it was fun, thank you (1 Viewer)

G'ginna

Nitro Member
I found Nitromater by accident while looking up an old friend. I am not going to and have not mentioned names. Because the last thing I wanted to do was make that person uncomfortable visiting something that is so valued I am not going to visit again for a while and possibly at all. As much as I love racing, I will go back to getting my news they way I have for years. I want to thank you all for being wonderfully friendly, funny, observant, intelligent and just generally great people. None of you has said or done anything that would make me feel unwelcome or unwanted as part of this group.

Which brings me to old stuff. I am guilty of being a bad friend. It doesn't matter that it was years ago and that I was much younger and very naive. I was careless and/or thoughtless. There is more I could say on that but won't. I could make excuses for myself, but the fact of the matter is that for a long time, I just didn't see a way for me to forgive myself for being a bad friend.

I think that came with all the other baggage that I was carrying around. Some of it was inflicted by another (or a few others) and some of it self-inflicted because I thought others might be right. Over time I learned that I am not a bad person and that I actually am pretty intelligent when necessary and that I don't need someone else's "permission" to live my life as I see fit.

I could say that my friend just forgot me, after all, it was 20 years ago, but I knew this person (that I will not name) for 9 years and I know this person doesn't forget much. This person has a right to whatever beliefs or feelings existing. I want this person to understand that I am not out to cause embarrassment or force any acknowledgment or reconciliation of that friendship that I once valued enough to defy my parents more than once. I do however apologize for being a bad friend and I will leave it at that.

Those of you reading this may wonder what the heck brought this on. I guess you could say that I have learned that not everything in this world is my fault and that I have come to accept responsibility for those things that are as well as the responsibility I have in shutting out those that once cared when my world started going backwards the first time and again since. I have also learned that time does not run backwards and sometimes distance becomes so great that there can be no bridge. Value the time you have and step into each day as a new adventure. I wish you all peace & happiness. –hippy chic g’

Well, I wish you all the best.....whatever it is you have gone/are going through!

Adios, Georginna.... Thanks for the stories and your input, and do poke your head back in if you plan to make a race- I'm sure some folks here would like to put a face with the name...:)

Hope you found what you were looking for

Georginna, it seems just from reading your post that you carry around an TREMENDOUS amount of self inflicted guilt for what has happened in the past. Dont beat yourself up over something that happened some time ago. Try sending this person you mentioned a PM (if you havent already) and I'm sure the both of you can move forward and "forgive and forget" what has happened so long ago! If you dont try to reach out you will ALWAYS wonder what could have been if you didnt.
The title to your post says "it was fun"...lets keep the fun going and stay here with us all!!! We all carry around some kind of baggage of some sort, so dont let yours control you so badly and just enjoy our company...you are already a part group...stay a while!!!

Yeah what they said.
I don't inhabit here as much as when we had much spirited debate about politics but I am more dedicated to Drag Racing so here I still am.

We may argue all day long about politics and many shun that even though a healthy motor sports is directly tied to the current political climate local or national but at the end of the day I respect Jarrod's edit to not ferment negativity on this site.
Georginna you added your opinions and for that we are richer !
Hope you found the friend and if you see a Red Vette racing across West Texas towards the mountains of New Mexico give me a wave.

Kelly - going through? Life, daily and having as much fun as I possibly can every day!:D

Martin - POKE! ;)

Tim - Honest to God, no guilt! and not going to PM either. If a certain person that used to drive a gold pick-up with a white top, a white van or a tan econo box doesn't want to talk, I am not going to force the issue. :)

Larry - RED?!? I think I saw you on I-20 not to awful long ago... I plan on getting home as often as possible. A friend and I have decided we miss home way to much to stay in exile forever. The other day at work we were talking about how we miss the sights, smells and feeling of the holidays back home.

I may not be in often, but, I may put a few cents in now and then. Things are getting ready to hit the crazy meter at work so the next time I get to come up for real air might be in the spring...

Work is the same here , yesterday would have been fine!
The problem with living in a welefare state is no one wants to work so workers have to be imported. LOL

Glad you are well and guess till J Rod pulls the plug most of us will still hang.

Work is the same here , yesterday would have been fine!
The problem with living in a welefare state is no one wants to work so workers have to be imported. LOL

Glad you are well and guess till J Rod pulls the plug most of us will still hang.

I am lucky, I have a small group of people that take pride in doing something well. But... there is a frequent flow of 1-2 people that rotate in/out who don't care, and when they find out that they are expected to not only show up for work but to improve to perform to the same standards as the rest, they move on.

