Jim Dunn Racing (1 Viewer)

"O'Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Winternationals presented by Super Start Batteries at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona, Feb. 9-12."

Presented by who?????

Best of luck to Todd. I worked for him between driving for Gaynor and the Bomb Squad. I hung out with him at Pomona a week after my open Heart surgery over at Pleugers and got caught up.

"O'Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Winternationals presented by Super Start Batteries at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona, Feb. 9-12."

Presented by who?????

Super Start is an O'Reilly house brand for batteries. Sort of like Sear and Die Hard, or Sears and Craftsman.

Makes perfect sense. They want to raise awareness for the brand. It's why they're paying the money.

A pretty basic color scheme but when it's put together this well it looks awesome! I've always been a Big Jim fan.

Joe

Best of luck to Todd. I worked for him between driving for Gaynor and the Bomb Squad. I hung out with him at Pomona a week after my open Heart surgery over at Pleugers and got caught up.
He was fun to work with Mike. I was part of the crew that Del and Chuck put together to get him licensed in Vegas. We all had a great time.

Last edited:
He was fun to work with Mike. I was part of the crew that Del and Chuck put together to get him licensed in Vegas. We all had a great time.

We camped out in Boise and he taught us how to make Bannana boats. Kinda like a Smore but with a Bannana and sat around a camp fire BSing all night about life.

Yes, Garth Widdison just completed a Nostliga Fuel Funny Car. But has no plans to run it, or drive it as of now.

Good lookin' car! I am gonna have to check out Tap It ... I have been known to enjoy a beer from time to time.

Me too :) ...I enjoy a good brew and Tap-It is a new one to me. Will have to hunt it down locally. I'm always amazed at how Jim Dunn keeps finding new sponsors to stay in the game all these years. He wouldn't be doing it if he wasn't having any fun anymore, I'm sure.

Looking forward to a few more of the "Taking out the big $$$" smiles on Big Jim's face in 2012... :D

As a big fan of microbrews, I'm glad that Jim has found one willing to support his racing efforts. I'm sort of surprised this hasn't happened earlier, possibly with some sort of collective of microbreweries. Kudos to Jim and Tap It and I wish them the best of luck in the 2012 campaign.

probably cause he doesn't throw out $2 Mil. plus like everybody else does! having said that....it's my guess it isn't a Huge figure...

It's not a huge figure but it's enough for Big Jim to run the car like he always has. He's one of the best at stretching his budget as far as he can.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back