Lee Beard Retires (1 Viewer)

See you worked for Jim at Performance World. I worked with Jim, Chris and Bill Bishop from the time they took delivery of the car from Don Long until late 1973. You've got some interesting posts.
Oh.. You must have been maybe been helping Jim ,Chris and Bill out on the side with the car?(meet tons of people, worked on the cars and heard lots of accounts but never heard your name mentioned or meet you-also talked to some my fellow employees and they don't know who you are?). When I arrived at Jim Herbert's Performance World (which opened for business in late 1974) Bill had just left and moved over to M&M, but his father Gordon was still there doing pick-up and delivery driving, old "Gordo' was one heck of a nice guy. I started at Jim's in 9/75 as part of my high school regional occupation program through San Juan unified School District then after that was an employee. If you got any questions just ask ;):):D I still am in contact with some of the former "Jim Herbert's Performance World" family as they and their families are still highly involved with motorsports. P.S. their were 2 different Don Long RED's, I was their during the end of the 1st one (actually when I arrived at jim's he was driving the 1st one at Indy) then he sold it and got another one which was the Garrison, Raynor and Herbert car.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back