"It's just a fuel altered. They do that." Fuel Altered Photo Album (1 Viewer)

Thank you Bob. Walt's Puffer II. Now I remember, he won Middle Elim, I think, at Indy. Had 2 cars, the altered & a roadster & they both reached the final, so he singled in the Altered. Both had blown Chryslers on gas. I had the model of the altered. I really liked the altered cuz it had a chopped top & front fender wells were covered; gave it a special look. Seem to remember there were 2 cars in the kit, maybe the other was a dragster. Try & find that kit today, the original, & ya better have a fat wallet. Heh

Not too bad.... buy 2!

Merry Christmas to Cliff from Cliff.... heh heh Wife to Cliff: What's that smell? Glue. Glue? What kind of glue? Well, I'm building a model car, like I did (60) years ago. Not in this house you're not. Go in the garage with that thing! Aw, man..... :)

groundshakerjr2.png
altercation.png
reschlein.png
wildwillie.png
geisler.png
rattraplg.png
nanook.png
arizonawildcat.png

Wow, AZ Wildcat (cuz he was from Tucson, & Wildcat is name of teams for University of AZ) AA/Fuel Altered. Never saw this car, altho I did see the funny car. Just FYI, 3 major universities in AZ. NAU Northern AZ University in Flagstaff & ASU AZ State U in Tempe (Phoenix area). Used to be hugh rivalry between Phx & Tucson; not so much anymore.

I remember almost all of these cars. The Bad News Fiat is Fox & Holding (later the Frantic 4). Never knew they ran an altered. Wow.... I saw them race the Greek for the #1 spot on fuel in 1963 & they won. That was at Pomona, when it still ran weekly.

Hey Sean, that's your dad in the Easy Rider. Give him a hard time about taking out the tree..... :)

From Connecticut Dragway...

Attachments

• Cheever Ferreira 1 crop  Al Cheever.jpg
    Cheever Ferreira 1 crop Al Cheever.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Cheever Ferreira 2crop.jpg
    Cheever Ferreira 2crop.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 88
  • RetouchRestore_Rick Picard B&W 1_E sm.jpg
    RetouchRestore_Rick Picard B&W 1_E sm.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 86
I don't know if I can take much more of this. Last nite I dreamed I was driving a Fuel Altered & it went straight.......

I don't know if I can take much more of this. Last nite I dreamed I was driving a Fuel Altered & it went straight.......
There, there...that's how you know it was only a dream!

then again......if the Winged Express can go straight once in a while, maybe it wasn't imagined

Bet you're right. Sometimes ya just stumble onto videos that feature old footage of whatever track. So cool to see that stuff - history playing out before your eyes.

I hope they keep running the Wing. I know this one is a replica, but it handles just like the original.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back