Ok Here's the deal! (2 Viewers)

I got a PM from a friend telling me that I'm being crucified on another messageboard over my Eye Candy pics! I won't mention the board other than it was posted by cowards using names like Def Leppard and Dr. Rude. Saying I'm a Perv and have NO business doing such things! In all the races I've attended and posted pics with Eye Candy, Not ONE Person has ever PM'd me to say they were offended or this was out of line! For those cowards on other boards, this was a collection of Eye candy pics from 10 races! So now I ask if ANYBODY here feels that these pics are out of line or in bad taste. I need to know, I'm a big boy I can take it. If anything I post offends you tell me, I can take constructive comments. Joe

I'll refer you to a line I heard Bruce Williams use on his radio show.

"If you try to be everything to everybody, you'll be nothing to nobody."

Who has time in their day to be "offended" unless someone is personally disrespecting someone else? Tells me there's something wrong with them.

Just make sure if you post pictures of Hillary it's Hillary Will and not Bill's Hillary. The pictures are great.

Mark has stated before that it is not his site. I believe he was simply contracted to set it up for someone.

The pool boy needs to spend more time cleaning the pool and less time trying to act like a mouthpiece. His first entry into this thread claimed Joe or this site could be held liable for slander. Clue to the pool boy -- slander is spoken words heard by someone else that causes actual damages to the offended party. Libel is published material that causes actual damages to the offended party. Actual damage(s) must be proved in either case for the offended party to have a case!

Ha! Now I see these ads above.

Slander Lawyer - Virginia
Jeremiah A. Denton III, Esq. Reputable trial lawyer in Virginia.
www.jeremiahdenton.comFind Slander
Find Lawyers Specializing In Libel & Slander. Free & Confidential.
Find a Lawyer, Attorney and Legal Advice - LegalMatch

Sure, Joe, let's see a link. Is he guy eye candy? I shall be the judge of that!

Kurt, I haven't been to a mater meeting yet, I always sleep too late but in the interest of maintaining relationships I'm sure you're all plenty of eye candy. :D

And wow, I can't believe there's even a discussion about legal ramifications of photos on a drag racing Internet forum. Surely there are better candidates here for libel and defamation than Joe's photos of strangers considering we discuss public figures -- you know, professional drivers, team owners, crew chiefs, major sponsors.

But, what do I know? I'm not a lawyer but I play one on TV. No, no wait. I'm a reporter. Heh. I do know a little something about not getting sued.

Since we're talking about it, though, I tried to find the Terms and Conditions we all agreed to when we signed up here but couldn't locate them. I would wager that agreement likely waives Nitromater's liability for the actions of individual members on this site.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but that doesn't mean everyone is right. :)

I never been to that other site,but I just went.....
wow
nothin at all.
bunch a pu$$ies who don't like to check out the ladies!!
no one forced them to go to the site to look,if they don't like the name
"Eye Candy"...then stay the H3LL OUT!!
This is Still AMERICA????
right?
the land of the FREE!!!

get over it....
get a life
get a hoby.
let it be!
women love to be photo'd...

I think it makes them wet....
To know that they went to all that trouble to get all fixed up.
I think they'd be more Pi$$ed if someone didn't take ther pic,and notice them!

women love to be photo'd...

I went to the mall the day after Christmas (I can say that word in here??right)
a long time ago with a new camera that I had goten,and took pics of women in the mall,you would not belive all that actully stood and posed for the camera,they enjoed it.

Randy...Responding to your comment...Yes if someone felt defamed and filed suit (usually a letter from an ESQ's firm ceases all activity) it would blow your mind and dollars how fast you would be making public corrections and changing how you would do business...
I have watched my wife's firm try to approach a defendant with a simple cease and stop order to which they laugh and say "f**k off" and end up in court apologizing asking for forgiveness...To which she responds w/ a lien on their property/401k/Toyss/etc after they cannot pay the hefty penalty...and in civil cases the awards can be HUGE....
I guess for some it is easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission...

Hey I like the pics if they were not 'labeled' as 'eye candy'...that is my opinion and I know there are others here that are viewing this that agree but will not make a public statement as to keep their reputations perfect w/ some of you here....
I 'd disagree with you if I wasn't afraid you 'd have your wife sue me for hurting your feelings.

Looks like the Trashbags over there have officially declared war on us Maters! I think we need to carpetbomb that **** house! It's Nitroland.us....let 'em have it!

First slander applies to the spoken word and not print. Libel applies to print and must be for the purpose of defaming a living person. "In litigation, the falsity of the libelous statements or representations, as well the intention of malice, has to be proved for there to be libel". That would be next to impossible to prove in this case.

Furthermore the pictures were taken in public with no reasonable expectation of privacy on the part of the subjects. I have heard several discussion on this very subject by a professional photographer customer of mine who works for one of the Herald newspapers, and as long as it's in public it's fair game. If it happens in public and he gets a shot of it you will see it on the front page and on the web tomorrow.

Note to Joe: You would love his cameras 30-40k setups. I would be scared to go out on the street with the stuff.

Nitroland has been a mess for a very long time. It is nothing but a reservoir for punks.

The closest I can come to an analogy would be the prank phone call when you were a teenager. You can say what you want without the person knowing who you are..in this case..hiding behind a keyboard..LOL

Oh..another would be a heckler..nothing productive other than spewing nonsense.

I can't imagine any hetrosexual guy not liking Joe's pictures. :p

The only people i could imagine getting upset would be B girls with A small cup size who are just jealous.

Even Joe's car pictures are good. He has the skill and good spotting.

jOE,
HERES THE REAL DEAL.... after 2008 rolls around and you want to get to the first race and take pics... bring along an apprentice crew... you get bonus point if you mentor them in the correct ways who knows you might get a TV show.. RichB

you're not the only one who has people hiding on other boards complaining about them. Sucks, especially when they know where to find you.

I like the pics, nothing wrong with them open in public, heck half the time you get the girls to pose too.

Doesn't bother me one bit! And another thing.....you are well known for it. Everyone knows they will be in your pics. If they don't want to look at them they don't have to click your link. Plain and simple. :)
That's it in a nutshell.

I don't really want to look at that stuff. It leads to an appetite for more. So I just don't click the thread to begin with. Can't get offended if you don't give yourself reason to.

In Paul Grant's recent gallery there were a few "candy" shots and I just didn't give them a glance in the thumbnail even, that way I could just see what I wanted, and never had to pay it no mind.

I like my wife just fine...I am pressed enough to focus her due attention that she deserves. Ain't gonna waste it on someone that I don't know.

DLB

you're not the only one who has people hiding on other boards complaining about them. Sucks, especially when they know where to find you.

I like the pics, nothing wrong with them open in public, heck half the time you get the girls to pose too.

PJ, I saw that thread over on C+. It has over 100 posts. Ask yourself a question. If someone started a thread about Bruno, would anybody post in it? :D Take it as a compliment and don't let the bastages get you down.

PJ, I saw that thread over on C+. It has over 100 posts. Ask yourself a question. If someone started a thread about Bruno, would anybody post in it? :D Take it as a compliment and don't let the bastages get you down.

very true, wow maybe I'm famous....or is it just infamous lol

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back