Ok Here's the deal! (1 Viewer)

Joe...You labeled the thread 'Eye Candy'....That statement is open to interpretation by legal which would shock you once you had to retain counsel... You made these pics public info...personal info is one thing to keep to yourself...And you need written permission (legally) to share your captions on a world wide web site (if contested)...
My wife is an ESQ and her firm would look @ this situation as an 'easy money' suit...
You must not have a clue abut what you're talking about. If it's in public then it's fair game to take a picture of it (there are exceptions like military bases, etc.). He's not selling the pictures or using it to promote business so he doesn't need a model release form. I could take a picture of you and put it on my website and there's not a damn thing you could do about it because I'm not selling the image or using it to promote business. If you don't want your picture taken then don't go out in public!

Bert P. Krages Attorney at Law Photographer's Rights Page
http://www.kantor.com/blog/Legal-Rights-of-Photographers.pdf
Photographer's Rights - PhotoblogsWiki

That aught to tech you about straying away from the Mater Joe!:D

I'm with Kelly, pretty much everyone here knows that there will be ladies in your pictures, plus you do label the threads as such. And there are NO laws against taking pictures of anyone in a public place. Terry's just being his same grouchy azz self!

Hey...I dig Joe's NHRA experiences/pics and he asked for out thoughts....
I like women just as much as everyone else here...but the legal side of things like this would surprise most here...
Explain the legal side, Terry? Public place..no names or addresses..visible to all the world? Again..smoke is getting thick.

You must not have a clue abut what you're talking about. If it's in public then it's fair game to take a picture of it (there are exceptions like military bases, etc.). He's not selling the pictures or using it to promote business so he doesn't need a model release form. I could take a picture of you and put it on my website and there's not a damn thing you could do about it because I'm not selling the image or using it to promote business. If you don't want your picture taken then don't go out in public!

Bert P. Krages Attorney at Law Photographer's Rights Page
http://www.kantor.com/blog/Legal-Rights-of-Photographers.pdf
Photographer's Rights - PhotoblogsWiki
I knew you'd have the snap on this Brent.

Joe is basically doing the same thing the paparazzi do (thats not an insult :))....its not illegal in a public place

I knew you'd have the snap on this Brent.
I've read so many of these types of questions/threads over the past few years that I have quite a few sites bookmarked and pdf's saved of release forms, etc. There's always some moron out there that thinks they know it all and tries to stop a eprson from taking pics. Thomas Hawk (Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection) has a great site and has made many posts about run-ins with these idiots. Right now there's a case in Washington state where a professor at the U. of Washington is suing the Snohomish Police for detaining and handcuffing her for an hour for taking pics (HeraldNet: Professor detained by Snohomish police after taking photos of power lines sues) when they had no right to do so. Just a week or so ago a reporter here in Portland was detained by a female federal officer in downtown Portland for taking pics. I don't think he's suing but he very well could if he wanted.

Joe,
The Only Complaint I Would Have Is You Need A Camara For Both Hands Or An Assistant. I Would Gladly Volunteer But I Am Sure The Line Would Be A Long One. Good Looking "eye Candy" And Drag Racing Have Been Around Forever. These "clowns" Yes "clowns" Talking About Lawsuits Are Just Plain "non" Funseekers And Are More Commonly Known As Whiplash Willies And Lawsuit Lillies. The Women That Get Photographed Dress To Impress And I For One Joe Appreciate The Ray Of Sunshine You Bring With Your Pics. If You Need To Start A Defense Fund Let Me Know I Want To Be The First To Contribute To It.

Thanks Again,
Rick

Keep taking the pics Joe!
No one is forced to look at them.

At Pomona, I was trying for a silhouette shot of the AAA car and the clouds in the sky at sunset. It's in my Pomona pics thread.

I was on the ground on all fours with the camera pointed up. No one was around, but then these 3 women walked thru the frame. They started freaking out:
"Oh my God!!! Did you take upskirt pictures of us?!!! But, they were laughing and joking.
BTW, they were all wearing pants.
So anyway, they turn around and bend over and sticking their butts out and shaking them at my camera. Laughing the whole time. They did NOT qualify as eye candy so I did not click.

See? We are all just having good clean fun.

Besides I'm NOT selling these and I'm not posting them on Myspace either. Besides, how could these gals prove they didn't want to be photographed???? Things that make you go hmmm.........
If you wanted to post them on Myspace or any other website there's nothing stopping you. The women would have no say in it as long as you're not saying libelous things about them or you're selling the pictures of them with out a model release form. There's been cases where photographers have set up model shoots only for the models to back out of signing the release (which is why you always get it signed beforehand) after the photos were taken. There's nothing stopping the photographer from posting those pics on a website to show to the world even though he didn't get a signed release.

I'm really confused as to where Terry got his info because he's flat-out incorrect. Does he really think news photographers get model-release forms for everybody that's in the background of any pic they take? :rolleyes: You know that doesn't happen because they don't need to, they were taken in public.

