Lots of story lines Indy 2021 (1 Viewer)

There were more than just lots of story lines, just plain lots of lines period. There were many, many people at the ticket booth Sunday trying to get tickets to get in well after round 1 of the pros were done, I saw it. There were way too few food vendors and the lines were terribly long. Then when the allowed people to renew tickets for next year, that was about a farce too. I missed all of round 2 of the pros to do that. and they only had one person working the tent for that. Overall, I've had better experiences at other races. See Norwalk and Charlotte for how to host an event.

I wonder if NHRA, being the facility owner, is trying to crash-dive the place. Sunday morning, 9am, and the one bathroom building was out of paper towels and TP both. Our third time at Indy and by far the worst customer experience of the three visits.
I think a lot of the issues was lack of help. Hard to hire people right now to do any job. Im sure they had an pretty good idea how much help they would need for Sunday but the attendance probably increased 30% after the Saturday rainout. Bandimere had the same issues with lines this year. Some of the food vendors ran out of food too.

I think a lot of the issues was lack of help. Hard to hire people right now to do any job. Im sure they had an pretty good idea how much help they would need for Sunday but the attendance probably increased 30% after the Saturday rainout. Bandimere had the same issues with lines this year. Some of the food vendors ran out of food too.
I remember getting into the track was terrible when I last went in 2017. They only had two lanes coming into the venue for spectators, and were charging for parking, resulting in a terrible bottleneck. I couldn’t believe the sport’s most historic venue had not figured out a better way to do this.

Sunday in Indy was the best attended drag race I have been to in years, yeah, the lines sucked, but it felt good to see so many people showing up to a track to watch a race. I went to all 4 of the Indy races last year and it was like a personal race (which was cool, didn't have to deal with people). I missed half the first round of TF because I came into the track like I did in years past, but the crowds were like they were in the mid 2000's. It's been awhile since I sat in that much traffic. I had a great time and I ran into Joe Sherwood which is always a good time. I am heading to St. Louis in a few weeks, I won't be cutting it so close getting into the track for that one, lesson learned.

Was there only one qualifying session?
Yes-yesterday.
great crowds 2 races in a row. i think it is obvious by results, subsequent scraping to 300', and racer comments that the rt. lane was suspect earlier on sunday. that is unfortunate,
regardless of what track it is at. if they are going to finish on sunday, they should have both friday and saturday available to manipulate schedule for pros in event of rain.
i don't get the canopy top missing on roof of tower either; unless a new tower is scheduled? that tower has got to be close to 40 yrs. old?
I quit watching when I saw that partial canopy on top of the tower. I didn't care how good the racing was.

Just once on Thursday. It looked like it hadn’t been cleaned since last years US Nationals. I am thinking about being like Wilk NS getting my personal porta potty. Lol

The bathroom on the pro sad was absolutely terrible from Thursday on. I picked the porta potty’s over it. That’s how nasty it was.
The paper towels were non existent from Friday afternoon through Sunday. Sanitary services used to do a fair job of keeping up in past years. I also noticed that the garbage pickup in the Pro pits was lacking. Looked like NYC during a garbage strike.

that is terrible about the restrooms and garbage pickup. that's simple stuff to manage. if you lived between norwalk and indy and could go to only one;
that would be the decision maker for sure, especially if your group included females.

there are a few teams that are just struggling lately and none more apparent at indy than kalitta cars. jr lucked out in rnd 1, and langdon blew the tires off at line the 2nd
race in a row. doug not fairing much better. ....... and the bounty hunter livery at indy with no dhl on car? ...... anyone care to comment? hope they can sort out their gremlins soon.

