John Force on Geiger Counter (1 Viewer)

John is for good reason the most well liked icon in the sport of drag racing - he is a sportsman above being the greatest. It would be tough for someone to outright not like the guy I suppose - they would have to have their reasons.

It was interesting to read what he said about capps , how capps had a good chance of winning the championship then force starting winning all the point's and feels bad for those that tried so hard to win . He will feel even worse next year if someone wins heaps of race's and gets heaps of point and then force kicks but at the end with this new point system . That will make him feel really bad.

I wonder what the guys who have little or no love for John think about situations like this when he's disappointed and heartsick for Capps for exiting early when he's worked so hard.
I just can't understand why you wouldn't love this guy. He praises each and every one of his competitors every time he opens his mouth. He's the perfect rags-to-riches story. He's a great follow-your-dream story. He's even learning how to take back his family responsibilities believing it's not too late.
What's not to like about this guy?
I even believe he's headed for a 14th Championship?

(Sigh)...looking forward to Capps comments after first round at Pomona. Soooooo cloose!!

I wonder what the guys who have little or no love for John think about situations like this when he's disappointed and heartsick for Capps for exiting early when he's worked so hard.
I just can't understand why you wouldn't love this guy. He praises each and every one of his competitors every time he opens his mouth. He's the perfect rags-to-riches story. He's a great follow-your-dream story. He's even learning how to take back his family responsibilities believing it's not too late.
What's not to like about this guy?
I even believe he's headed for a 14th Championship?

Very well put Bobby. Ofcourse your competition is never going to like you when you kick there ass for as long as he has. I'm not saying he's perfect or never done anything to anybody or nothing like that, but we all have. And if anyone thinks NHRA would be anywhere near where it is today without him, there crazy.

Force may be rough around the edges, less educated or even less intelligent than many but he's smart enough to understand the value of good competition and competitors when viewing the long term growth that every sport needs. I think he's grown to sincerely love his opponents as valued associates. Many of us could learn from this kind of attitude. I know I'm learning.

John is for good reason the most well liked icon in the sport of drag racing - he is a sportsman above being the greatest. It would be tough for someone to outright not like the guy I suppose - they would have to have their reasons.
Petty, moronic jealousy would likely be at the top of the list..............

In a strange kinda way, I know what Force is saying.
I used to kickbox/brazilian jiu-jitsu pretty seriously many moons ago. I've knocked guys out and sometimes didn't feel 100% happy about it you know?
But that was the learning process. When I was coming up, I got knocked out a few times too. Always get back up!
BTW, a TON of people outright don't like me:D . On the top of their list of reasons why? Petty moronic jealousy. :eek:

Anyways, it's just racing.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back