"It's just a fuel altered. They do that." Fuel Altered Photo Album (2 Viewers)

The Isetta! Just extend the frame a smidge so you can fit in there and...... :)

well it has been re-powered....here's when my friend owned it

WHEELIE.jpg

it doesn't have the fur on it anymore....after he died I got the car and I'm no artist. If I were to restore it it would have to look like his last incarnation , the most famous version

FUTURE.jpg
FUTURE.jpg

To quote Charlie Brown, "Good Grief!" An Isetta doing a wheelie..... Well maybe you could put a motorcycle engine in it, like some have done with Smart cars and just kinda make it look like the wheelie photo. That 2nd photo make me think of Back To The Future. Do you know why he built it as the Hoop car? Must be an interesting story behind that one.

Bob, I've been studying the Isetta, I think the way to go is to put in the 392 motor sideways in the back, maybe a chain drive or like that, and go on tour. Worlds quickest & fastest Isetta......... :)

Last edited:
FUEL ALTEREDS FOREVER!!!!
This class goes back to the beginning & still exists. I recognize almost all of these photos. The last photo above shows a car with B/FR. B/Fuel Roadster. Had to have a small Chrysler to run "B", like a 354.

FUEL ALTEREDS FOREVER!!!!
This class goes back to the beginning & still exists. I recognize almost all of these photos. The last photo above shows a car with B/FR. B/Fuel Roadster. Had to have a small Chrysler to run "B", like a 354.
Didja notice the lettering on the door? A tribute perhaps to Stone Woods and Cook?

NitroGeezersStoneIngbergFerraro BFR.jpg

Hmmm, don't know about Stone & Ingberg but I do know about Tom Ferraro. Famous AA/FA driver. Didja notice the headers?

Anyone have a photo of the Yellow Submarine? I saw that car at OCIR.

Had never seen the photo of Jim Dunn & the rear end ripped off the car. Arghh DO remember the Magic Muffler car. Driver looking down & thinking what just happened? Those are famous photos. Man it's amazing all the carnage that happened back in the Daze. Cast iron engine, cast iron heads, 96% and bam! Engines coming out of cars, blowers exploding, rods coming outta the block, you name it.

There used to be a Bug that ran at Firebird now Wild Horse, called the Bug Lite. Had lites on the bottom of the car & was a crowd fav. Was pretty quick too. I have gone to a number of the Bugoramas at Wild Horse. The cars are amazing.

Bob nice pictures! What is your source for these fantastic photos.
I recognize 90% of these from my magazine & photo collection.
You must have a nice magazine and photo collection. Cool
believe it or not, other than Don Montgomery's great books, most of these are from internet searches...at work they usually have me do the searches for the antique car stuff because I find such obscure stuff.

Try this search to see what I mean ... I typed "Dennis Geisler drag racing images"

No google. I use DuckDuckGo & Dogpile (among others) that do not track you. Also getting tired of You Tube cuz of excessive commercials. I like to watch videos. A 7 minute video was interrupted 4 times w/ commercials. During the elections, I almost quit watching. Now they are starting up again w/ Christmas commercials. OK, I have a large collection of DVD's, so bye U Tube. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Couple of things here, with few exceptions, I counted only 5 cars in those photos of Supercharged Fuel Altereds that I did not see. Loved that clean shot of Gabby Bleaker.

On "off" Saturday nights at Lions when there was not a big fuel show, the Open Gas Supercharged 8-car shows featuring a couple of cars in the photos previous like the Bilby-Densham-Plueger and Gary Burgin's ride put on dang good shows.

Then I was startled and got sentimental about my late father. It hit me in a particular picture.

It was the shot from Famoso, it had the scary Stone-Ingberg-Ferraro vs. Pure Hell. In the picture, look at the top right, top row, 4th person from the right you will see my father in his signature goofy hat, slightly to his right in front of him wearing white is me! I used to cringe when my dad wore that hat, now I wish I could see him wear it. In later years we would sit on the pit side. Kinda tore me up. I called Mrs. TopFuel@Lions over to see this picture, she got teary as she knows how much this meant to me, my time with Dad.

[email protected] AA/FA class eliminations at the Winternationals...it was a glorious time indeed!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back