Langdon Officially Joins Al-Anabi (1 Viewer)

From the first paragraph of the OP:

Seriously? That is BY FARRRRRRRRR NOT an answer. Still very unclear as we have no idea if Larry Dixon's team is for drivers with a history in the sport, Del's seat was a rookie TF driver, Langdon is not a rookie but does not have the experience dixon had. AJR could put Landon in Dixon's car because he may say I want a good driver who can cut lights. (Dixon's left first percentage for 2011 was 46.4%, 2010 39.6%! 2009: 49.1%), or he can say I want a driver only with a long resume in Dixon's car, and put a somewhat new driver in del's car.

Do you guys think in the eyes of AJR, is there one team he feels is his A team and wants everything tip top where a similar B team is not as good but capable, or do you feel that he sees both teams are equal.

Seriously? That is BY FARRRRRRRRR NOT an answer. Still very unclear as we have no idea if Larry Dixon's team is for drivers with a history in the sport, Del's seat was a rookie TF driver, Langdon is not a rookie but does not have the experience dixon had. AJR could put Landon in Dixon's car because he may say I want a good driver who can cut lights. (Dixon's left first percentage for 2011 was 46.4%, 2010 39.6%! 2009: 49.1%), or he can say I want a driver only with a long resume in Dixon's car, and put a somewhat new driver in del's car.

Do you guys think in the eyes of AJR, is there one team he feels is his A team and wants everything tip top where a similar B team is not as good but capable, or do you feel that he sees both teams are equal.
Why was Del's seat a rookie TF driver?

Last edited:
Why was Del's seat a rookie TF driver?

Ok let me back it up more. The races Del ran in TF prior to 2011, still made him I guess you can say 1/2 a rookie TF driver. I don't think the word Rookie is right here anyway cause Del was far from it, NHRA just uses it to technically describe his first full season. NHRA calls anyone's first full season their rookie year when I don't think that's correct. However many races a driver makes in the season they make their first start should be the rookie season. I don't support this NHRA idea where, well if you run only x number of races, (It used to be 4 races was a max if you wanted to be up for rookie of the year for a year you could run the full tour, don't know what it is now.) you can still compete for the auto club honor when you run your first full season

(It used to be 4 races was a max if you wanted to be up for rookie of the year for a year you could run the full tour, don't know what it is now.) you can still compete for the auto club honor when you run your first full season

That's what it is. Which is why, for example, you saw Alexis DeJoria running the last four races of the year. So she's eligible next year.

FWIW, I like that rule.

Ok let me back it up more. The races Del ran in TF prior to 2011, still made him I guess you can say 1/2 a rookie TF driver. I don't think the word Rookie is right here anyway cause Del was far from it, NHRA just uses it to technically describe his first full season. NHRA calls anyone's first full season their rookie year when I don't think that's correct. However many races a driver makes in the season they make their first start should be the rookie season. I don't support this NHRA idea where, well if you run only x number of races, (It used to be 4 races was a max if you wanted to be up for rookie of the year for a year you could run the full tour, don't know what it is now.) you can still compete for the auto club honor when you run your first full season
Thank's, I forgot about the 4 race max thing. I'm not even sure how many TF races he ran before this year.

Seriously?........

Dead serious Patrick.

I think you're waaaaay over-analyzing this.

They said Shawn will be taking over Larry's seat, to me that means the car that Larry drove and the crew that serviced it. Simple as that.

Perhaps AJ will mix the crews up, but that's his perogative. But somehow, I seriously doubt he'll take a combination that just produced a world championship (In a pretty convincing manner at that.) and fool around with it.

And yes, I think he sees both crews as being equal to each other. To me, if you consider one crew as some how "not quite as good as the other crew" you're going to have morale issues.

Last edited:
Thank's, I forgot about the 4 race max thing. I'm not even sure how many TF races he ran before this year.

Yea, but you gotta be careful cause everybody thought Antron back in 08 could run for rookie of the year. Everybody then figured out it's rookie to class, not in nhra so it made him disqualified for the rookie class

Perhaps AJ will mix the crews up, but that's his perogative. But somehow, I seriously doubt he'll take a combination that just produced a world championship (In a pretty convincing manner at that.) and fool around with it.

And yes, I think he sees both crews as being equal to each other. To me, if you consider one crew as some how "not quite as good as the other crew" you're going to have morale issues.

Well it has not been said exactly how much tuning AJ did on Del's car last year, He did tune it that's not the question. I believe he played a HUGE factor in how that car ran, not trying to downgrade Brian Husen, But Del's car had many simlarities to the performance he had with Tony. I also agree that I don't think he views any of his teams better than the other, but whatever one he personal does touch (not the midas touch, the AJ touch) is far better.

It would be very interesting to know what is going down at Al Anabi. Very wierd. But regardless, congrats to Langdon. Seems like a pretty cool dude that can cut some nasty lights!

I will be curious to see if Langdon's RT improves after a somewhat down year last year........;)

How can Del be considered a T/F rookie when he drove for Roger Primm in 12 events in 1994? He also drove a T/F for John Mitchell.

Well Shawn Langdon is surely going to get his first win and then some LOL. As long as Jessica is the BUG, we're all good. :D

And I wouldn't worry too much about Larry. A team owner would be dumb for not wanting to hire him.

How can Del be considered a T/F rookie when he drove for Roger Primm in 12 events in 1994? He also drove a T/F for John Mitchell.

I know all along he drove for about 20 races in tf, but it still makes him, ok half a rookie. He's a pro in fc, he gained a ton of experience in tf this year, but there is no way you can tell me this was not his somewhat of a rookie season. Just because you proved your skills in fc means nothing in TF. Another defense, he admitted he learned alot about how to drive the car. Anytime your still learning the fundamentals of how to drive a car/what it tends to do/what it likes as he has stated, your still a rookie. And if Whit comes back, yes, he's still a rookie TF driver to me.

Last edited:
I know all along he drove for about 20 races in tf, but it still makes him, ok half a rookie. He's a pro in fc, he gained a ton of experience in tf this year, but there is no way you can tell me this was not his somewhat of a rookie season. Just because you proved your skills in fc means nothing in TF. Another defense, he admitted he learned alot about how to drive the car. Anytime your still learning the fundamentals of how to drive a car/what it tends to do/what it likes as he has stated, your still a rookie. And if Whit comes back, yes, he's still a rookie TF driver to me.

I will say this....you are definitely no rookie when it comes to digging yourself a hole! :rolleyes:

I will say this....you are definitely no rookie when it comes to digging yourself a hole! :rolleyes:

How is stating a fact digging a hole? So are you trying to tell me like the current rule is, anyone that makes more than 4 races a year is not a rookie because the NHRA said so? I would think it takes any driver in any class at least a full season races, at least 50-100 runs in a year, to gain enough personal experience to graduate from rookie status. What's so outrageous about the statement. Del was NOT THERE before this year, Whit will be cause although he made close to 100 runs in 07, he has not driven since. Whit won't be a rookie after his experience in the class comes back to him, If he comes back, I dont see his first race back showing full potential.

Last edited:
Rather than offer Patrick a shovel, I'll just say that, as far as I know, NHRA defines Rookie as someone who has started in four or fewer races in any of the four professional classes (TF, FC, PS, and PSB). Pretty simple.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back