New FC Header Rule in '18 (1 Viewer)

I can not remember where I read it but someone wrote an article about NHRA, they wrote how long will the NHRA let these incidents happen? until someone gets killed? Blowing up regularly and bigger, loss of control........

Force is a disaster waiting to happen.

I don’t know about that. Every time a nitro car makes a pass, it’s always on the edge of a disaster.
I’m no Force fan but I still think nobody knows how to handle a funny car better than he does. Now, whether he still can, I can’t answer that.

Three times this year, no obvious problems, always up top when going for the chutes??? might be time, he is 65. Yes I realize couple of the drivers are drastically older, but they rarely make a full pull.

Another top-end, lane change for John Force in Vegas Q2. Nearly takes out Jim Campbell.

everybody complaining about John, and lo and behold Q4 at Vegas2.... Campbell collects 2 blocks

campbell.png

and Diehl crossed all the way over too....

everybody complaining about John, and lo and behold Q4 at Vegas2.... Campbell collects 2 blocks

View attachment 4255

and Diehl crossed all the way over too....
But neither of those guys nearly wrecked themselves and the guy in the other lane like John has done twice this year. Del chewed his ass earlier in the season for the same thing.

Notice Jim Campbell is off the throttle. John wasn't. Based on John's comments after Rd. 1, he got a talking to by NHRA.

As for Diehl, maybe the fire inside the cockpit obscured his vision.

Notice the centerline by the NHRA logo. John is well over the line at this point. Still on the throttle.
38021103641_166792df3f_b.jpg

he said after loosing to ????? he said he would never lift again, he would drive it till its over.....the centerline I guess

edit: it was Capps

Last edited:
I see plenty of no-prep racers driving it until it's upside down and that's called the "new future of drag racing"....
what about the "never lift" culture in all forms of motorsport?
how many "NO FEAR" stickers have been sold over the years?

John is answering calls about his career coming to a close (some from drivers with not enough experience to open their mouths on the subject) with fury and sometimes these things go wonky....just like fuel altereds did, and we all love altereds, right? The NHRA doesn't seem to mind the excitement....playing the crashes and near misses over and over for the highlight reels...

keep it up and there will be super safe COT drag racing like NASCAR, with supplied engines and cameras rolling to catch the fist fights between hot headed drivers (TPed wannabes unite)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back