Tony Stewart Breaks Leg In Sprint Car Crash (1 Viewer)

parrotwhisperer

Nitro Member
Just heard Tony Stewart broke both bones in his right leg in a sprint car crash Monday night in Iowa. Tony was about to lap a driver who spun right in front of him. He took out Stewart + second and third place cars. Stewart had surgery to insert a rod in his leg.
Stewart is a GOOD guy. A few years ago a family in his home town in Indiana had a very sick child that needed long term care. Stewart bought the family a house and filled it with food and everything they would need so they could concentrate on caring for the child. That is the definition of a GOOD guy.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery TS.

I like tony too - a stand up guy who rolled the dice and does it his way as an owner

Back when I watched nascar I used to hate TS. But I read an espn story on him awhile ago and found out his upbringing and relationship with his father (and how that correlated to his racing) was alot like mine. Been a fan ever since. Hope he recovers soon.

I'm not a member of this great site to hear about Nascar drivers nor is anyone else.. Thanks anyways........

Best wishes to Smoke on a fast recovery. He is a true Racer's Racer and a great person.
Now if we can only get him to make a few laps in a T/F car. Wasn't there some talk awhile back about him trying out, The Army car?

I hope Tony gets better soon. Tony is a true racer, he has won in all sorts of cars in his career. He can flat out drive.

Also.. Tony does have a current tie-in with drag racing that a lot of people don't know about.

Love him or hate him, Smoke needs to be out there. A refreshing breath of fresh air every time he is interviewed----especially when he is p*ssed.:D

Thank's for the info, Steve...I just returned home from the western swing and I hadn't heard about Tonys crash. I just watched a video of the crash and and it looks like he took a pretty good tumble.

Last edited:
Too bad to hear about the incident, and hope he can recover soon. Steve, thanks for that story, too. I like hearing of people doing good things for others.

I'm not a member of this great site to hear about Nascar drivers nor is anyone else.. Thanks anyways........

Yet you DID look at the title of the thread and then clicked on it...

...and responded...

:::shakes head:::

We are all so very sorry for that intrusion on your enjoyment of this great site!

:rolleyes:

BINGO on the "racer's racer" comment.

Do you think his sponsors or former owners were crazy about him driving them old Dirt Tracks?

He MAY have been helping the little local promoter but, he just likes to race.

PS: Who 'dat Drag Race tie in?

I hope Tony gets better soon. Tony is a true racer, he has won in all sorts of cars in his career. He can flat out drive.

Also.. Tony does have a current tie-in with drag racing that a lot of people don't know about.

Smoke is a bad hombre, he's the modern day A.J. Foyt. Hopefully he'll heal quickly and be better than ever.

Best wishes to Smoke on a fast recovery. He is a true Racer's Racer and a great person.
Now if we can only get him to make a few laps in a T/F car. Wasn't there some talk awhile back about him trying out, The Army car?

There was a contest about putting Tony behind the wheel of extreme machines, the dragster lost to a tank.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back