The Ace Retires (1 Viewer)

Great story...and a great retirement I hope. I know the area he plans to retire at, and it is beautiful. To be at the doorstep to Yosemite National Park is awesome. That is one of the most beautiful National Parks in the U.S. and I've visited many times and it never gets old. Good for Ace. I hope his wife's medical problems are not real serious and she can overcome whatever they are. Have a great time Ace. You deserve it.

CRAP!!!
I'd just read about the good news for Steve Chrisman then I got this bad news!!!
Thanks so much for the memories Ace!!!
Enjoy retirement & I hope Lindas health improves!!!
We all will miss you!!!

My mom live about 15 minutes up the road from Oakhurst in Mariposa. I know exactly were he is talking about. Even know there is a guy with a funny car in Oakhurst is. Maybe he'll come out for some of the nostalgia races.:)

Although this announcement was made some time back, it still bums me out.

I so badly wanted the BRUT cars or the NAPA car to get a championship for ACE. Arrrrrggggh. It's gonna be one of those things that just never resolves.

Anyways, I hope all goes well for him and his family and that they enjoy a well deserved retirement.

sad to hear this. I too wished ed and ron would put it together for the championship. but some things are not to be:(
Our sport was lucky to have him!!!

"I know that I'll miss that, but I'm just not going to miss the politics and pressures. Since I've made this decision, I sleep good at night, It’s sorta cool."

Snake said pretty much the same thing, that it sure was alot easier to sleep at night once he let go of all that pressure.................

Have a great retirement Ace.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back