Kudos to the NHRA (1 Viewer)

ZWeinstein

Nitro Member
I have to give the NHRA credit to allow today's tickets to be traded for Saturday or Sunday at full face value even though there was a "completed" session, had they not honored tickets it would have been a bad move and left a lot of fans with a sour taste in their mouths that they payed full price to watch one car make it past 200'. I also give the NHRA and Safety Safari credit for staying with it and attempting to get some racing in today. Even though it was essentially all for naught they busted their buts in the rain and cold to try and get the track in shape to race. Also good call to pull the plug on Pro Stock because it was getting really windy too and with the track the way it was it was a recipe for disaster.

The rest of the weekend should be better as the sun comes out tomorrow and should put some heat in the track as long as they get some rubber down.

Agreed, I was surprised to hear that announced. Certainly nice to see great weather forecast for the next two days.

If I recall from reading the rain-check policy at Pomona - where we had Sunday mostly rained out - it says rain checks would not be issued for a qualifying day if one full session of TF and FC were completed. So it sounds like they were following their normal policy for yesterday's rain-out. At any rate, let's hope we get in a good day of racing today.

Kudos to the top fuel racers who opted not to run. That kind of forced NHRA to do this.

A policy of returning MORE value than expected will warm the hearts of us cold cold keyboard crew chiefs. As I used to often say in my previous line of work, "just keep doing that."

Alan also said that you could use the Friday tickets for the 2020 race, Friday of that race only. I went Friday only, so let's see if that will really happen. Alan was really cool about announcing that the track was done for the day. He apologized to the fans and said he'd been on both sides of the fence in this situation. He was good about giving updates. I did see a lot of folks at the ticket window upgrading their tickets.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back