Leah oiling the whole track. (1 Viewer)

JC

Nitro Member
Watching Leah dump tranny fluid down the entire left hand lane got me a little frustrated. She knows the right thing to do is pull the car over and stop. Instead she legged it down as smoke poured from underneath. This was in her Drag Pack Challenger. The only reason I could think for her doing this was so that her car wrapped in MOPAR wasn't broken pulled over on the track and then put on a flat bed! Either way this was a massive clean-up and effected the race scheduling.

I highly doubt she knew what was going on, if she did, I am sure she would have pulled over out of the groove. There wasn't a mosquito within 10 miles of the track after that.

Unless she has a driver/crew radio in her helmet (or the track PA station tuned in on the car stereo), it's almost impossible to tell on a sealed up factory stock ride....

I nearly certain that your "only reason" is incorrect. It probably just pushed a tailshaft seal out .... probably was fixed before the track was clean.

It was obvious the car was wounded from the start, and she had absolutely no chance of winning the publicity match race against Papa John, yet she continued on her way, driving a smoke cloud the entire track all the way thru the shutdown area; in the middle of her lane. The car nosed over after the launch, yet she didn't know ? Moreover, does that car have mirrors ?

I just finished watching the Saturday All Access broadcast, as I wanted to watch the Allstar races. She definitely knew she had a problem, so yeah, I could see how the fans in attendance or anyone watching it live, could be a bit frustrated. As soon as she got the car stopped after making the turn off, she jumped out quick and was trying to open the hood as fast as possible. I'm guessing she thought there might have been a small fire with all of the smoke involved so she wanted to get the hood open asap to see what was going on. As for the run, she was out of the throttle around the 330' mark, so hopefully in the future she'll know to pull it over and try and get the car stopped sooner rather than later.

I just finished watching the Saturday All Access broadcast, as I wanted to watch the Allstar races. She definitely knew she had a problem, so yeah, I could see how the fans in attendance or anyone watching it live, could be a bit frustrated. As soon as she got the car stopped after making the turn off, she jumped out quick and was trying to open the hood as fast as possible. I'm guessing she thought there might have been a small fire with all of the smoke involved so she wanted to get the hood open asap to see what was going on. As for the run, she was out of the throttle around the 330' mark, so hopefully in the future she'll know to pull it over and try and get the car stopped sooner rather than later.

I just watched the recording last night as well, and I echo everything you said. She shut it off around 300' because she knew something was wrong. Honestly, I can't believe she didn't pull it over with as much experience she has.

Sean D

Unbelievable. I had to keep watching to make sure Luigi Novelli didn't get out of the car on top end.
What made you think he would? His years of experience? He was loosing his belts. What did he do wrong, please, tell me?

He is 75 years old and still running. He beat the number one qualifier the first race out this season. He is not damaging as much as you think he has. He has had help the last few years. You people are ignorant. He is living his dream. It may not be perfect but it is his dream. It is getting better with time. I watch the comments on here and am disgusted at how rude people can be.

Smiling!!!

What made you think he would? His years of experience? He was loosing his belts. What did he do wrong, please, tell me?

He is 75 years old and still running. He beat the number one qualifier the first race out this season. He is not damaging as much as you think he has. He has had help the last few years. You people are ignorant. He is living his dream. It may not be perfect but it is his dream. It is getting better with time. I watch the comments on here and am disgusted at how rude people can be.

Well said and good for you!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back