Example: I took some pics of a large apartment fire here a month or so back and every single news station in the Portland area (KATU, KGW, KOIN, KPTV) used my pics on their websites with my permission. Do you really think I went up asked everybody that happened to be in my pics, including firefighters and cops, to sign a model release form? Nope, I didn't need to since the pics were taken in a public setting. Since this was a news event I could have sold the pics to the stations and still wouldn't have needed model release forms.

edit- I just got off the phone with Tom Murphy (lead reporter) of the Portland Tribune and he helped me find the URL of the story I mentioned earlier about the photogrpaher who was harassed in downtown Portland by the female federal officer. He said that they still have not recieved any explanation and the photographer still has not received an apology. The photog was simply taking pics of red-light cameras for a story.
They keep saying it’s a free country
They keep saying it’s a free country
Sources Say
The Portland Tribune, Nov 13, 2007

Tourists, beware: If you’re taking photos near City Hall, you may find yourselves grilled by a federal agent.

That, at least is our conclusion at Sources Say, based on a Big Brother-ish run-in experienced by intrepid Portland Tribune photographer L.E. Baskow on the afternoon of Oct. 23.

He was standing at the northeast corner of Southwest Fourth Avenue and Jefferson Street taking photographs of the intersection for today’s article on red light cameras, when a white Chevrolet SUV stopped in a traffic lane down the block, across from City Hall.

A woman in uniform jumped out and started grilling him, apparently taking him for a likely terrorist — well, he does have dark hair, after all.

Since federal vehicles might have been leaving the nearby underground parking garage, she said he had to get permission from the federales before taking pictures — even though he was standing on a public sidewalk.

She ran him through a law enforcement database back in Denver, and generally was less than pleasant while leaving her car parked in traffic for about 20 minutes.

Sources Say is waiting to hear back on the feds’ side of the story.

Last edited:
I am back..Sorry...The part where slander occurs is the title 'EYE CANDY'...and those words could be thought of in a negative fashion...In our great country' legal system it could be found to be negative slander by certain people...most women would not like to be labeled as 'eye candy'...
If any of you have read NHRA's disclaimer when attending an event they include the sentence that they could use your face in a photograph, video, etc...w/out your written consent and by purchasing a ticket you waive the right for legal rights/compensation...
The NHRA is not making money off of your pic in the pages of DRAGSTER/NHRA.COM but they HAVE to inform you that photgraphy of many types are/will be taking place...

And Suzie..my wife is a partner in a boutique firm...

And Joe...like I said I really enjoy your race day pics...

I got a PM from a friend telling me that I'm being crucified on another messageboard over my Eye Candy pics! I won't mention the board other than it was posted by cowards using names like Def Leppard and Dr. Rude. Saying I'm a Perv and have NO business doing such things! In all the races I've attended and posted pics with Eye Candy, Not ONE Person has ever PM'd me to say they were offended or this was out of line! For those cowards on other boards, this was a collection of Eye candy pics from 10 races! So now I ask if ANYBODY here feels that these pics are out of line or in bad taste. I need to know, I'm a big boy I can take it. If anything I post offends you tell me, I can take constructive comments. Joe

Joe,
Some people are just looking to ***** about something and to be offended by something. This isn't a Taliban controlled country so the women aren't wrapped in burqahs. Some people have overdosed on political correctness and dumped out there common sense pills. Obviously those "offended" posters are left handed, light in the loafers, pink shirt wearing whiners.

S/F
D

Is nitroland still around? keep up the good work Joe, don't worry about what the "fanboys" on the other sites say.

Give me a female who opposes the term "Eye Candy" and I'll give her some Southern Comfort, the smell of BRUT Revolution, and something to do on a Saturday night. Case Closed.

:D

Joe:

I support your Eye Candy shots and all the great pics you provide to us who can't attend...However, i'm gonna say this because I've been meaning to post it.... YOU HAVE IT EASY DUDE!

As much as they (A few idiots) are slamming you for what your doing at the race track, they sure as hell are not posting rediculous statements UNDER YOUR NAME! I received an IM from a fellow mater and member of Comp Plus's board about a week ago, stating some guy was posting messages using my name. IT WAS ALSO ON NITROLAND.US! Some A$$HOLE is using my sign off name....TIMMAH! and saying the most rediculous things. THey have also gone as far as to post my real name and slam my family's racing team, MY GOALS in Drag Racing AND PASSIONS, AND EVEN MY SEXUALITY! I posted a response on the site inviting the person who is doing this to email me and have the ballz to admit to me who he was and let me know what it is about me that he hates so much, but MYSTERICALLY, the post was deleted from Nitroland.US ! Let me be clear here.... THESE MESSAGES FROM TIMMAH! on Nitroland.us are NOT ME!

I have very thick skin, but when my family name is being trounced, that's when the line get's crossed!

SO, As far as your being attacked on Nitroland.us (and no, i'm not afraid to share what the website is, I think it should be shut down, for the simple fact that anyone can post with anyname and say anything!), I TRULY UNDERSTAND HOW YOUR FEELING!

TIMMAH! (Not some poser wannabe as it was stated on Nitroland.US )

and to the idiot who's doing this on NITROLAND.US....Send me your address so that can send you an autographed photo of me so that you have something to admire when your in your bed at night!!!;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back