Lots of story lines Indy 2021 (1 Viewer)

BOO BOO

Nitro Member
Langdon did just enough to make the field ,Lex Joon, Clay Millican, Mike Silinas not in the field. Paul Lee not in , TJ ( in for Hagan) didn't make the field because of a $2 part failure.

There have been events where Q was totally washed out, so the fields were set by points. The crew chiefs earned their $2 that day.....

Stands fairly empty. Track does not look prepped by evidence of all the one lane wins. Last time I was there it was standing room only first 660 of track.

Biggest race of the year, stands look like a D3 college game. Barely full fields, future is grim. JFR drops out and DSR drops of downsizes and what you have a 300 MPH display, no ones is going to believe it’s “competitive”

Stands fairly empty. Track does not look prepped by evidence of all the one lane wins. Last time I was there it was standing room only first 660 of track.

Biggest race of the year, stands look like a D3 college game. Barely full fields, future is grim. JFR drops out and DSR drops of downsizes and what you have a 300 MPH display, no ones is going to believe it’s “competitive”
They showed a line several miles long from the air trying to get in. Those guys missed the whole first round,

They showed a line several miles long from the air trying to get in. Those guys missed the whole first round,
Possibly. By switching from one broadcast to the other, they do a fair amount of clipping. Are people really showing up in droves after first round for remaining 3
Hours? It was the traffic clip cut and pasted to make it look bigger than it is?

typically there’s more people in the seats at even during round 1 than round 4 as day goes on

according to Amanda and Tobler's last count it's 23 left lane wins vs. 1 in the right lane. That's disgraceful for the premier event of the series.

If you were in the right lane today you were screwed until the final:
Top Fuel: 14 left 0 right
Funny Car: 12 Left 2 Right
Pro stock: 12 Left 2 Right
PSM: 9 Left 5 Right
I realize that if all the faster cars choose the left lane the results will be skewed but not that much. Also, most of the losses in the right lane were right off the start.
What is weird is that in the final only Torrence won from the left lane.

Stands were pretty packed by the second round. With all the sh*t going on in this country right, I was happy to enjoy the US Nationals in person. Overall I thought it was a great race. Amazing most of the threads and posts I’m reading are so negative.

Stands were pretty packed by the second round. With all the sh*t going on in this country right, I was happy to enjoy the US Nationals in person. Overall I thought it was a great race. Amazing most of the threads and posts I’m reading are so negative.
Have you not been on nitromater lately? A bunch of negative posts from people that don’t actually go to the events. I was there as well and the crowd was great. The pits were packed and the concession lines were long too. If everybody in the place were in the stand all at once, there would have been very few empty seats.

It was pretty packed today, the lines for everything were nuts. I was one of those in line to get in during first round of TF.

I don't get the "both lanes always have to be equal" mentality. Sometimes they are not. What's the point of having lane choice then? Or crew chiefs?

Tim went 3.91 in the final. Brittany blew the tires off right behind him. Is that the lane's fault?

There were more than just lots of story lines, just plain lots of lines period. There were many, many people at the ticket booth Sunday trying to get tickets to get in well after round 1 of the pros were done, I saw it. There were way too few food vendors and the lines were terribly long. Then when the allowed people to renew tickets for next year, that was about a farce too. I missed all of round 2 of the pros to do that. and they only had one person working the tent for that. Overall, I've had better experiences at other races. See Norwalk and Charlotte for how to host an event.

I wonder if NHRA, being the facility owner, is trying to crash-dive the place. Sunday morning, 9am, and the one bathroom building was out of paper towels and TP both. Our third time at Indy and by far the worst customer experience of the three visits.

There were more than just lots of story lines, just plain lots of lines period. There were many, many people at the ticket booth Sunday trying to get tickets to get in well after round 1 of the pros were done, I saw it. There were way too few food vendors and the lines were terribly long. Then when the allowed people to renew tickets for next year, that was about a farce too. I missed all of round 2 of the pros to do that. and they only had one person working the tent for that. Overall, I've had better experiences at other races. See Norwalk and Charlotte for how to host an event.

I wonder if NHRA, being the facility owner, is trying to crash-dive the place. Sunday morning, 9am, and the one bathroom building was out of paper towels and TP both. Our third time at Indy and by far the worst customer experience of the three visits.
Ud think they would fix the roof! Looks like crap

Last edited:
great crowds 2 races in a row. i think it is obvious by results, subsequent scraping to 300', and racer comments that the rt. lane was suspect earlier on sunday. that is unfortunate,
regardless of what track it is at. if they are going to finish on sunday, they should have both friday and saturday available to manipulate schedule for pros in event of rain.
i don't get the canopy top missing on roof of tower either; unless a new tower is scheduled? that tower has got to be close to 40 yrs. old?

Stupid me thought elims were today Monday. Only by sheer dumb luck did I happen to turn on a tv and it was already on the FOX channel. Missed 1st and 2nd rounds.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back