Last edited:
there are a few teams that are just struggling lately and none more apparent at indy than kalitta cars. jr lucked out in rnd 1, and langdon blew the tires off at line the 2nd
race in a row. doug not fairing not better. ....... and the bounty hunter livery at indy with no dhl on car? ...... anyone care to comment? hope they can sort out their gremlins soon.
Pretty sure DHL was on the front wing, not unusual for sponsors to step aside signage wise for a one off tribute deal.

race in a row. doug not fairing not better. ....... and the bounty hunter livery at indy with no dhl on car? ...... anyone care to comment? hope they can sort out their gremlins soon.
Doug is a great driver,he needs AJ tuning

Pretty sure DHL was on the front wing, not unusual for sponsors to step aside signage wise for a one off tribute deal.
DHL was on the front wing
1631071574980.png

What I understand from reading articles about Kalitta Motorsports is that Connie puts DHL on the cars as a 'thank you' for their freight business. I'm not sure any money actually changes hands for sponsorships. So, if DHL isn't paying, then they can put whatever they want on the cars.

As others have said crowds were way up. I think that played into the bathroom and food issues. I've never seen food lines so long there. Obviously hiring people is rough right now but I also wonder if they just didn't expect the crowd size and were not prepared to handle it. Be it cleaning the stalls or having enough food ready to go. I watched the one burger place making 40 burgers on the grill at a time taking however many minutes, yet there are 100 people in line. You're never going to catch up.

There are usually attendants watching the bathrooms, I never saw one at any of them.

i can't stop watching FC final video. wilk runs a way backed off 3.984 to tip toe down rt. lane in semis to beat cruz who overpowered the left lane.
capps goes 3.909 in left lane in semis to cover alexis .......... wilk says to wife, 'i think i can go .92 in rt. lane' ...... goes .912 for the big win in the rt. lane that began day so bad.
trying not to beat themselves in warmest part of day and overpower the track, the napa team backs if off slightly to a 3.946 and gets blindsided. a FC final for the ages.

Last edited:
i can't stop watching FC final video. wilk runs a way backed off 3.984 to tip toe down rt. lane in semis to beat cruz who overpowered the left lane.
capps goes 3.909 in left lane in semis to cover alexis .......... wilk says to wife, 'i think i can go .92 in rt. lane' ...... goes .912 for the big win in the rt. lane that began day so bad.
trying not to beat themselves in warmest part of day and overpower the track, the napa team backs if off slightly to a 3.946 and gets blindsided. a FC final for the ages.
That final was some John Milner vs The Hunt Bros. kinda shit. Only thing was missing was Wolfman Jack howling in the background.

Last edited:
There were more than just lots of story lines, just plain lots of lines period. There were many, many people at the ticket booth Sunday trying to get tickets to get in well after round 1 of the pros were done, I saw it. There were way too few food vendors and the lines were terribly long. Then when the allowed people to renew tickets for next year, that was about a farce too. I missed all of round 2 of the pros to do that. and they only had one person working the tent for that. Overall, I've had better experiences at other races. See Norwalk and Charlotte for how to host an event.

I wonder if NHRA, being the facility owner, is trying to crash-dive the place. Sunday morning, 9am, and the one bathroom building was out of paper towels and TP both. Our third time at Indy and by far the worst customer experience of the three visits.
So you obviously have not been paying attention for the last 16 months. People can't find much needed labor and the nation's supply chain is BROKEN. There is either not enough product, not enough trucks available or not enough drivers (actually all 3).

My company has dozens of factory jobs paying low to mid $20s / hour with great benefits and nobody wants them.

Went to Pocono NASCAR race with my family in July. Waited almost an hour for chicken tenders and fries. Booths were all way understaffed (some with just 1 person making food and 1 taking the $$). They had signs posted with apologies for the inconvenience.

If you think this is the result of intentional inadequacy by ORP or NHRA, you should really open your eyes and see what is going on. Cuz, I agree with you it sucks. But the ugly reality is labor is very tough to get right now. Part time, full time, or temporary. And supply cannot meet demand for most common items including cars. There is going to be some level of inconvenience in our lives until we can upright the ship and close all these gaps.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back