Lee Beard Retires (2 Viewers)

Yep you are probably right, anyone who hunts a Mountain Lion in the mountains of Colorado (@9000 ft.)in the middle of winter has got to be a "P***y", and O'ya he used a bow instead of a gun. What a wimp. :)

Does that mean that his ego, which usually precedes him, retired in St. Louis?

Now THAT is funny...

Yep you are probably right, anyone who hunts a Mountain Lion in the mountains of Colorado (@9000 ft.)in the middle of winter has got to be a "P***y", and O'ya he used a bow instead of a gun. What a wimp. :)

Wasn't speaking of the object of your man crush :D , I speak of the general use of "he's a black belt" as a validation of toughness...it usually makes me think of someone paying $250 per colored belt at a strip mall dojo.

I drank beer at several places above 9K ft in Colorado....you're right too....it made me tough as hell LOL

Now THAT is funny...

Huntiing mountain lion is not nearly as brave or tough as you make it sound. Shooting a lion out of a tree after the dogs have ran it and drove it up a tree is how it usually happens. Without the dogs you don't normally see one unless its old, sick, starving, wounded and crippled. Without the dogs you'd be lucky to even see tracks. Having done that before I can tell you the most challenge is the 9000 ft elevation.

Give the lion a rifle and let's see how brave these guys are.

Noticed your from Ca. You guys have a mountain lion problem out there that's getting worse every day. That's because you don't allow hunting to help balance the lion population. Legimate hunting is benefical to wildlife and the economy. Your state is becoming overun with black bears and mountain lions because of the do gooders and PETA. Now the wildlife is hunting the humans.

Gotta love this website bullshlt....start talking about beard and then the keyboard hero's show up. If you are going to pull your dlcks out to see who is the man here, better make sure it can get past your zipper.

Gotta love this website bullshlt....start talking about beard and then the keyboard hero's show up. If you are going to pull your dlcks out to see who is the man here, better make sure it can get past your zipper.

I don't make make many posts here but that was fuc*in funny and true1

HEY! I live at 9000 ft in the Colorado Rockies! A couple times a year I see a Mountain Lion close enough to get a shot off. Saw one dragging a deer off the road a few weeks ago.....can I be in the tough guy club?

OK, full disclosure, my house is actually at 8,390 ft.....but I ride my 4 wheeler to 9000 feet all the time! Can I still be included? :D

Wait, what were we supposed to be talking about???

what is the next natural progression of this thread?....lion's drag strip?

funny to re-read some recent threads....
10/16/2011: lee out @ dsr
5/8/2013: torrence releases hogan
5/21/2013: beard resigns from rapisarda

what is the next natural progression of this thread?....lion's drag strip?

funny to re-read some recent threads....
10/16/2011: lee out @ dsr
5/8/2013: torrence releases hogan
5/21/2013: beard resigns from rapisarda

Woe, forgot two more of them.............

11-30-2011: Lee Beard's next gig?
11/26/2012: Beard Released from CPR

How about a comeback with Gary Ormsby Jr with backing from Castrol for the 25th anniversary of his dads TF title. :eek:

(OMG has it been 25 years!!??)

How about a comeback with Gary Ormsby Jr with backing from Castrol for the 25th anniversary of his dads TF title. :eek:

(OMG has it been 25 years!!??)

I feel old now thanks! Lee Beard ,The towel over the throttle pedal throwing the competition off. Wasn't he using a different wing or something and everyone was so focused on that damn towel on ormsby's car haha, and those driving glasses everyone was wearing in the 90's seemingly giving them better reaction times. Ormsby was a cool dude. Good with his fans for sure.

I feel old now thanks! Lee Beard ,The towel over the throttle pedal throwing the competition off. Wasn't he using a different wing or something and everyone was so focused on that damn towel on ormsby's car haha, and those driving glasses everyone was wearing in the 90's seemingly giving them better reaction times. Ormsby was a cool dude. Good with his fans for sure.

I THINK it was something in making the barrel valve react quicker-helping the cars reaction time. But the green towel was a great distraction.

*Congratulations to legendary NHRA Top Fuel crew Chief/Tuner **Lee Beard** on the word of his retirement. My mentors Jim "The Lizard" Herbert & Chris Raynor always spoke highly of lee as they worked together while Lee worked for Gary Ormsby. Lee loves fishing-so when he says 'gone fishing' he means it-great career Lee :):)
See you worked for Jim at Performance World. I worked with Jim, Chris and Bill Bishop from the time they took delivery of the car from Don Long until late 1973. You've got some interesting posts.

Maybe Beard is the smart one . Throwing punches at a National Meet in front of the camera does three things . ,Gets you suspended , gets you a hefty fine and possibly you loose your job or a sponsorship . IMO J F is immature and could care less but Beard isn't in the Independent Elite Drag Racing Group of Owners . You can't help but like John but he can be a mess , he admits it .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back