Langdon Officially Joins Al-Anabi (1 Viewer)

Rather than offer Patrick a shovel, I'll just say that, as far as I know, NHRA defines Rookie as someone who has started in four or fewer races in any of the four professional classes (TF, FC, PS, and PSB). Pretty simple.

Yea, but you can't even fully agree with that. Just because it's policy does it make it right. All of you who want to mock me or are loading your weapons, take this example. Who's more of a rookie?

Driver A: Makes 4 events, DNQ's for 2, 2/2 Round record to end season. Made 20 Runs. Will run full schedule next season. Is in the running for next years rookie of the year.
Driver B: Makes 5 Events, 10/5 round record to end season. Made 35 Runs. Will run full schedule next season. Is not in the running for next years rookie of the year because the NHRA says so. Is in the running for this season but will not win due to only 5 events.

My issue with that is the Driver B is more experienced, yet Driver A may get to win rookie of the year. FYI, Why is it I get the most ball breaking on this site? I post an opinion like I am supposed to, I say what I want to, no matter how *#&@ up you think it is, It's my view, I'm not disrespectful, yet people are always to me. I am entitled to my respect and not a damn sole gives it to me.

You can't ask NHRA to be in the business of deciding what/who is "more of a rookie" based on round record and DNQs and so on. They need something cut and dried.

Their rule for race entry is "did you turn on the stage beam?" If so, you entered the race. It applies to the rookie award, to refunding entry money, to eligibility for round money, etc. If you show up, and turn on the stage beam, you entered the race, were there for the round, whatever. The rest after that doesn't matter.

In your case above, Driver B was silly. Should've sat out one of those races if they wanted to win the ROY award. They know the rules.

As for "ball breaking", IMHO, you seem to get it because you choose lightning rod subjects and post things as fact that are opinion -- or worse -- wrong. As I've said before (and it's been a hard lesson for me to learn personally) is: better to be quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

As for "ball breaking", IMHO, you seem to get it because you choose lightning rod subjects and post things as fact that are opinion -- or worse -- wrong. As I've said before (and it's been a hard lesson for me to learn personally) is: better to be quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

I never post my opinion as facts and sure I post lightning rod subjects, but I make people think, if they don't like my view that's fine, if i'm wrong that is an issue of a conflict of pov, Wrong because you (not you personally) disagree with it and wrong saying it's sunny when it's really raining are 2 different things. I would just like to be respected over my pov instead of being one of the people that dares to write some of the things I do and then feeling like I need a shield. I'm entitled to my opinion and 90% of the time people are not just disagreeing about my view, they are being downright insulting of my opinion. Again your free to think whatever you want about me and my opinion privately, but anything more than a public disagreement is uncalled for.

Again to whoever reads this: Just because you may not like it or think it's wrong, does not mean it is wrong and certainly does not allow you to take shots at me for it. Show me some respect reguardless of what I write. Just how quickly this thread now is shot to crap all because I express a view, it's really pathetic that I'm getting told how I am diggin myself a hole when all I am doing is bringing a point to the table. I get flack thread after thread for expressing my opinions that nobody else has. I'm tired of it. I always write in a way that is officially advertised to be MY OPINION and I mind my business, never disrespect or talk crap to anybody out of the blue, and i'm just really getting tired of all the bull&^* i get just for writing how I feel. Again, you don't agree that's fine, I don't need the comments, the pm's, the ball breaking.

Last edited:
With all due respect, I think some of the grief you take is because of your tendency to beat horses that are long since dead.

In this case you dug a hole ("Del was a rookie") and then only made matters worse by challenging the definition of the word "rookie". You were unclear on the NHRA rules, it was clarified, and yet you persist on challenging that definition. Sounds a bit Clinton-esque ("it depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is").

But I'll leave it to you to decide when to press on and when to back off.

Hey Patrick, you're posting alongside a lot of folks here that are exceptionally knowledgable in the sport of Drag Racing. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. And what Chris said a couple of post up. I've been in love with Drag Racing since 1961 but I chose to sit back and read for the most part because these peoples posts have a lot to offer. However as I read this Thread I’m still trying to figure out whether it’s a script for a sitcom or a soap opera.

