Jirka Kaplan AA/AM (1 Viewer)

He was a killer back in the Pro Comp days. I think he has a son who also raced a AA/A in Comp a few years ago, on gas I believe before they created AA/AM. Could be wrong though.

I take my original post back, THAT is the run of the year...!

Thanks for the Update's Alan!

According to a post in another forum, if he runs as fast as he plans next weekend you will be saying that again. Think first sub 6 second comp car.

Last edited:
I'm not sure he has Les in his corner still, he did not for a while but he well may again. (He does come from the school of Les which is "run it on the ragged edge). I know he made a number of changes and his is a small BAE combo with a the best roots blowerout there. He only comes out when he has his combo running strong, and he spends alot of time on the dyno. He has always run his car to go fast, to hell with the index. He does not care. It is about making a statement. The AA/GS also destroyed all comers at the Hot Rod Reunion. 2/10ths faster there.
Dean
SPEEDZONE MAGAZINE ONLINE

According to a post in another forum, if he runs as fast as he plans next weekend you will be saying that again. Think first sub 6 second comp car.

Damn Frederick....Ur right!!! if the air is right in Pomona, Especially on Friday's late Comp session.... That just might happen!!!

Just absolutly SICK performance. :eek:

1. The 2009 rules allow permanent CIC's at altitude tracks.

2. Kaplan's Tech. Card:

Crew Chief - Les Davenport
Engine - 371 c.i.

Good ol' Canadian horsepower. :D

Nice to see Roger Bateman of Calgary at the top of the Alcohol Funny Car field, too.

Yesterday afternoon that altered was at the ready line when the rain came. You bet I will be there today! The fields were tight and there was great racing! Bob

Hey Wes, didn't I read somewhere where you are building an altered with a turbo? Is it for Comp? Any photos yet?

I am building such a beast. Although it won't fit into any Comp class...at least not one that I am aware of. 532" big block Ford, single monster-sized turbo, injected on alky, killer 'Glide, etc. Legal for Top Dragster, super-quick brackets, and hopefully fast enough for some heads-up series. Engine is 80% done (lacking turbo fabrication and a few hard parts). Chassis is getting updated to 10.1E...but I have been seriously considering a Pro-Mod style 4-link...which is why I am curious about Jirka's set-up.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back