Kudos to ESPN2 (1 Viewer)

cantdrive55

Nitro Member
It's not a normal occurance for me to give credit to ESPN2, but the piece they did on the Greek during the Fall Nationals Qualifications show was awesome. I'd like to see more of these done showcasing legendary drivers to give new fans an education in who these brave soles are, while giving the old guard a chance to reminice and see their heros one more time.

Food for thought:
Don Garlits
Bill Jenkins
Jungle
Gary Beck
Dick LaHaie
Shirley Muldowney
Bob Glidden
Lee Shepherd
Frank Iaconio
Ed McCulloch
Mark Oswald
Joe Amato
Tom McEwen
Don Prudhomme
Terry Vance
John Myers
Dave Schultz
Jim Dunn
Tom Hoover
ect.

I agree 100%! Maybe even just a regular quick 5 minute segment on Race Day or the qualifying show with a "where are they now" theme and then an occasional feature like the Greek's. Either way, it is always awesome to hear the living legends tell it like it was. And as this board has demonstrated all too often in the past months, our living legends are leaving us at an alarming rate, and in many cases the history tragically goes right along with them.

On a related topic, did the "NHRA's Greatest Races" show get renewed for this year? It filled the nitro need for me during those cold boring winter months without any events.

Well, it's about time that ESPN/NHRA gave some air time to "The Greek" after all these years and his recent good performance. Hope my DVR caught this part of the Qualifying show from Dallas as I know the show started about 30 min. late and I might have missed the tail end of the broadcast. I didn't add some extra time.

Keith, Toby, XLNT ideas. Yes it's high time we gave respect to those that made the sport from the beginning. (while we still have them )

Add to list :
Connie Kalitta
Don Schumacher
Ohio George
Eddie Hill

Last edited:
Regarding the great piece on the Greek, did anyone record it? I watched but didn't record it. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it a ton. Thanks!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back