Jirka Kaplan AA/AM (1 Viewer)

shawn fleischmann

Nitro Member
Frem DRC:
"Left Lane: Jirka Kaplan Runs 6.127/223.65/-1.003, Now #1 AA/AM Index: 7.13
Right Lane: Charles Watson Jr. Runs 8.857/152.19/-0.583, Now #11 F/SM Index: 9.44

Sounds like Kaplan didn't have a rev limiter for the burnout! He had problems on both of his test and tune runs yesterday.
Well, no problems this time! Out side of getting out of the grove near mid-track, a great looking pass. That may be a fastest MPH ever for Comp.! [Where's's Louise when you need him?]."

:eek: If the DRC numbers are correct, that is the run of the year in all NHRA categories, pro and sportsman.

Last edited:
That may be a fastest MPH ever for Comp.! [Where's's Louise when you need him?].

I realize that you are cut/pasting from somewhere else, but:

Competition Eliminator Quarter-Mile Record Holders

AA/PM 6.23 230.72 08/22/08 Jay Payne - Claremont, CA

Still a stout run. I believe that is the fastest comp ET ever. Pretty sure that Payne held that record too. Keep in mind that it is at altitude too and .3 faster than Crimmins record.

Is AA/PM the same rules/configuration as Pro Mod? I certainly don't mean this as a detraction from what was obviously an awesome run by Kaplan, but if the rules are the same and Hernandez brought his 5.90 car to comp to play one day, man, that would be ridiculous.

Fred, you said this pass was at altitude. So how much stronger is this run closer to sea level? And if it would be competitive in Pro Mod, why is Jirka running in Comp?

I know, I know............too many dumb questions. Just humor me. :D

Sean D

The pro mod cars run in AA/PM and the rules are a little different than the standard pro mod rules, but I am not sure how (weight?). From another forum it said that using the correction factor they use for comp (which is questionable) it would have been a 6.01 at 227.

AA/AM is more of a small block Top Alcohol Funny Car (at least the ones I have seen are).

The index for AA/AM is .22 slower than AA/PM.

Last edited:
Not a Vette', but an "Old School" 23 T Ford Altered Roadster! A real barn door. :eek:

Wow, that's rockin'! I wonder what happened to his new Vette?

edit - Nice pass for Mark Wolfe in the Silent Thunder T-Bird, as well. I believe that's a new best for him.

Last edited:
Awesome Pass! Reminds me of the Bogg's bros. Altered that ran in Alky Dragster back in the early 90's!

The Corvette he has is for AA/GS only This car also annihilated the Comp records in the early 2000's in both AA/AM and BB/AM. He went 1.1 under in BB/AM at Mission's div race about 6 years ago. (sea level track)
Dean
SPEEDZONE MAGAZINE ONLINE

Do they altitude factor at that track? Either way, that run is unreal. That is not a light class either, meaning I doubt the engine is very big. I know he used to switch between AA & BB but he really has stepped up a bunch.

THAT WAS THE RUN OF THE YEAR!!! PERIOD!!! Amazing when that car hooks up, what type of performance that it puts out!

Great job Jirka and crew!

Didn't NHRA say that Comp cannot establish class records at Altitude tracks anymore? I remember in the Spring some were saying how small the Comp fields at Vegas were which is why I thought that was the case!

OMG, what did this guy find? Very seldom anyone blasts all previous bests, in any class, by 3-4 tenths. I can't believe that class was THAT soft. Alan, any idea what combo he's running? I think even in AA he used to run a motor well under 400 cubes.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back