joliet race (1 Viewer)

Zizzo goes to the semis!
Wonder how that will work for the Mission Challenge deal in a couple weeks. Since I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume Zizzo probably isn't going to Epping. Does Hart just get a bye in the semis on Saturday? That would be pretty anticlimactic, but at the same time, don't know of any other fair ways to do it

Wonder how that will work for the Mission Challenge deal in a couple weeks. Since I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume Zizzo probably isn't going to Epping. Does Hart just get a bye in the semis on Saturday? That would be pretty anticlimactic, but at the same time, don't know of any other fair ways to do it
If a competitor did not attend, it goes to the best losing ET from the second round. Jacob McNeal gets the spot. If he doesn’t attend, Leah will get the spot.

........As long as NHRA keeps their entry fee to a more manageable 200 bucks or so, they'll continue to have a healthy contingent of LODRS racers
i agree ........ there's a lot of races sponsored by the regional STK/SS associations, that have local (usually race related) businesses sponsor
the race/purse, plus a percentage of the entry fees (inline with nhra fees), so the nhra class cars show up and weather permitting have one race on saturday, and one race on sunday,
both races paying out good purses. usually 1 or 2 Q passses, plus 4-6 rounds of racing. more racers = larger purse .... some are nhra national opens with grade point/s available.

what a great race yesterday......dallas, wilk, and clay all win. great day all the way around. great to see josh hart in another final too.

great performances by tj zizzo, kyle wurtzel, and jacob mcneal in TF ........ tough breaks for bobby bode, mike mcintire, and peanut in FC.
camie caruso with big win in call-out race.

Last edited:
Would love to see/hear Beckman as the voice of the NHRA. The guy's sportman and pro experience brings a lot to the table. Things are getting a little silly on the mic lately.
I will give Galvin credit, really solid job this weekend in the substitute role. Knows his stuff, no nonsense, doesn't talk to me like I'm a child who's never heard of drag racing. He's earned my vote for when (or if) Alan decides he's had enough.

Does anyone know if they were charging for parking and what the price was at Joliet? I had a couple of friends attended the NASCAR race at North Wilkesboro yesterday and one of them had to pay $70.00 for a parking spot a mile and a half from the track. The other one had bought a $200.00 parking pass so he could park at the track.:eek:

wonder what nhra's thought is of hosting a memorial weekend nat. event? (indy 500 and coca-cola 600 are always mem. weekend, why not drag racing?)
this joliet race was well attended with many classes, and the PS shoot-out deal, plus full fields. turn this one into a 4 or 5 day event with sportsmen class trophies
and monday pro elims? a 'major' if you will.

Does anyone know if they were charging for parking and what the price was at Joliet? I had a couple of friends attended the NASCAR race at North Wilkesboro yesterday and one of them had to pay $70.00 for a parking spot a mile and a half from the track. The other one had bought a $200.00 parking pass so he could park at the track.:eek:
There was free spectator parking on the north side of the track, but it was a pretty good hike. $40/day for a tailgating spot in the north lot and $45/day for VIP parking in the south lot (which sold out all 3 days).

wonder what nhra's thought is of hosting a memorial weekend nat. event? (indy 500 and coca-cola 600 are always mem. weekend, why not drag racing?)
this joliet race was well attended with many classes, and the PS shoot-out deal, plus full fields. turn this one into a 4 or 5 day event with sportsmen class trophies
and monday pro elims? a 'major' if you will.
I think Topeka was on Memorial Day weekend a few years back, I seem to remember watching the broadcast after all the stuff from Indianapolis and Charlotte. Assuming it probably didn't go as well as they hoped, hence why they don't still run that weekend. Ticket sales were probably down a bit just because of people doing other things on that weekend besides racing.

And I'm fine with that, there's certainly more than enough stuff on my schedule this weekend without a national event between the other big events and activities with family.

does anyone think that track prep could have been to a lesser amount at joliet, and possibly other races this year as well?
it was hot, but not sooper hot, and a lot of teams struggled with track. even clay in Q who last ditch made it in.
or is track prep the same as always?, and it's just changing temps and atmosphere that is causing havoc with tuners?

does anyone think that track prep could have been to a lesser amount at joliet, and possibly other races this year as well?
it was hot, but not sooper hot, and a lot of teams struggled with track. even clay in Q who last ditch made it in.
or is track prep the same as always?, and it's just changing temps and atmosphere that is causing havoc with tuners?
I think the track just has to come to the cars a little. Chicago and Pomona are both tracks where there isn't any action other than the national events so the tracks are pretty green to start with. Apparently Hight and a few others made it down Friday night. So many cars are tuned to run on the edge now days it doesn't take much to miss it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back