live qualifying..rain delay?? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Nitro Member
live qualifying..rain delay??

how bad is it?
will they get any runs in tonight?

Friday action canceled; Mello Yello qualifying sessions at 12:30 and 2:30 Saturday

No chance of getting it in or cost cutting move?

Rain is forcasted in the area all night. Temperatures in the low 60s right now makes it harder to dry the track. Probably the right move to call it. It's not really a cost cutting maneuver since no fuel cars made a lap the NHRA will issue rain checks.

Rain is forcasted in the area all night. Temperatures in the low 60s right now makes it harder to dry the track. Probably the right move to call it. It's not really a cost cutting maneuver since no fuel cars made a lap the NHRA will issue rain checks.

Been there many times for this type of nagging, lingering light rain. Stop going when 1000' was implemented.
Nostaliga F/C Racing the full 1/4 mile is were it's at, right Mike?

Thanks. I don't think you get a rain check on week end pass and they do save on hourly employees.

It's unbelievable. It hasn't rained here since June and the first time it does, it's on the Friday of the NW nationals. Weather will be stellar for the rest of the weekend and into next week.

Good thing I didn't take a day off work today to go. Actually, I haven't gone since the 1000' deal went into effect. Don't really feel like I'm missing out on too much. Not even a full alcohol program, low Comp entries and barely enough in the Pro stock field. A full day of The super classes doesn't do a whole lot for me anyway, despite the fact that cars are running down the track.

It's unbelievable. It hasn't rained here since June and the first time it does, it's on the Friday of the NW nationals. Weather will be stellar for the rest of the weekend and into next week..
Fri was so frustating because it was just a mist that wouldn`t let up. Never had rain really.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back