Is this Careless or what? (1 Viewer)

some one please take that thing away from the retard before he hurts ALOT of people... geez

this is darwinism at its finest... bad thing is it's the innocent bystanders that'll get killed

sad deal just waiting to happen :mad:

Looks OK to me. Then again some of you have probably never done a burnout in a parking lot before. Probably have never done a burnout period.

everytime i see Sean B he's usually doing one about 1/8 mile long....
haha... i do what i can brotha! if i can't be good i'll at least be spectactular! maybe someday i can be both?

Looks OK to me. Then again some of you have probably never done a burnout in a parking lot before. Probably have never done a burnout period.
but in all seriousness... please tell me you don't actually think this is ok dude?

imo there are only 3 ways to fire one of these cars:
-on secured stands with a belted driver at the controls
-on the ground with NO driveshaft
-pointed down the strip ready to race

anything else is a disaster waiting to happen

"Hey everybody! Look how cool my car is! Now let's all go to the Soda Shack and get milkshakes!!" :rolleyes:

Apparently, some people have very short memories, forgetting the Selmer, TN incident with Troy Critchley.

If Troy had as much room and as few spectators on both sides as the altered driver, nobody would've been hurt.

Oh, and that video is a terrible influence on people. Even though my GTO still has snow tires on, today I'm going to go do a long, smokey burnout down an icey road next to a playground full of cute little toddlers. Of course, it will be all that guy's fault. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
A friend of mine related to me the story of firing up his front engined nostalgia dragster in the garage after making some changes to the carb-you-rettor. As he sat in the car, listening to the engine, for what-ever reason, (To this day, he doesn't know WHY he did it.) he snicked it into gear, then stabbed the throttle. By the time he was done, he'd gone down his (long) driveway, across the street, up his neighbor's (long) driveway, and managed to get it stopped literally just inches from his neighbor's garage door. All this without any safety equipment (helmet, fire suit, harness etc.) on. He said the two huge black marks down the driveway that lasted the entire summer attested to his incredible stupidity. He says he thought he was just "gonna do a little dry hop type of thing." He readily admits it was the most stupid careless and dangerous thing he ever did. He's not proud of it. He learned his lesson, and never did anything like it again.

Believe it or nuts, this actually contributed to the breakup of his (admittedly already shaky) marriage. She used this incident in court as evidence of his loose cannon status.

The guy in this series of vids is just asking for a lawsuit, IMHO.

As far as neighbors go, one friend of mine has one that already doesn't like him. His plan is, upon completion of his nostalgia nitro funny car, to fire it up for the first time at a spot in his driveway that's maybe 20 ft from the guy's living room window at a time when he knows he'll be watching TV. :D

I told him we should have two video cameras. One shooting the car and another more candid one in my friend's living room window shooting for this guy's natural expression when he sticks his head out of his! :D

I agree that burnouts shouldn't be done with people on either side of where you're going to be traveling and no barrier. Saying some of us have done it would be like me trying to justify an absolutely stupid thing like drunk driving just because I did and got away with it as a teenager.

A friend of mine related to me the story of firing up his front engined nostalgia dragster in the garage after making some changes to the carb-you-rettor. As he sat in the car, listening to the engine, for what-ever reason, (To this day, he doesn't know WHY he did it.) he snicked it into gear, then stabbed the throttle. By the time he was done, he'd gone down his (long) driveway, across the street, up his neighbor's (long) driveway, and managed to get it stopped literally just inches from his neighbor's garage door. All this without any safety equipment (helmet, fire suit, harness etc.) on. He said the two huge black marks down the driveway that lasted the entire summer attested to his incredible stupidity. He says he thought he was just "gonna do a little dry hop type of thing." He readily admits it was the most stupid careless and dangerous thing he ever did. He's not proud of it. He learned his lesson, and never did anything like it again.

Believe it or nuts, this actually contributed to the breakup of his (admittedly already shaky) marriage. She used this incident in court as evidence of his loose cannon status.

The guy in this series of vids is just asking for a lawsuit, IMHO.

I bet it whacked his head against the roll cage and that he went most of that distance before he was even back in this world enough to know where he was at and realize what was happening.

I finished my bracket dragster in 2000. My first few passes, I had no recollection of the first 100 ft of the run. Someone finally told me to ether put my helmet against the cage or hold my head forward. Woah! I could see! It rings your bell even with a helmet on. I've since been able to pass the info on to another new driver when I heard them complaining about their head hurting and not having any memory of the first few feet of a run! :D

Yep, that could easily have been the latest "spectators killed by drag racer" video. Can cowboy antics like that get your competition license in trouble?

His neighbors must love this guy YouTube - burn out in driveway with 1800 hp

I was just thinking:

- that the neighbors must LOVE this guy- really!

- that, without a backup guy, he was getting awfully close to wackin into that gooseneck...

- that his driveway is REALLY narrow, and I kept waiting for it to get out of shape and smack the house

- that I'm glad this guy doesn't have a boat- he must be a TON of fun on the lake...:rolleyes:

Rapid- check in please and lend this nitwit a clue about how to own one of these things!!!

My new landlord happens to own the biggest dirt track in east Tennessee. He also lives on the same block, owning a car that he races at his own track. Two of his other racers live on the same block! He gave me the rundown of how it works around here. "Everyone in this neighborhood either races or loves racing. We don't start anything after 9 PM."

He then went on to explain how he and the other racers sometimes communicate. "I'll start mine up while working on it. When I shut it off, one of the guys down the street will start his up, whack it, and shut it off as a way to say "Hi." He then continued with "We make about 900 horsepower. How much will you be making?" I said around 3,000. He just smiled.

That was on Sunday night. He gave me an application and said "Fax this in early tomorrow morning. We've had this listed for about a month. My wife has it narrowed down to two other people and will be making a decision tomorrow afternoon."

My application was approved the following afternoon! I called my former landlord of over ten years to thank her for the good word I was convinced she must have gave him to put me ahead of the other two. She said "Nobody called me!" :D

That "How much will you be making?" question might as well have been on the application! :D I can see what the denial could be like. 'We're sorry, sir. You just don't make enough noise/power for THIS neighborhood!"

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back