McPhillips/Stewart disqualified (1 Viewer)

Well, congratulations. 🏆
No, I respect opinions, even though I don’t agree with a lot of them. For all of your positive contributions to the world of drag racing, yours here are pretty thin. Grow up Tony!

And another thing, my opinion of course, nothing screams “wack-a-doo” more than twisting politics into a thread that has nothing to do with it. Some people should just stick to their strengths .

Last edited:
Kind of a harsh penalty when they can't even determine if it enhanced performance. Why would they want to piss off the guy that is bringing so much exposure to the sport, and leading for the Championship? That's a bonehead move, they basically are manipulating the Championship outcome. Just have them remove the parts, let him run and see if it slows the car down. Fine the team at worse, not take away their points lead, which is exactly what they did..

No insight on this myself but from what I've seen the magnetos can't be modified in any way in the alcohol classes, but can be in some other classes - like Pro Mod. Supposedly they were bought used so maybe they came from one of these classes and it was just an innocent mistake. That does occassionally happen. LOL

No, I respect opinions, even though I don’t agree with a lot of them. For all of your positive contributions to the world of drag racing, yours here are pretty thin. Grow up Tony!

And another thing, my opinion of course, nothing screams “wack-a-doo” more than twisting politics into a thread that has nothing to do with it. Some people should just stick to their strengths .
Well, I guess that's where we differ. I don't respect all opinions, especially when they are not based in facts, research and common sense. But one is entitled to them, even if it makes them sound silly and ignorant.

....contributions to Nitromater....lol. You can't possibly think I care about that.

....contributions to Nitromater....lol. You can't possibly think I care about that.
I guess you don’t care about the image you present for your team?

That’s ok, I still respect TJ for the positivity and kindness I’ve witnessed from him. You and your gang of “big leaguers” can continue to make yourselves look like a horses ass here, since that’s the only reasons you visit.

I guess you don’t care about the image you present for your team?

That’s ok, I still respect TJ for the positivity and kindness I’ve witnessed from him. You and your gang of “big leaguers” can continue to make yourselves look like a horses ass here, since that’s the only reasons you visit.
I don't know either of you other than what I read here. When it says Tony Smith I expect its his opinion and none that he is affiliated with, same I would think of you. But since its your name next to your comment I think you are doing a much better job of looking like a horses ass with your comment. Seems like quite a race to me.

So now we have Magnetogate. o_O

I speculated a bit myself after first hearing this news but I probably shouldn't have, being as I'm not an A/FD driver/crew member and wouldn't know exactly what happened if I was. So please excuse.

This could be something as simple as McPhillips buying two mags from a TF team where the 'terrible parts' may have been legal...that team may not have known they weren't legal in TAD, didn't mention it and team McPhillips may have had no idea they were in there. Unfortunately, ignorance of the rules (just like ignorance of the law) is no excuse. Still, I have to believe this wasn't a blatant violation; likely not a performance enhancer or else Stewart/McPhillips would have been suspended. It might have been a case of NHRA saying "We have to spank you, but we'll go easy on the licks".

Just my opinion, y'all; based on nothing else.

I still wonder how the NHRA found the suspect components...what was the tip off that they needed to look at the mags. Something that happened during the run, normal procedure??? That would be more interesting than the speculation. To me anyway.

some one set him up
I did. I'm a Julie Nataas fan, plus I really dig the other hip chicks that race A/Fuel. (bar none my favorite cars)

Stupid Boys A/Fuel is for Girls!

1696453036803.png

A/Fuel Megan Meyer in the seat.

Last edited:
I’ve become an even bigger fan of alcohol dragster the last few years. Great competition. I love alcohol funny car too, I just hope they can get the car counts up a bit.
Me too. I have been a huge fan of the alky class since the 1970s (Pro Comp). I have lost count, how many Div 6 races I have
gone too the last 40 plus years. The nicest people in drag racing, race alky cars!

1695759692018.png

Pro Comp. It's the 1976 NHRA Winternationals. The BB/FC of Ken Veney vs the AA/DA of Jerry Darien.
Oh, and by the way, this was the final that Sunday afternoon. Ken Veney got the win "Veney's Vega"

Last edited:
I’ve become an even bigger fan of alcohol dragster the last few years. Great competition. I love alcohol funny car too, I just hope they can get the car counts up a bit.
So do I - I enjoy the TAFC class - but counts are low for multiple reasons. First, a competitive car takes a ton of money to campaign and a ton of skill to maintain and tune, meaning you'll be well heeled if you intend to play; there's not much in the way of sponsors because of limited exposure compared to the nitro cars and NHRA doesn't pay much to the alcohol classes. It costs more just to transport car and crew to the races than the purse for winning the race. The new injected nitro cars should boost the numbers some but it won't revive the class like the days of old.

You just gotta love and be totally dedicated to that class if you intend on competing in it.

I still wonder how the NHRA found the suspect components...what was the tip off that they needed to look at the mags. Something that happened during the run, normal procedure??? That would be more interesting than the speculation. To me anyway.
I heard they bought the mag from Oliver Stone.

I found it ironic that Mikey Waltrip was a guest at the race where his NASCAR alumni was disqualified .

NASCAR was known to give Mikey’s team some “stern-o” warnings and a slight penalty about cheating….

There's more news from Daytona, as the closed-cockpit 'merican rubbin' is racin' league has levied what would seem to be some pretty serious sanctions against Michael Waltrip over the "undetermined substance" in the engine manifold of his #55 Toyota car before qualifying runs at Daytona on Sunday. In fact, the sanctions are the worst NASCAR's ever given out, as AutoWeekreports:

"Crew chief David Hyder and MWR director of competition Bobby Kennedy were physically ejected from the speedway and suspended indefinitely. Hyder was fined a NASCAR-record $100,000. "Indefinite means very long," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice-president of competition. "They were ejected, so they can't appeal not being here this weekend. At some future time they'll apply and ask to be let back in, and we'll sit down and look into it."
As the driver, Waltrip was docked 100 points. His wife, Buffy, the team's "official" owner (although in title only), also was docked 100 points. The point penalties will stand regardless of when he finally qualifies for a race.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back