Fuller on the Geiger Counter (1 Viewer)

Glad to see this. I didn't comment on the other thread, waiting to hear his side of it. As much as I love a good rumor story, if it has anything ugly in it, I've found it best to wait for the dust to settle. It has helped me avoid having to much egg on my face.:D Thanks for the link.

I also refrained from making a comment in the other thread. I am glad Hot Rod clarified the article.

They apparently took the other thread down. Not sure really why, it wasnt bad or anything, and actually it had turned into Will Hanna and myself debating who's more vital, a crew chief or a driver. Oh well. I am glad HRF got Rob to write that, hopefully it will cool some down but I doubt it.

there is an old saying that goes " you never get a second chance to make a first impression". ...

I'm glad to see Rod do what he could to clear the air. I'm sure there's still some friction, but hopefully it's cooling down a little.

Holding back??? If it were Whit who said what shorty said, this thread would be full of Whit bashers... Maybe he should apologize on camera like some wanted Whit to do after St.Louis... Going through Rob is a copout if you ask me... I want a written apology sent to every alcohol racer past and presant... lol I understood that he could not make any money racing in the alcohol class... Nobody does!! But to say what he did about alky drivers is plain ignorent... Got it? Let the bashing begin... Here to stir the pot... Dmn site has turned into readers digest... ;):eek: ;) :D

Sorry Tim, Just got in here finally last night and must not have recieved my invitation... And I meant bashing me...;)
Take care man...:D

I'm glad Rod had a chance to explain his side. And if what he says is true..that the original was put together from 3 seperate interviews with 2 different writers..maybe they're to blame. I'm willing to give Hot Rod the benefit of the doubt..

Setting the record straight...

There was ONE writer only and I have no idea where Geiger got that. Maybe there was more than one conversation with Amy Johnson to confirm facts...but the quotes were printed exactly as they were said. Never once did we imply he bashed the alcohol ranks. We merely quoted his words.

He said what we posted and that's that.

It was not intended to be a negative story, but in all things in this world there are some that will take offense to things at one time or another.

I just wanted to confirm the facts from our tape recorded interview.

Thanks, Bobby.

So now the mysterious writers are to blame? :rolleyes:

Something to make you go...Hmmm.:cool:

Stick a fork in me. I'm done.;)

Bobby
Thanks for setting the record straight... No you did not imply anything..
Rods words spoke for themselves, and HE did take a shot at the ALKY drivers... So he should expect to be shot back at... Now he's just blowing smoke out his zoomies... Back pedaling faster then he does in that Lee Beard tuned ride...

There was ONE writer only and I have no idea where Geiger got that. Maybe there was more than one conversation with Amy Johnson to confirm facts...but the quotes were printed exactly as they were said. Never once did we imply he bashed the alcohol ranks. We merely quoted his words.

He said what we posted and that's that.

It was not intended to be a negative story, but in all things in this world there are some that will take offense to things at one time or another.

I just wanted to confirm the facts from our tape recorded interview.

What a joke...Bobby, an interview includes the writer asking questions..where are the questions?? The Article was a bunch of quotes loosely strung together with no rhyme or reason. He said what we posted and that's that! WOW. When you refuse to take resposiblity for you product, your credibility begins to crumble pretty fast!

Rod says 2 reports and 3 interviews. Bobby says 1 reporter and multiple interviews. Somebody isn't being truthful. I'd hate to be on the short end of that stick when the truth comes out.

What a joke...Bobby, an interview includes the writer asking questions..where are the questions?? The Article was a bunch of quotes loosely strung together with no rhyme or reason. He said what we posted and that's that! WOW. When you refuse to take resposiblity for you product, your credibility begins to crumble pretty fast!

Billy, are you saying that Bobby's not taking responsiblity for the "Fuller article?"

Damage Control

This isn't the first time a driver said something he shouldn't have said and then tries to do damage control. Rod says he didn't say this and didn't mean that. Bobby says they printed what was recorded. The only way we will know what was really said is to listen to the tapes, which I don't really care to do because it doesn't make any difference now. You can't take away what was said, whether it was meant that way or not. From past experience I think I will lean towards Bobby's side on this one.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back