A public Thank you! (1 Viewer)

Harry Mannback

Nitro Member
Many thanks to all that played in the Speedway Children’s charities Cards for kid’s poker tournament last night hope all had fun!

Morgan Lucas was the last drive left and finished 3rd over all. Bob Frey even stopped by for a while!

Thank you Brandon Bernstein, Cory McClenathan, Greg Anderson, J.R. Todd, Dave Connolly, "Fast Jack" Beckman, Allen Johnson, Justin Humphreys, Rich Bennett, from the Formula Project, Timmah, Dave Rowe, Bob Orme and everybody else that stopped by and made the evening a success.
Hope to see you all again next year.:D

Dan

Last edited:
Who cares which driver was the last to finish! Who won? Inquiring minds want to know!?!?!

Well..It wasn't Timmah!...

I was in with about 12-15 players left and went heads up against Morgan Lucas with my Triple 8's....AGAINST HIS Triple 10's!!! DOHHHH!!! I gotta give a shout out to Homie Fast Jack, who "CALLED HIS SHOT" and said..."YOUR GONNA LOOSE THIS HAND TIMMAH" right before I Called Morgan's ALL IN. I guess that's what friends are for!

We had a great time at the event. My Main table was a freakin hoot. We had "CARLOTTA" from KOMP (The Event MC) who at the beginning of the event was telling everyone to have lot's of MILLER LITE BEER..(At a Budweiser Sponsored event!), But she was distracted as she was sitting next to me...:eek:. We had 2 ladies who wanted to play "STRIP POKER" which was cool...Also, the Sports guy from Channel 13. On my right was good buddy Justin Humphries. To his right was Big Ol. B.O.....Brian Olsen. At the beginning of the night, BO was on fire, and was donned the Nickname.."SATAN". But, as the night went on, we went back and forward.

We changed Tables a few times. Got to play with DC (Dave Connolly) and Allen Johnson...at the 2nd table. When I changed to table #2 I met "PROFESSOR DAVE" Ring! I felt like a dumba$$ cause I was:
1) QUITE LIQUIDATED....;)
2) Trying to get to my table...
3) Being flipped off by DC and Justin Humphries trying to distract my conversation with Dave Ring. Dave had his L/AA, Lee Zane Driven 32 Bantam out at the race...and He's a really cool Guy! Thanks for grabbing me Dave!

We had a great time at the event, and most importantly, we raised a lot of money for the Speedway Children's Charities. IT was a great time.

Oh, and for the record...I have no idea who won. When Morgan took me out, I ran to the bar..(like I needed another drink), to watch the end of the RED SOX TRIUMPH over the Rockies. Then met up with a few buddies I met at the tourny and we "EXPLORED VEGAS"!

Great time. I'll do it again next year!

Timmah!

Last edited:
Morgan Lucas is the luckiest SOB I've ever encountered at a poker table! He took me out too, calling my all in KQ suited with his 58 suited. I flopped a K, he flopped a 5, and the river hit him with an 8. :eek:

It was a fun tourney, and I hope to play again next year. :)

3) Being flipped off by DC and Justin Humphries trying to distract my conversation with Dave Ring. Dave had his L/AA, Lee Zane Driven 32 Bantam out at the race...and He's a really cool Guy! Thanks for grabbing me Dave!

Timmah,

I want to know who is impersonating me-if it's a big guy who was hanging out with Lee, that would be Mike Iacona. Mike's a great guy and quite bright-he has bachelor's and master degrees in engineering from Syracuse-and his sister did go to school here, but on Wednesday night I was watching the Red Sox on TV beat the Rockies and getting ready to teach my classes yesterday!

Timmah,

I want to know who is impersonating me-if it's a big guy who was hanging out with Lee, that would be Mike Iacona. Mike's a great guy and quite bright-he has bachelor's and master degrees in engineering from Syracuse-and his sister did go to school here, but on Wednesday night I was watching the Red Sox on TV beat the Rockies and getting ready to teach my classes yesterday!

Maybe that was Dave Rowe, and Bob who I met at the tourny. Like I said, I was rather SAUCED...and my memory was shaken like i was driving a Top Alcohol Funny Car....

I stopped by your pits with Mike's Car and the F/ED and your Car as well. There was a guy, older Gentleman who was working on both cars..WHO WAS THAT??? I introduced myself, and thought it was you....

DOHHH!!!!!

Oh, the car ran pretty well yesterday DAVE! And get your butt out here today!

Timmah!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back