Luigi drafting (1 Viewer)

ya know what, taking the glass half full approach and we can say at least he didn't oil the track :D

As far as this post. He did both but broken parts make it impossible to make it always do what you want. Everyone that needs to know what is broken knows and between NHRA and those people it wi be corrected. Must be nice to have it figured out.

So Brent everytime a fuel car crosses the centerline or changes lanes it's because the driver did a bad job of steering? There are forces that make these cars change direction that often cannot be corrected with steering input. I'm just saying all this stuff looks easy from the stands or TV...

I don't think the matter here is crossing the line, that happens all the time.

Being under full power as the car is crossing the line that badly is a little too much for me. Just my opinion.

On a side note, as I was watching ESPN3 Friday night , I thought for sure Luigis front end was messed up after his burnout, and as he was backing up. They ran the car, so I didn't think much of it. Now for a couple days I have been hearing broken front end parts was an issue on Sat. Anybody else see it in the pic?? Video is on youtube also.

Pics---

Front end???

Last edited:
I don't think the matter here is crossing the line, that happens all the time.

Being under full power as the car is crossing the line that badly is a little too much for me. Just my opinion.

I agree, getting up off the groove is one thing...candles still lit crossing over?
Tomorrow is another day...and there is always another day.

I agree, getting up off the groove is one thing...candles still lit crossing over?
Tomorrow is another day...and there is always another day.

So you have never seen or heard of a stuck throttle either? Unless you are in the cockpit and behind the wheel of that car on that run, you know nothing about the situation.

So Brent everytime a fuel car crosses the centerline or changes lanes it's because the driver did a bad job of steering? There are forces that make these cars change direction that often cannot be corrected with steering input. I'm just saying all this stuff looks easy from the stands or TV...
I used the title from the video, which came from John Kernan. I thought it was very odd to still be under power as he was crossing the center line.

So you have never seen or heard of a stuck throttle either? Unless you are in the cockpit and behind the wheel of that car on that run, you know nothing about the situation.

That "situation" looks nothing like a stuck throttle from my angle. What am I missing?
And yes...I have seen some stock throttles a few times in my life resulting in some serious at end of track accidents.
Some of the worst I've witnessed ever have been on the Liquid Quarter Mile.
It happens....I understand that.

How many of you have raced and gone over the center? Being that close to the 1000 foot cone I would try to hang on to it too all the numbers and driveshaft speeds come up to a 3.85-3.90 pass.If you watch the video he lifts just after it crosses the finish line.If you look at the first picture the front wheels are turned he was just trying to make it.And Annie is right there was a broken front end part.The car was tore down that sunday morning and checked over.The only other thing we found was a cracked weight mounting tab and welded it up right there.Why are we the one's to get singled out here?The Greek gets close to the wall,Justin Schriefer crosses the center line and takes out the finish line blocks.Peanut crosses the center line nobody here is grilling Mike Greene over tony's fireball in the lights.So when you guy or girls get the balls buy a fuel car and come try it then talk all the sh*t you want.So leave us the FU*CK alone.To those who are trying to help here thank you.

Last edited:
That "situation" looks nothing like a stuck throttle from my angle. What am I missing?
And yes...I have seen some stock throttles a few times in my life resulting in some serious at end of track accidents.
Some of the worst I've witnessed ever have been on the Liquid Quarter Mile.
It happens....I understand that.

What you are missing is ASSUMING things about what the driver was or wasn't doing..period.

how many of you have raced and gone over the center? Being that close to the 1000 foot cone i would try to hang on to it too all the numbers and driveshaft speeds come up to a 3.85-3.90 pass.if you watch the video he lifts just after it crosses the finish line.if you look at the first picture the front wheels are turned he was just trying to make it.and annie is right there was a broken front end part.the car was tore down that sunday morning and checked over.the only other thing we found was a cracked weight mounting tab and welded it up right there.why are we the one's to get singled out here?the greek gets close to the wall,justin schriefer crosses the center line and takes out the finish line blocks.peanut crosses the center line nobody here is grilling mike greene over tony's fireball in the lights.so when you guy or girls get the balls buy a fuel car and come try it then talk all the sh*t you want.so leave us the fu*ck alone.to those who are trying to help here thank you.

x10.... ;)

What you are missing is ASSUMING things about what the driver was or wasn't doing..period.

I could care less what any driver is doing or not doing.
Just happy that nothing happened! Nothing more, nothing less.
So in my mind...that's a good day. It's Drag Racing dammit!

Some years back I had a guy cross over into my lane after I pulled the chutes at the far end when we had 1,320 foot racing. Never saw the guy the entire run...until I lifted and felt the chutes pull the boat back. He drove through the back door WOT, came across the center line dead nuts in front of me, and eventually landed up off the race course after nearly clipping me with in feet at about 200 mph. To this day I believe if I didn't drop the chutes at that very split second he would drove up over the top of me and it could of been another story. Never believed he meant to deliberately do that, but it sticks in your mind and when you see things like that happen you hold your breath and be glad there was no harm or foul. And I do understand some of what the pull of a Nitro Motor can do. Things happen, things will break...and we broke things just like everybody will do. One of the big reasons I left the water and licensed a TAD and TAFC shortly after. Mainly to put a smile back on my face...and nothing more.

Anyway...I'm sorry I opened up this thread, I should have known better than to get involved with any comments. I realize how hard a Team like this has got to fight to bring it all to the show. Time is so limited and the opportunities are slim and non of it is easy in this life. So forgive me.

All the best!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back