Kelly, you gonna love this.............. (1 Viewer)

force fan

Nitro Member
On my way into the track on Sunday I was behind Capps at the bag check and made a comment to him about them checking his bags too. I kept pace with him as we walked through the gates to the staging lanes where pedestrians cross to the pits. Ron was cutting across in the staging lanes to go to his pit when one of Alacuha's finest yells, "hey you get out of the stanging lanes" and directs him to go on the other side of the fence. So I said to the cop so you don't even cut the drivers any slack do you!!! He had the nerve to say, "thats not a driver he is just a crew guy". Then when I said to him thats Ron Capps the funny car points leader he really disrespected him and said well he must not be that popular I don't recognize him. I told him he obviously doesn't follow drag racing AT ALL because if he did he would know who Cappsie is. He just kinda pissed me off when he said that. I wanted to slap him!!!!! I told Ron about it later and his comment was, " yeah give um a badge"!!!! I said to him the cop was lucky Kelly wasn't there!!! He thought that was funny!!!! :D

A few years ago at the Houston race a similar thing happened to Ron. It was the first year of the Brut sponsorship, and he walked out of the lanes to go to Credentials or UPS or something. When he tried to come back into the lanes, IN HIS SHINY NEW BRUT FIRESUIT, the girl at the gate wouldn't let him in because he didn't have his hard card. She was arguing with him that she couldn't let him in without the hard card, and he pointed to the car and his firesuit and said, "but that's my car". She wouldn't budge, so I walked over and told her that he had credentials, and that I would take responsibiity with Lynwood (Dupuis) or the Angels if she got in any trouble!
So she let him in. Poor Ron couldn't believe it!

OMG! That's too funny y'all! And yes....they better be glad I wasn't at either of those incidents. They might have seen this Texas gal show them what Texas women are all about! LOL

LOL, it was funny when Lynn told me this story at the mater meeting. But seriously, how in the world could you not recognize Capps? :rolleyes:

Oh and BTW Kelly Ron told me to tell you hi. :D

I agree Mike!

Thanks Sam.

Y'all are awesome. I wish I had a nickel for every time a fellow mater told Ron "hi" for me at the track. I'd get to go to more races! ;)

......hey Kelly, the last time I saw Ron Capps I didn't tell him you said hi, but what I did tell him, was to quit socking my man Whit Bazemore, I don't think he was to happy to hear that because he just kept walking away :eek::D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back