Last edited:
I guess I should be unopinionated at all and just write a bs clique response to everything and never offer any discussions. It's pitiful it truly is. Everyone that has something against me is seriously not ok because you all are just not disagreeing with me and offering me a counterpoint, (I respect the few that do), Most of it is all you guys twisting my words around or impying I mean something I never did.

I never said I want to change NHRA rule's I offered my opinion of what I thought it should be and what a rookie means to me. It's shameful that some of you actually think that somehow I wrote with the attitude that NHRA is wrong, All it was is what a rookie means to me and what I think it should pretain to, nothing more to be read into, but you guys of course found something. That something was never meant to be a part of this conversation. I don't know what the hell to do anyone. I wanna get off this stupid pointless site where you are not free to post an opinion because someone will take it outta context and bash you, or stay. I would not care if it was not the fact that anytime I post anything there's always somebody with a hard on for me and i'm sick and tired of it. Every damn day I get on this site I type my input and I always get attacked for it and it does not stop. I'm entitled to my opinion, your entitled not to like it, i'm entitled to be respected for how I feel no matter what you think of it, leave it at a disagreement.

People tell me the problems me, I seriously do not believe it as all i do in write my opinion than get trampled on at least 4-7 times a week. People tell me not to post as much, that's not the answer, the answer is to respectfully disagree or do not write a goddamn thing. Alot of people don't like me all because they dont agree with what I have to say, that is totally wrong. I'm called wrong over and over again, called ignorant, or words related to stupidity not because of inaccuracy, but because of a pov that people dont like.

Last edited:
I guess I should be unopinionated at all and just write a bs clique response to everything and never offer any discussions. It's pitiful it truly is. Everyone that has something against me is seriously not ok because you all are just not disagreeing with me and offering me a counterpoint, (I respect the few that do), Most of it is all you guys twisting my words around or impying I mean something I never did.

I never said I want to change NHRA rule's I offered my opinion of what I thought it should be and what a rookie means to me. It's shameful that some of you actually think that somehow I wrote with the attitude that NHRA is wrong, All it was is what a rookie means to me and what I think it should pretain to, nothing more to be read into, but you guys of course found something. That something was never meant to be a part of this conversation. I don't know what the hell to do anyone. I wanna get off this stupid pointless site where you are not free to post an opinion because someone will take it outta context and bash you, or stay. I would not care if it was not the fact that anytime I post anything there's always somebody with a hard on for me and i'm sick and tired of it. Every damn day I get on this site I type my input and I always get attacked for it and it does not stop. I'm entitled to my opinion, your entitled not to like it, i'm entitled to be respected for how I feel no matter what you think of it, leave it at a disagreement.

People tell me the problems me, I seriously do not believe it as all i do in write my opinion than get trampled on at least 4-7 times a week. People tell me not to post as much, that's not the answer, the answer is to respectfully disagree or do not write a goddamn thing. Alot of people don't like me all because they dont agree with what I have to say, that is totally wrong. I'm called wrong over and over again, called ignorant, or words related to stupidity not because of inaccuracy, but because of a pov that people dont like.
nobody is forcing you to stay. you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Patrick, I think you need to breathe deeply, and reflect. You said:

Ok let me back it up more. The races Del ran in TF prior to 2011, still made him I guess you can say 1/2 a rookie TF driver. I don't think the word Rookie is right here anyway cause Del was far from it, NHRA just uses it to technically describe his first full season. NHRA calls anyone's first full season their rookie year when I don't think that's correct. However many races a driver makes in the season they make their first start should be the rookie season. I don't support this NHRA idea where, well if you run only x number of races, (It used to be 4 races was a max if you wanted to be up for rookie of the year for a year you could run the full tour, don't know what it is now.) you can still compete for the auto club honor when you run your first full season

This clearly says that you think NHRA is wrong. But just now you say:

It's shameful that some of you actually think that somehow I wrote with the attitude that NHRA is wrong, All it was is what a rookie means to me and what I think it should pretain to, nothing more to be read into, but you guys of course found something. That something was never meant to be a part of this conversation.

