Langdon Officially Joins Al-Anabi (1 Viewer)

I am absolutely shocked by this news! This is so far out of left field that I never saw it coming. /sarc :D

Sorry to see Larry out of the seat, but this is awesome for Shawn. He is a great driver, from the sportsman level on up and can't wait to see him on the winner's podium.

Great for Shawn!

He's probably thinking "Pinch me! Wait! On second thought, don't. If I'm dreaming, I don't want to wake up!"

"Hopefully, we can keep that No. 1 on one of the Al-Anabi cars for years to come."

Interesting. I thought the number went with the driver. Shows what I know.

if testing is going well, bet driver #2 will be announced tomorrow.

glad for shawn; paul's probably right - pomona for first win ;)
i picked shawn to win pomona last year and barely missed.

"Hopefully, we can keep that No. 1 on one of the Al-Anabi cars for years to come."

Interesting. I thought the number went with the driver. Shows what I know.

I think it can go with the team owner if the driver retires. I recall both Darrell Russell and Brandon Bernstein keeping the car number from where Amato and KB finished in points the prior year. I might be wrong, but that's what I think I remember.

does anyone know which car? More importantly is his cc Jason McCullough or Brian Husen with maybe Alan Johnson?

I think it can go with the team owner if the driver retires. I recall both Darrell Russell and Brandon Bernstein keeping the car number from where Amato and KB finished in points the prior year. I might be wrong, but that's what I think I remember.

This happened with Mike Dunn. In 99 he finished 4th. Did not compete in 2000, and in 2000 Amato finished 4th. In 2001, Dunn wore 4th all year, I was always questioning that, it's halfway right because there last full season they finished 4th. I think it would of been more proper to retire # 4 just for Amato that season, but I guess they (NHRA or Amato) let Dunn have the number. I'm pretty sure it's non transferrable to a different driver. I do not think anyone can wear the # 1. Dixon is the only one who can wear his number on the wing.

Last edited:
does anyone know which car? More importantly is his cc Jason McCullough or Brian Husen with maybe Alan Johnson?

I saw a tweet from Brad Littlefield that Langdon will be in the gold car, so, based on this year, that would mean Husen as CC. But that is just a guess based on what they did in 2011. Who knows what will happen in 2012 in terms of CCs. We'll see what washes out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back