Is Jay Payne's Pro mod in Comp?!?!?! (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
Did I hear that right. Someone wlaked into my office so I was only partially paying attention to the audio cast. Is he running a pro mod in comp?

AND the #1 qualifier in Comp at .76 under! Quickest Pro Mod in NHRA Comp history by a tenth!

Yep I remember Nathan Martin tried to qualify his nitrous P/M the Bone Collector at Dallas in 2002.
I'll try for a Pic, a beautiful car.

AND the #1 qualifier in Comp at .76 under! Quickest Pro Mod in NHRA Comp history by a tenth!

Pretty sure that it is also the fastest Comp run in history. At the Dutch Classic they said that the previous AA/PM record of 6.179 was the fastest comp run.

Not to thread jack, but Butner's 6.940/189.42 is pretty impressive. Especially since from the mph it looks like he let off. Last week his 7.06 was at 196 mph.

I'd give him a break-it's been a long time since he had to react to a full .500 tree.

He still would have been red on a .400 tree. Do you know if he normally runs a .400 or a .370 tree? Just curious.

He's a fine driver and knows his business so I was really disappointed to see he went red.

He still would have been red on a .400 tree. Do you know if he normally runs a .400 or a .370 tree? Just curious.

He's a fine driver and knows his business so I was really disappointed to see he went red.

Remember that with a pro-tree, you get one flash of amber to react to. With a full tree, you gotta watch it come down, unless you are using a blinder. And I suspect that would be tough for someone like Jay who's racing on a full tree for the first time since his super stock days.

Remember that with a pro-tree, you get one flash of amber to react to. With a full tree, you gotta watch it come down, unless you are using a blinder. And I suspect that would be tough for someone like Jay who's racing on a full tree for the first time since his super stock days.

I'm guessing he reacted to the third amber. What I'm saying is that if he usually runs a .370 tree he would have been about .020 green. With a .500 tree he went red.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back