You brought it INTO the conversation. And then beat it until it was beyond dead.

nobody is forcing you to stay. you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

I can take the heat, not day after day after day for being nothing but opinionated. I'm not allowed to come on here and say what I want to anymore without constantly having to deal with everything that comes to me after it, and this is becoming a serious problem. I refuse to not be allowed to form my own opinions in a respectful manner and that's what some people on here are trying to do, intimidate me to the point i am silenced.

Patrick, I think you need to breathe deeply, and reflect. You said:

This clearly says that you think NHRA is wrong. But just now you say:

You brought it INTO the conversation. And then beat it until it was beyond dead.

I should of wrote the entire policy I dont agree with it, most of it I do. You guys make me beat a dead horse because i feel like most of the time whatever I write, someone kills my opinions right away and I try to give them a second life because many never let my dicussions live. I want to feel like I have a respected opinion on here again no matter who agrees with it or not, most people on here don't even give me the time of day all because I post what they did not like to read. Why is it always me with the target on my back I done nothing outrageous expect for what, write feeling on some topics that some people dont feel I should be writing about, where's the fairness?

Respect is not owed, it's earned. Takes time.

I should not have to earn respect before I am allowed to type what I want to say without being mocked someway for it. I never said I deserve respect, I said that I deserve the right to have my opinions respected reguardless of its popularity when I state them in an honest and non demanding manner.

OK, so here is an example of why you get attacked. Beating this horse until it's a bloody pulp. But clearly you don't see it.

You are "allowed" to say whatever you want. People "respect" your right to say it. They don't have to respect you or your opinion. There's the difference.

OK, so here is an example of why you get attacked. Beating this horse until it's a bloody pulp. But clearly you don't see it.

You are "allowed" to say whatever you want. People "respect" your right to say it. They don't have to respect you or your opinion. There's the difference.

That's where there's a problem. I care less if anyone respects me, I think it's only fair that anyone's opinion IS respected and that's what this site has problems with. It's completely lopsided how people's reputations on this site are made or destoyed on this site all because of the popularity of what you wrote. It's down to true popularity. My reputation is destroyed on here all because I happen to be the guy more often than not that posts something that nobody likes to read. How is that my fault? I deserve and so does everyone on here to have their opinions respected, you dont have to respect the user, but this site limits freedom of speech because I have proven many times this year that you cannot post a general pov without dealing with the consequences of having the unpopular belief.

One last try and then I'm done.

In life, or on the Mater, you earn respect -- for yourself and therefore for your opinions -- by virtue of time, experience, skill, stature, etc. It is not granted by birth, or by spending your $1 to register on here. It takes time, years often, to have people say "there goes a good person, and smart too".

You certainly can have an opinion that is "out there". Trust me, I have expressed them here. And if it's ill-considered, based on a false premise, poorly stated, or simply stupid, people here will call you on it. That's called discourse.

If you prefer not to have people disagree with you, and/or not call you on opinions they feel aren't worthy of respect, don't offer them.

Patient: "Doctor, doctor, when I raise my arm up like this it hurts!"
Doctor: "Don't raise your arm up like that."

One last try and then I'm done.

In life, or on the Mater, you earn respect -- for yourself and therefore for your opinions -- by virtue of time, experience, skill, stature, etc. It is not granted by birth, or by spending your $1 to register on here. It takes time, years often, to have people say "there goes a good person, and smart too".

You certainly can have an opinion that is "out there". Trust me, I have expressed them here. And if it's ill-considered, based on a false premise, poorly stated, or simply stupid, people here will call you on it. That's called discourse.

If you prefer not to have people disagree with you, and/or not call you on opinions they feel aren't worthy of respect, don't offer them.

Patient: "Doctor, doctor, when I raise my arm up like this it hurts!"
Doctor: "Don't raise your arm up like that."

And I agree with you on that, and I thank you for the educated discussion. I'm still in the first stage I think everyone had on here but got over, I have to stop caring what anybody says and i'll work on that, I think it's human nature to take it personal as a first response, but I am not gonna stop discussing the sport I love, so i'll just let go of caring what the reaction is of my opinion, simple as that. Over and out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back