Please pray for my family.... (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
I found out earlier today that we lost a member of our family. My cousin Sandy was found dead in her apartment in Midwest City, OK. She left behind a 7 year old son and a 16 year old daughter. Sandy was recently divorced and has had problems with prescription medication over the last 5 years or so. Recently out of re-hab (again) we thought she was on the right track. We don't know if she took her own life, accidentally overdosed or if her frail body just couldn't recover from the damage she had done to it.

I am having a great deal of trouble with this. She was 44.....only 4 1/2 years older than me. We were like sisters. She was the one that taught me about hair, makeup, clothes......and boys. There were 6 of us cousins in about a 10 year range that are very close! We are all more like brothers and sisters instead of cousins. The rest of us kind of gave up trying to help her. I am heart broken that she basically died alone. The only solice I have is that deep down, I'm sure she always knew how much she was loved.

You might remember that we lost another cousin last July. I am saddened by the fact that I haven't seen any extended family since then. And, now....

This picture was taken last Christmas.
Sandy.jpg

Wow Kelly , sorry to hear about your Cousin. Ever since I lost my Father to Cancer back in '88, it has given me a whole new perspective on just how precious life is.

Kelly
We can try to help those we love the most, or try to help a total stranger, friend, just someone that has fallen on hard times for no reason of their own making... But if they do not accept our hand as we walk in their shoes for a period of minutes or years... Or listen to the words that we speak, either from experience that we have with the same issue, or as a clear thinking, logical human being and true friend... They can never help themselves and will take you and your soul down with them... I send you a huge hug sweetheart, and hope that your pain is eased by knowing that she knew you cared... I'm so sorry love...

Really sorry that you're going through this Kelly. My girlfriend can really relate with you right now, as she lost a brother a couple months ago to alcoholism. He'd been in and out of ICU more than once a year over the past few years, so it seemed more a matter of when than if. Sounds like her brother was maybe a little more predictable.

I am very sorry to hear that Kelly....our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family in these tough times.

Sorry for your loss Kelly.

Only time will lessen the pain. Stay as strong as you can until that pain subsides to a manageable level. Don't be afraid to lean on your friends and family. That's what they'd want you to do.

Kelly, There's near really anything to say that tells how much we hurt for you and yours. You and yours are in our Prayers

Kelly- Sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

Kelly,

I share your sorrow - and, sadly, I know what you are feeling. Losing a family member is tough, unexpectedly losing one is even tougher. Try to remember the good times and give the still-living members of your family all the love you can as they try to cope with their grief.

Last week, one of my granddaughters started making a photo montage of my late grandson and the whole family joined in the search for photos to add to the collection. There were a lot of tears, but there were also a lot of smiles as we remembered the circumstances surrounding each of the photos from his too-short life and the montage became a focal point for his friends and family at the funeral.

- Larry

Kelly,

My family's thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this trying time.

Gordon

Kelly, sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family is in my prayers. Let me know if you need anything.

Justin

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back