Joliet Friday (1 Viewer)

Just Paul

Nitro Member
Couple notes from Joliet.

It was very good to see Dale Creasy JR out with his car, and to see him up walking around. They made a very nice pass on tonight considering it's an all new car.

The track does not seem to be as good as I am used to seeing it here. It appears to be a bit tricky once you get past the 330. Even at night some cars had a hard time getting down the track.

After the usual "crew chief shuffle" (after the pro stock cars run) I found it interesting that after Brian Corradi and Mark Oswald came out and looked at the track, Brian went back, and then came all the way back out to the 660 but he had Antron along with him this time. It appeared he was giving him some directions on exactly where he wanted the car when it ran. Well, it worked.

An a/fuel car (forget the name) did a burnout and the driver could not get it in reverse. It was VERY OBVIOUS that the idle was up too high. Well the crewguy that was out there to back him up just stood there.... John Force was driving his scooter down the return road having just watched one of his a/fuel cars run, and saw what was going on. John stopped the scooter... looked at the car... looked at the crew guy standing behind the car a ways back not offering any help. John got off his scooter, leaped the fence and ran to the car and tried to rock it back and fourth by himself before the crew guy decided he might need to come help. Well, rocking the car didn't help the idle, and he had to drive it off the end, but I tell you what.... I doubt John even knew who was in the car, and to him it didn't matter. He saw a car in trouble and went to help a guy/girl out. To me that says a lot about John Force.

Here are a couple pics.

P6050150.jpg

P6050151.jpg

The last TF pass was sort of a let down. After Antron ran so good, I thought Dixon and The Shoe had a chance to get low ET, but came up short.
P6050152.jpg

Last edited:
track was definately giving the chiefs fits right about the transition but Tony Shoe's 3.84 in the first session yesterday was the run of the day in my opinion even though he only ended up 2nd....he 8 hundredths ahead of the field (thank God for that log book!!! :p)

....and Tony P's and Neff's runs to end funny car were absolutely gorgeous....side by side, header flames over the roof!!! NOTHIN LIKE IT!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back