Balooshi Officially Named Driver (1 Viewer)

Oh there's a lot more to speculate about. What is the real reason LD was let go....:eek:
If I were to speculate, here are my thoughts. Sheik had in his mind a few years ago to have a Championship driver in his car from his region. He formed the two car dragster team last year with the intentions of making this happen, then moved Del into that seat and everyone concentrated on getting that team to perfection. AJR concentrated on getting Del a title, meanwhile Dixon is second fiddle. 2012 comes around and it's time for Balooshi to take the seat and get the Sheik his Championship, Dixon again would be relegated to second fiddle............

Once again, that's nothing more than my speculations.:cool:

Your answer was 3.... and you're writing an NHRA stat book? :rolleyes:

Ok let me clear this one up...He said how many have won a championship for AJ. Can be looked at as generally than yes 5. Why did I say 3, I was thinking of championships for AJ with him wrenching. I was unaware that I was counting a TAD title, Tony, Gary, Del, and I did not say dixon because I am not sure how much of the tuning he did.

Ok let me clear this one up...He said how many have won a championship for AJ. Can be looked at as generally than yes 5. Why did I say 3, I was thinking of championships for AJ with him wrenching. I was unaware that I was counting a TAD title, Tony, Gary, Del, and I did not say dixon because I am not sure how much of the tuning he did.

I'd count 96 also, just becasue.

It was almost a run-away by the time they got to indy, and the car was running strong.

I'd count 96 also, just becasue.

It was almost a run-away by the time they got to indy, and the car was running strong.

I was told when they were helpin jim head for the end of that year, you could of put head in the car and it would of locked it up and that Blaine would of run as good or better. Kenny handled the whole deal very professionally.

Maybe there was bad blood behind the whole situation that is the real truth we will never find out, but I actually do believe that Dixon may want to run on his terms. It's logical, he's been driving for 16 years for nothing but owners, I would think he has enough of a bank account with a few sponsorship deals here and there to at least run a limited schedule. I feel he may have more satisfaction running everything on his terms and his coin than possibly just being a hired gun. Maybe that's why.

Even if LD wanted to start up his own team, it would take a boat load of cash. And, without knowing the terms of any of his contracts, I'd advise not speculating on his personal finances. From what I remember, LD and family live a modest lifestyle. Sure he has a Champions resume to attract potential sponsors, but how many sponsors are gonna invest the start up capital that would be needed for a brand new team? There have been very few sponsors even willing to budget enough cash to put their name on an existing car. Unfortunately, there are very very few open seats in Top Fuel. A couple of ideas off the top of my head are a 4th DSR car, highly doubtful. Drivers usually need a check in hand, nothing personal against Don. Or, possibly a more plausible idea, a 3rd Kalitta car. I guess if you wanna go off the deep end, a JFR Top Fueler would be interesting, even though I seriously doubt that would ever occur.

Either way this whole deal ended at the worst possible time; during the off season when plans for the following season have already been finalized, or are in the process of being finalized. Leaving a Champion out of the seat with no real Championship level prospects out there.

Even if LD wanted to start up his own team, it would take a boat load of cash. And, without knowing the terms of any of his contracts, I'd advise not speculating on his personal finances. From what I remember, LD and family live a modest lifestyle. Sure he has a Champions resume to attract potential sponsors, but how many sponsors are gonna invest the start up capital that would be needed for a brand new team? There have been very few sponsors even willing to budget enough cash to put their name on an existing car. Unfortunately, there are very very few open seats in Top Fuel. A couple of ideas off the top of my head are a 4th DSR car, highly doubtful. Drivers usually need a check in hand, nothing personal against Don. Or, possibly a more plausible idea, a 3rd Kalitta car. I guess if you wanna go off the deep end, a JFR Top Fueler would be interesting, even though I seriously doubt that would ever occur.

Either way this whole deal ended at the worst possible time; during the off season when plans for the following season have already been finalized, or are in the process of being finalized. Leaving a Champion out of the seat with no real Championship level prospects out there.

Alot remains left unknown here. As far as A JFR TF car, It's proven that he has a dragster and is rumored to start Brittany

I'm thinking Balooshi is might become real bored real fast, once he is comfortable with the new driving position, levers etc. He is going from a 5 sec. pro mod, arguably one, if not the hardest cars to drive, to an AJ prepared 300 inch Cadillac, ;)which is going to be a pretty easy transition I'm thinking. He'll probably become real good real fast on his reaction times, because there isn't as much to think about, once he leaves the starting line, (compared to his previous ride).:D

If JFR does indeed have a dragster, and it's for Brittany, then that doesn't mean anything where Dixon is concerned. Unless your suggesting LD run a season or three setting up the team only to be ousted in favor of Force's daughter. After the current situation's demise, I don't see Dixon signing on for more of the same. One thing is for sure, it'll be interesting to see where Dixon winds up.

Mitch King is an awesome guy, I suggest that anyone approach him at the races and strike up a conversation. The guy just loves to burn nitro.

Lance, I was about to post the same thing, almost word-for-word! Gotta love his enthusiasm for nitro racing!

I don't give a dang whether it IS the current, and future, state of things. I hate how drag racing has become a sport of "buying in." And hit me, if you must, with all the comparisons to other sports ... even other racing. That it's all about the gitas, and whomever's bringing the most to the party gets to spin the steering wheel. I still don't give a dang.

Something elemental and very important is getting lost here. And if indeed this "money" approach to drag racing was actually working, why is attendance dropping? Why are old timers like me fleeing the sport? Why aren't kids showing interest?

Because professional drag racing's no longer about a small, tight-knit group tuning a car on some kind of an actual budget and then, winning. It's all about corporate sponsorship and huge, vastly-funded teams. And they rule the sport like Rosie O'Donnel at a buffet.

People, whether they're in Des Moines or Adelaide, don't relate to corporations. And they don't relate to a guy who's so rich he can literally do ANYTHING he wants. They relate to someone like them, someone who has to bust their arse to get what they want.

And no, knee-jerkers, this has nothing to do with nationality. It's about a sport finding a way to appeal to the fans they're supposed to be entertaining. And it ain't there anymore.

Call me a nostalgist, heck, call me whatever you want. But drag racing is dying a death so painful to watch I can't stand it.

Doc

P.S. Obviously I'm talking about the Pro ranks here. Sportsman racing is not, and never has been, how or why stands get packed. This, from a thirty-year veteran of Sportsman racing.

Couldn't agree more.

If JFR does indeed have a dragster, and it's for Brittany, then that doesn't mean anything where Dixon is concerned. Unless your suggesting LD run a season or three setting up the team only to be ousted in favor of Force's daughter. After the current situation's demise, I don't see Dixon signing on for more of the same. One thing is for sure, it'll be interesting to see where Dixon winds up.

Well...there is employed as opposed to unemployed.

It's easier to find a job when you have one.

I say Dixon's out for 2012 and maybe longer if sponsor money doesn't pick up.
Larry Dixon's price is way high for someones pocket right now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back