John Kernan (1 Viewer)

farmje

Nitro Member
Did anyone notice that he wasn't on the telecast? I sure hope ESPN keeps him around. I think he's awesome.

Did anyone notice that he wasn't on the telecast? I sure hope ESPN keeps him around. I think he's awesome.
I read something a few weeks back saying he'd be at selected events but it didn't say how many or which ones. I wish they'd have him at all the events, he does a great job.

Notice that John says he'll be in Gainesville-he was top end reporter at the Pomona for the Sportsman show. i could be wrong, but my guess is that he'll attend the events where they are running TAD and TAFC.

I was told by one of my ESPN buddies that John would not be at another race until Indy, but maybe I misunderstood....

He came on during the Countdown last season and mainly focused on stories relating to the points and such. His presence would be a welcome sight on a full-time basis, though. Phoenix was painful to watch.

thanks for asking. i will be at gainesville and possibly chicago, since i'm living there now. then i'll be back for the final 8 races of the season. i have my fingers crossed that maybe next year they can hire me for the whole schedule.

but, i have found something to do in the meantime! i'm doing local sportscenter updates part-time for espn 1000 here in chicago.

take care and i'll see y'all in gainesville!
john

Thanks for checking in, John. Your contributions to the broadcasts are unmatched. Hopefully, Bristol will get a clue and include you in all 24 events next year. It will be a pleasure to see you at Gainesville in a couple of weeks or so.

Late...................Mitch

John,

I liked the job you did on the top end during the sportsman show. I hope you are doing that again at Gainesville-and look out for my comp car down there as well-Lee Zane is the driver.

Just adding to the show of respect that ANYBODY who has ever heard Mr Kernan do a motorsports show has for his talent. A real PRO!

I'm the guy at World Finals '07 that told you-"YOU NEED TO TAKE OVER THE SHOW"!

Any body else?

Maybe we can start a GRASS ROOTS campaign!

hey John.....being a fellow windy city native......whereabouts are you living??

we're renting a house over in hinsdale. very close to the train, so it's an easy ride into downtown for work.

i'm not sure if i'll work the sportsman show at gainesville. i filled in for gary at pomona because he wasn't feeling well. but, i would expect it to be like last year when i did the sportsman shows at the end of the year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back