Can someone link me with the interview? Thanks.

Mike

I am just the opposite, got the interview, no first pass.

EDIT-Nevermind they are in 2 different spots.

Thanks to 1320 for some good stuff!

Last edited:
... Jack did a great job too!
Goes to show why Jack has become so popular with the fans so quickly. His success as a teacher translates very effectively. He's extremely smart, well-spoken, charming, and personable... he puts anyone that he is talking to at ease.

Leah did a very nice job. She needs a little bit of polish on her interviewing but she has a lot of charisma!

shes very well spoken, and already the talk of a rivalry between the 2 funny car women. thats great press! man i gotta admit, if at this time next year they ever have an aol hottest drag racer female- bite my tounge but im sorry ashley :( leahs a hottie :D godd luck to her in the future! and fast jack rules! @ e-town i had on my frank hawleys drag racing school t shirt and he called me over to the pit and we talked about my time at the school and other stuff for 15 min. hes a great guy!!!!!

It's funny how they keep mentioning marketability of women yet NASCAR still dwarfs NHRA and how many women are driving in that sport? :rolleyes:

I think NHRA thinks it's their ticket for the sports growth one thing I do realize it's going to be a long long road before we see a women fuel class champion. ;)

I wish Shirley would come out of retirement...
Remember the generation they are targeting idolizes idiot's like Lindsey Lohan, Britney Smears and the one that ever girl looks like now-a-days Paris Hillton. :p

I wish Leah luck she is going to need it! :)

It's funny how they keep mentioning marketability of women yet NASCAR still dwarfs NHRA and how many women are driving in that sport? :rolleyes:

I think NHRA thinks it's their ticket for the sports growth one thing I do realize it's going to be a long long road before we see a women fuel class champion. ;)

Remember the generation they are targeting idolizes idiot's like Lindsey Lohan, Britney Smears and the one that ever girl looks like now-a-days Paris Hillton. :p

NASCAR doesn't have anything to do with this conversation, Bob..and it's irrelevant anyway. Marketability doesn't mean anything either..if they can't perform on and off the camera..times have changed in that way.

NHRA isn't promoting the female equation..smart owners are..and how are we going to end up with anything close to Shirley if we don't promote it?

NASCAR doesn't have anything to do with this conversation, Bob..and it's irrelevant anyway. Marketability doesn't mean anything either..if they can't perform on and off the camera..times have changed in that way.

NHRA isn't promoting the female equation..smart owners are..and how are we going to end up with anything close to Shirley if we don't promote it?

David it is not irelevant and it has everything to do with marketability. Did you even listen to the Beckman interveiw? :cool:
Wether you agree or not NHRA is trying to copy NASCAR and wants to become as big don't kid yourself and think otherwise so it has a LOT to do with it! NHRA feels this is the best angle to take,promoting women, to get some exposure.

There is only one Shirley and I repect her because she made it when it wasn't PC to hire a women.
I agree they need to hire more women and someday they MIGHT share Shirley's success. These women are getting oppertunities because they are female at 19 years of age how could you pay your dues to get a top flight ride? Right now Ashley is head and shoulders above Leah and my money will go on Ashley when and if they ever meet?
There are other women and men a little more seasoned who have been waiting for such an oppertunity don't you think?
Leah can pass more for Paris's sister than Ashley.;)

Well - women in racing. Got to talk to Milka Duno and Danica Patrick at Indy before the 500. Milka was wonderful with fans and was very happy to be there courtesy of Citgo (which is owned by the government of Venezuela). But . . . the desire wasn't there.
Danica was all business and you could clearly see the fire in her eyes. I'm not sure I see that in Ashley, she had a tough rookie year. Should be interesting to see how she finishes out this season. IF Leah gets an FC ride, she is gonna be up against a bunch of drivers that have that fire!

Bob, while I think it's great that NHRA has so many High profile woman drivers. In Nascar it's completely different! Very few Women I think can handle driving a Stock car in 120 degree heat for 4 hrs! Stamina comes into play compared to a 4-5 second pass down the strip. Just my Opinion.

Bob, while I think it's great that NHRA has so many High profile woman drivers. In Nascar it's completely different! Very few Women I think can handle driving a Stock car in 120 degree heat for 4 hrs! Stamina comes into play compared to a 4-5 second pass down the strip. Just my Opinion.

Stamina=training, lots of women run marathons and our female devil dogs hump 15-20 miles. Leah looks pretty fit. NHRA just needs to fire their marketing/public relations people and hire so go getters that are going to land the fortune 500 type sponsors and get more than token mainstream press.

S/F
D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back