I am well... but shirking today, instead of catching up on my paperwork...:eek: Oh well, deadlines still a few days away.:rolleyes::D

G, there's some amazing people who post here. I say that, but I don't think I've ever actually met even one of the "Regulars" here, in person. (Although I honestly look forward to doing so someday). Sometimes we fight, sometimes we disagree, sometimes we dis each other.... but none of us here will deny that we're all here for one ultimate reason.... the urge to freely and openly talk about and support our passion for drag racing. I highly encourage you to come back often, use the Private Message feature, and get to know some of us. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at this crowd....

Hi Chris, that was one of the things that interested me when I found the site. Not only the racing, but the free exchange of thought and the fact that most people here are willing to accept other viewpoints. Even if they don't agree... I tend to go through phases, some days outgoing, other days a little on the shy side... most always opinionated with a fairly dry (ok, really dry at times) sense of humor.

I have actually exchanged messages with a couple very nice people and thank you for welcoming me back. :D

BTW, at one point in my life, I lived in Colorado and loved it there and still love visiting friends & relatives there.

If I meet, or don't meet the people I have exchanged thoughts, comments or messages with, life will be fine. I still consider myself all the richer for having had the opportunity to talk with them.:)

Thanks to my occupation, I've had the opportunity to meet several of the members here for anything from a meal to an overnight (or two!) stay. That's been an honor and joy that I'll always feel lucky to have been able to experience.

This internet business is a great thing. Growing up, being passionate about drag racing seemed to make me a loner. Now lots of us with common interests can socialize where we otherwise never would have met.

If any of you ever do any vacationing in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area, PM me. We'll tell you the places we like to go and stay as out of or in your way as you want us!

Happy New Year!

Hi Chris, that was one of the things that interested me when I found the site. Not only the racing, but the free exchange of thought and the fact that most people here are willing to accept other viewpoints. Even if they don't agree... I tend to go through phases, some days outgoing, other days a little on the shy side... most always opinionated with a fairly dry (ok, really dry at times) sense of humor.

I have actually exchanged messages with a couple very nice people and thank you for welcoming me back. :D

BTW, at one point in my life, I lived in Colorado and loved it there and still love visiting friends & relatives there.

If I meet, or don't meet the people I have exchanged thoughts, comments or messages with, life will be fine. I still consider myself all the richer for having had the opportunity to talk with them.:)
Thanks for coming back, Georginna.

Personally, I really don't put to much prevalence on any one place to say I won't be back..here or there.

This is a safe place that you can anchor..and find friends. Share the passion..or disagree with whatever.

There shouldn't ever be a place where you have to explain why you won't be here..or why you come back. It's all good.

I wish you happiness..

and Happy New Year to everyone.

Thanks for coming back, Georginna.

Personally, I really don't put to much prevalence on any one place to say I won't be back..here or there.

This is a safe place that you can anchor..and find friends. Share the passion..or disagree with whatever.

There shouldn't ever be a place where you have to explain why you won't be here..or why you come back. It's all good.

I wish you happiness..

and Happy New Year to everyone.

I came close to that myself recently due to a biased board owner who would publicly warn one person for what appeared to be insulting/attacking of others (when it was mostly misunderstandings due to the person's over the top sense of humor. I know him personally).

The same owner would stand by and say NOTHING while his apparent friends (cuz those are the kinds of "friends" you want, the kind who'll come on your board and disrespect you by breaking the rules you have for everyone else) would say things that were many times worse (no WAY it could be humor mistakingly taken) directly to myself and others. The same owner who would call on my friend IGNORED my direct question to him "Are members here allowed to insult other members, or not?" It definitely had me looking into starting my own board, which could still happen.

The nice thing is that we're working on something that could have us having the last laugh!

Hi David, It's a good thing I didn't say "never!" :D I agree, this is a more friendly site and I really don't have to worry things. All the same, if I get out of hand, I expect to be called to the rug.

Hey Ron, I am sorry to hear that. It gripes me when stuff like that happens, and it happens everywhere. I think it's a pack mentality thing to create situations where infighting happens. It doesn't make it right, and often makes it more difficult for many others, but it does happen.

I hope you all have a most wonderful 2008 and an especially great day. g'

Hi David, It's a good thing I didn't say "never!" :D I agree, this is a more friendly site and I really don't have to worry things. All the same, if I get out of hand, I expect to be called to the rug.

Hey Ron, I am sorry to hear that. It gripes me when stuff like that happens, and it happens everywhere. I think it's a pack mentality thing to create situations where infighting happens. It doesn't make it right, and often makes it more difficult for many others, but it does happen.

I hope you all have a most wonderful 2008 and an especially great day. g'

Well, the fun thing is that the people who have insulted myself and others have no idea of some things I/we're working on. I'm actually in a position in which I hope they insult us even more, because it's just going to make them look that much worse in the end! An insult's only going to work if I'M insecure, right?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back