Lions Drag Strip Museum (1 Viewer)

Jeff

Nitro Member
June 22nd Grand Opening. đź‘Ť

This is so awesome. It has been, and always will be my favorite strip ever. Still to this day in my view it is the greatest weekly drag strip of all time. Dad took me for the first time in early March of 1964 and I was hooked. Dad had been there on opening day in 55, From 64 thru Dec 1/2, we were at Lions in "our" seats 3 out of 4 weekends. Nothing was like it. A chili tamale or chili hot dog watching some historic drag racing with my dad was beyond priceless. The museum I am sure will be awesome, made need a box of tissues when I make it out there to California. Lived in the San Fernando Valley for 49 years, now living in the deep south.

TopFuel@Lions

went there today, what a great place,loved the old stores ,and store fronts. its way bigger than it looks on the website, nice people running it, its a must go too.

When I go there, and I will from Alabama, I will need a box of tissues. Was going to fly out earlier this year until my wife was diagnosed and passed from cancer. She never got to go but for 42 years she heard the stories from me and others, she knew how Lions was the best ever weekly track our sport has ever known...period. My favorite all time track. Got to see over 150 races at 223rd & Alameda. Nothing like it, best ever!

TopFuel@Lions

When I go there, and I will from Alabama, I will need a box of tissues. Was going to fly out earlier this year until my wife was diagnosed and passed from cancer. She never got to go but for 42 years she heard the stories from me and others, she knew how Lions was the best ever weekly track our sport has ever known...period. My favorite all time track. Got to see over 150 races at 223rd & Alameda. Nothing like it, best ever!

TopFuel@Lions
My condolences to you.

Thank you Randy, I highly respect your views and posts on this board. Every December 2nd, I would wake up for the day and she would greet me saying...today is Lions Day! She knew that track meant the world to me. One year, I woke up for the day and she wore one of my black Lions shirt. It was a very loving gesture.

TopFuel@Lions

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back