Jim Dunn honored by Moon Eyes (1 Viewer)

Butch

Nitro Member

Attachments

• quickie-hero.jpg
    quickie-hero.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 173
really great. really great graphics too. nice job 360 wraps. love the moon'eyes' in the maltese cross.

Last edited:
That's not even close to a Maltase Cross
It actually kinda is according to my internet research. I thought the same as you, that a maltese cross is what the Red Baron had on his plane as well as '90's Harley guys slapped on everything in sight. But apparently, I was wrong, its a different version but still technically a maltese cross. I read it on the internet so I know it's true, lol

That's not even close to a Maltase Cross

Sorry @Darrell Foley but that symbol that firefighters wear surely IS a Maltese Cross and has been since the first firefighter existed. It's wrongly called a St Florians Cross by many. It has and always will be considered a Maltese Cross that firefighters wear. How'd it get there? It was worn by the Knights of Malta who became firefighters during the Crusades.

It helps to know the history & FACTS before you try and call something or someone out as wrong. You can look up the history of the Maltese Cross and it's association with firefighters all over the internet. You might want to take a look. The history of the Maltese Cross and the history of the firefighter are intertwined as 1. There is no separating the 2. They are mutually inclusive. If you have one, you have to have the other.

"From the days of the first crusade, the cross has been the symbol of the Christian warrior who pledged not only to fight in defense of the Holy Land, but also to protect the lives of his compatriots. The Maltese Cross now worn by modern firefighters is actually an adaptation of a particular crusader insignia, the cross of the Knights of St. John of Jerusalem.

The Knights, one of the oldest orders of warrior monks that fought for Christendom, took vows of poverty, chastity and obedience. Also known as Hospitallers, the monks maintained a hospital for pilgrims in Jerusalem. Then that city became the centre of the crusade-embattled lands, the brothers militarized their order, but continued to protect pilgrims and extend their charity to the sick and poor.

Because of the extensive armor that covered their bodies and faces, the Knights were unable to distinguish friend from foe in battle, so the need for an identifiable emblem for the Knights became crucial. Since they fought their battles for a holy cause, they chose the Cross of Calvary, a white or silver cross on a dark background. After the fall of Jerusalem in 1187, the Knights of St. John moved to the island of Malta.

During the crusades, many Knights became firefighters out of necessity. Their enemies had resorted to throwing bombs and sailing war vessels containing naphtha.

Hundreds of Knights were burned alive. Others risked their lives to save their brothers in arms from dying painful fiery deaths. Thus these men became our first firefighters and the first of a long list of courageous firefighters. Their heroic efforts were recognized by fellow Crusaders who awarded each hero a Badge of Honor ; a cross similar to the one firefighters wear today.

The Maltese Cross is your symbol of protection. It means that the firefighter who wears this cross is willing to lay down his/her life for you, just as Crusaders sacrificed their lives for their fellow man so may years ago.

The Maltese Cross is a Firefighter's badge of honor, signifying that he/she works in courage... a ladder-run away from death."

Last edited:
wonder if alex will be back next year with his lineup of sponsors? as well as those the dunn's work with. impressive operation.
was their last win at seattle with tony b. driving? think they were running candidae sponsor then?

I really thought they'd do well with Alex. He brought the sponsorship & he is a talented driver. But he discovered driving F/C was harder than he thought plus it was usually Q and lose Rd 1. Would love to see that team win some races, not to mention finish in the top 10.

I really thought they'd do well with Alex. He brought the sponsorship & he is a talented driver. But he discovered driving F/C was harder than he thought plus it was usually Q and lose Rd 1. Would love to see that team win some races, not to mention finish in the top 10.

They finished in the top 10 this year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back