Is it just me??? Countdown to 4??? (1 Viewer)

Boo

Nitro Member
I went on NHRA's website and saw the main article titled "Anderson, Coughlin, Smith are first to clinch berths in Countdown to Four" . Seems to be confusing to me, the Countdown to 4 happens after the Countdown to 8......So I read a little further and finally figured out they were talking about who had already secured a spot in the "8" with 4 races of the regular season remaining. I think they are just trying to see if I'm paying attention.:confused::rolleyes:

I looked at that article kind of funny also. I for one am tired of hearing during each pair of each round of the Tv coverage where the two drivers on the line fall in the countdown. Most everybody watching knows about the countdown now, so I would think just a synopsis of the points before and after eliminations would be enough.

Just my 2 cents.

wait a minute I thought this new and improves points scam was supposed to lead to unpredictability and excitement but people are already clinching spots into the next round. Isn't that like wrapping up the championship early that apparently was so evil that they had to dreate the countdown????

I went on NHRA's website and saw the main article titled "Anderson, Coughlin, Smith are first to clinch berths in Countdown to Four" . Seems to be confusing to me, the Countdown to 4 happens after the Countdown to 8......So I read a little further and finally figured out they were talking about who had already secured a spot in the "8" with 4 races of the regular season remaining. I think they are just trying to see if I'm paying attention.:confused::rolleyes:

You are correct in your assessment.

I figured out that if you live in your own little fantasy world, and act like each race is the World Championship, then you have 23 times to get all excited and crown a new champ yourself.

Then again - the whole purpose of championship is lessened - but hey - if they can live in their fantasy, I can live in my. It's cool to have a new champ each (somewhat) week.

DLB

The Countdown to 8 started at the Winternationals. Starting at Indy will be the Countdown to 4, then the last the last two races will be the Countdown to the Championship.

What Jeggie and Anderson, etc. have achieved is equivelant to clinching an early playoff birth in NFL.

Nobody has clinched a berth in the final four, so the title is extremely misleading. Clinching a berth in the final eight is a different story, but after the eight drivers have their points adjusted there will only be 35 points between first and eighth, no matter how big the gaps were before Maple Grove.

Nobody has clinched a berth in the final four, so the title is extremely misleading. Clinching a berth in the final eight is a different story, but after the eight drivers have their points adjusted there will only be 35 points between first and eighth, no matter how big the gaps were before Maple Grove.

it will be 70 points. 10 point increments between the racers with 8th starting out at 2000 points, 7th 2010 and so on

once the second beheading happens 4th goes to 3000 points 3rd 3010 and so on

The title is not misleading. "The Countdown to 4" will feature 8 drivers in each class, it starts at Indy and goes for 4 races. The "Countdown to the Championship" takes place at the last 2 races.

I looked at that article kind of funny also. I for one am tired of hearing during each pair of each round of the Tv coverage where the two drivers on the line fall in the countdown. Most everybody watching knows about the countdown now, so I would think just a synopsis of the points before and after eliminations would be enough.

Just my 2 cents.

I love it when they tell us. Makes it very exciting!

Let's see!
Eight chase the four, but two chase four that could be eight,
then the last four trade points with the eight that started as the two.
:confused::eek::confused:

Ok, now I think I have a handle on it! :D

OK someone help me get this stright... After Reading it goes to 8 drivers.. then of those 8 only 4 can advance, but any of the 16 qualifiers can eliminate one of the TOP 8 which will be 4 soon.. however if a "Blocker" takes out 1 of the 8 it will not be 7 it will be 4 after a few races... Then if the star's are in alignment it will go to 2 for the last 2 or 3 races..

BUT,,, if one of the original 8 who advances to the next 4 it won't count if he did it on a run in which he did not have lane choice..

Now IF the the 4 (who are picked from the original 8) can't race each other to get it to 2 then # 9 will advance to the original 8 thus making it possible to cut 8 in half to 4.. thus making NHRA very exciting..

(Excuse me while I refill my wine glass)

OK thanks.. now where were we... Yes I had a call into PJ to get his advice or clarification on how we get to 4 from 8 now if I miss something

WILL NHRA KEEP ME INFORMED ON ND AS TO WHO ADVANCED IN THEIR ND ON LINE?

It confuses me.
Why don't they just have all 16 qualifiers of each class put their names in a hat and draw one to be champion?

Nothing wrong with the old system. I didn't used to mind when Bob Glidden had the title wrapped up by September.

OK someone help me get this stright... After Reading it goes to 8 drivers.. then of those 8 only 4 can advance, but any of the 16 qualifiers can eliminate one of the TOP 8 which will be 4 soon.. however if a "Blocker" takes out 1 of the 8 it will not be 7 it will be 4 after a few races... Then if the star's are in alignment it will go to 2 for the last 2 or 3 races..

BUT,,, if one of the original 8 who advances to the next 4 it won't count if he did it on a run in which he did not have lane choice..

Now IF the the 4 (who are picked from the original 8) can't race each other to get it to 2 then # 9 will advance to the original 8 thus making it possible to cut 8 in half to 4.. thus making NHRA very exciting..

(Excuse me while I refill my wine glass)

OK thanks.. now where were we... Yes I had a call into PJ to get his advice or clarification on how we get to 4 from 8 now if I miss something

WILL NHRA KEEP ME INFORMED ON ND AS TO WHO ADVANCED IN THEIR ND ON LINE?

John you better be careful I may just make you vice president of the we hate the countdown club :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back