Thank You Jimmy Walsh (1 Viewer)

Pop

Nitro Member
Dear Jim,

I just wanted to publically thank you for giving us the opportunity of sharing the very emotional experience of being in the stands in Charlotte to see Dan and his crew hand Cruz the "hottest car on the property" when the whole team won the Funny Car Finals. A real team effort!

I'm am a firm believer that nobody gets anywhere in life without a helping hand from somebody. And I wonderd at the time if Dan would have even gotten the chance to be standing at the starting line that day, if you had not become his friend, and you were not willing to share your vast experience in racing with the "new kid" when he first started with Amato Racing.

Needless to say, we are disappointed to hear about Geico, but we look forward to seeing you at Maple Grove, and hopefully seeing you back on ESPN2 again real soon.

I know Dan holds you in the highest regard, and I wanted to tell you that his mother and I do as well.

Sincerely yours,
Bob and Marion De Gennaro

Excellent first post Bob, Jimmy Walsh is one of the good guys out there, I'm sure that he'll be tuning for someone else real soon.

Great post, Jimmy has been a great friend of my family for 25 plus years, he is a real class act. Because of Jimmy we now know Danny as well, and are very impressed of what he has accomplished. I hope Jimmy finds another job soon!

Last edited:
Great post, Jimmy has been a great friend of my family for 25 plus years, he is a real class act. Because of Jimmy we now know Danny as well, and are very impressed of what he has accomplished. I hope Jimmy finds another job soon!

Yeah Steve, you're right! We're also surprised at how fast Dan has gone from "Diver" to "Crew Chief" That doesn't happen unless you have a real good friend and mentor like Jim in your corner There have been a few bumps along the way for both of them, hopefully Jim's road will smooth out soon.

Bob De Gennaro

good post bob-- i first met danny [and you] at englishtown last year. my cousin fillip stern is a friend of danny's and we talked with you at the monster pit. i will be at maple grove and will stop by to say hello. trying to get fil to come also. i didnt know danny was working for cruz until a few races ago when i saw him backing up the car. wow- he is doing a great job with the car congrats to him. and you most be very proud;) hope to see you next sunday

Barry,

I look forward to seeing you there. Please come over and introduce yourself. My memory ain't what it used to be.

Besides, the Monster team was 2 years ago. Dan didn't race last year.

Bob De Gennaro

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back