joliet race (1 Viewer)

mick

Nitro Member
anyone know the criteria for the 8 spots in the PS 'shootout/call-out' race with no sponsor? how did these 8 drivers Q for this?
the mission 2fast/tasty deal does not apply to PS in joliet, i'm guessing cuz of this shootout race?
still spots available in STK / SS / SC / SST ..... surprising

Last edited:
I would assume "qualifying points" over either the last 12 months or the races thus far this season, that's how the fields are normally set for these kinds of races.

Also, anybody know who's bike Peggy's riding this week?

i'm sure it is based on Q, but every article you find on this special race, fails to describe points process.
you can see the standings on nhra.com, but no clue how points are earned to seed 8 cars for the chicago race.
sure hope the joliet venue can remain open for whatever events mite be held there, whether nhra nat. event or other.

i just don't understand how there can be spots still open in STK and SS......very odd for midwest race.
11 mmps too, and midwest racer john deflorian is not on the list, also very odd.
kyle w., will be pulling for you to Q for TF field.

i just don't understand how there can be spots still open in STK and SS......very odd for midwest race.
11 mmps too, and midwest racer john deflorian is not on the list, also very odd.
kyle w., will be pulling for you to Q for TF field.
DeFlorian posted on FB they've still got car trouble they need to get sorted out before they come back out. And MMPS has always been an 8 car field in NHRA, so 11 is probably more than they expected

reading about electrolit, the hydration beverage who is joining jim dunn racing via menards summer promotion
(as reported on nhra.com) ....... a little googling, this brand was introduced in mexico in 1950's and is a branch of
their largest pharmaceutical company grupo pisa ........ have to stop at menards tomorrow. think i'll try some.

They were at or above quota when I checked last week. Probably just had a few last-second dropouts and no one was at the ready to snag a spot.

reading about electrolit, the hydration beverage who is joining jim dunn racing via menards summer promotion
(as reported on nhra.com) ....... a little googling, this brand was introduced in mexico in 1950's and is a branch of
their largest pharmaceutical company grupo pisa ........ have to stop at menards tomorrow. think i'll try some.

If it's squenchers they have been on Dunn's car for a couple years now. They make a really good popsicle that we had at my last job and those were great when it's 115 outside.

a little rain late this morning in joliet. rest of weekend looks great. hope no one loses a 2nd Q pass.
was at local menards here wed. evening, no 'electrolit', must be a regional thing?

and i wonder why sportsman fields come up short....i'm starting to get it....3-day nat. event with possible rain on friday.
sure as $hit sportsmen get 1 pass and into elims., first rnd. losers tomorrow morning go home, after driving however many miles and paying entrance fee;
car goes down track twice and done. ....... just look at the run schedules for sat and sun, it's one pro or specialty class all day long, sportsmen taking back seat as usual.
divisionals are way better, and non-nhra races are even better, for quantity of runs down track, and payouts, over a given weekend.
i guess the prestige of the big wally still keeps em' coming, but for how long?
4 day nat. events that run class for the small wallys will still be well attended, and of course indy.

Watching Comp Elim.Bruno Massel really lettin' that thing loose - 6.877 @ 200.32. CC/AT, Toyota 2JZ 6 banger, twin turbo. That run was .76 under the index. And yeah, Sportsmen all got 1 Q session. Had a rain delay, so maybe that's why.

Watching Comp Elim.Bruno Massel really lettin' that thing loose - 6.877 @ 200.32. CC/AT, Toyota 2JZ 6 banger, twin turbo. That run was .76 under the index. And yeah, Sportsmen all got 1 Q session. Had a rain delay, so maybe that's why.
and the next 10 guys parked just over -0,60 under, including b. speer, who beat bruno in final @ BIR last august.
would love to watch comp elims there this weekend. great field ....... nobody wants to have index slapped.

and i wonder why sportsman fields come up short....i'm starting to get it....3-day nat. event with possible rain on friday.
sure as $hit sportsmen get 1 pass and into elims., first rnd. losers tomorrow morning go home, after driving however many miles and paying entrance fee;
car goes down track twice and done. ....... just look at the run schedules for sat and sun, it's one pro or specialty class all day long, sportsmen taking back seat as usual.
divisionals are way better, and non-nhra races are even better, for quantity of runs down track, and payouts, over a given weekend.
i guess the prestige of the big wally still keeps em' coming, but for how long?
4 day nat. events that run class for the small wallys will still be well attended, and of course indy.
Yeah there are plenty of bracket races that pay $50,000, $100,000, or whatever to win, but they cost close to, if not more than a thousand dollars to enter. A small handful of guys are gonna make a bunch of money, but the vast majority of the field is gonna end the weekend way in the red financially, and not everybody can afford that every weekend. As long as NHRA keeps their entry fee to a more manageable 200 bucks or so, they'll continue to have a healthy contingent of LODRS racers

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back