is 4 wide reason for low attendance? (2 Viewers)

Some of you should put just as much blame on yourselves for frustration with posters you don’t agree with. Going back and forth with someone who either doesn’t agree with you or is out to get someone riled up makes you just as bad as the person you have a problem with. This includes Alan! Just because you think or in some cases know your right doesn’t mean you need to convince them your right. It’s silly. Say your peace and be done. You could spend the rest of your life trying to correct everyone who says something you disagree with. You’re making all of us miserable.
I hope no one thinks this thread is good because of the amount of views and posts it has received because it’s nothing but a bunch of nonsensical back and forth about nothing. Some of it looks like they are talking to themselves. Why does anyone care about the crowds being large? Do you want your tickets cost to quadruple? I don’t. Do you want huge crowds of casual fans? If you went to an ADRL race at its peak you know what I’m saying. All the bitching in the world isn’t going to make a difference when you do it here. Can we get back to bitching about Pro Stock now? Please don’t, lol.

seattle, sunday, 2018, with fuel cars on starting line. AA/FA proves time and date. that is the crowd i am concerned about. i took this pic. the AA/FA was put out there after 2nd round.

Attachments

• WP_20180803_334.jpg
    WP_20180803_334.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 72
I enjoy good conversation and am always willing to chat with those who disagree with me. What turned me off is the whole "The sky is falling" attitude and the unwillingness to even consider another opinion. Were there things back in the day that were better, like car counts? Sure, but is everything today awful in comparison? Absolutely not. Times change, and if you don't change with them you get left behind.

I was here when the average day had over two hours of clean up time, that part has certainly improved, because it had to. When it used to just be part of the deal. Then the NHRA and the teams went to work to fix it simply because new fans coming out told us, "We like what we saw, but there is too much time just sitting through the clean ups." Those same fans told us that they didn't want to be at the track for 10 hours, they want to come out, see the race and go home. So we adjusted.

I was the guy (along with many of my friends) that when the races came to town I planned my entire month around it, so I could be at the track all four days. But times change, those same friends now still enjoy the races, but they have a soccer game with jr. or a family thing to fit in as well so many come out Saturday and Sunday they do whatever then watch it on FOX. That wasn't an option back then. Times change.

I enjoy very much what we have today, everything from the technology, to the speed, to the (IMHO) Amazing show we put on.

Sorry about the quoting, I didn't realize I was dragging it up for those of you who have him blocked.

And for the record, I'm not mad or upset, I'm just done with him. As someone once told me, you can turn on every light in the room, but some people will close their eyes and claim that it's still dark.

Alan

Last edited:

This is a race put on by BILL DONER, with nitro funny cars and wheelstanders, IN SEATTLE, on a Saturday night in July of 2017. Just look at the people falling out of the grandstands...

Come on Mike, you know that they're all stuck in the traffic jam trying to get in.......

Alan

was there just one big name driver at bills 2017 race?? ......vs a facility full of big name cars on full loads of pop. when we ran this class, we ran the car on 60% and got paid the same. as for alan pointing out to me ppl do not have to go to races with so much media available / go home early / etc. i want it to be known i never considered clashing numbers at the track combined with media used by local ppl in that market. this is my last post on this thread as i posted the pic that concerned me. i also fully agree with alan on clean up. i inhaled enough rice hull ash dragging brooms from trucks at irwindale i am glad it does not cause cancer. thread over for me. cant wait for team scelzi to arrive in town!!! :) ..this pic was on 4-20-19. brand new 2019 car on track for first time. he never made 10 laps

Attachments

• Screenshot_41.png
    Screenshot_41.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
I couldn't help myself, I unblocked you know who. I wish that I hadn't. Ignore is back on.

Last edited:
was there just one big name driver at bills 2017 race?? ......vs a facility full of big name cars on full loads of pop. when we ran this class, we ran the car on 60% and got paid the same. as for alan pointing out to me ppl do not have to go to races with so much media available / go home early / etc. i want it to be known i never considered clashing numbers at the track combined with media used by local ppl in that market. this is my last post on this thread as i posted the pic that concerned me. i also fully agree with alan on clean up. i inhaled enough rice hull ash dragging brooms from trucks at irwindale i am glad it does not cause cancer. thread over for me. cant wait for team scelzi to arrive in town!!! :) ..this pic was on 4-20-19. brand new 2019 car on track for first time. he never made 10 laps
Is that a picture you took, or was it done by somebody else and you removed the copyright?

Jessie Robinson I think you meant to express it as my loss not as if I'm lost but I guess could be lost and wrong LOL
I was having big finger issues on my Smart phone . I think your missing a lot unless you totally lost interest in Drag Racing. I can't go because of my health. Been involved ,in Drag Racing since 1969 and still love it

I couldn't help myself, I unblocked you know who. I wish that I hadn't. Ignore is back on.
It’s ridiculous that someone has to be blocked on a site that revolves around something as fun as dragracing. This site used to be all about sharing information and healthy debate’s. It’s probably asking too much that we can get back to that!

my only concern is attendance. by 1 pm on sundays at seattle they start closing up shop. as for closing so ppl can get home, i have been to pomona well past dark on sundays many times.

Last edited:
Well that ship has sailed.:)

the only reason you continue to follow this eugene is to see what i post next. :) .....otherwise you would have stopped looking at this thread weeks ago. :)

Last edited:
Going to my first 4 wide this weekend, will see what the fuss is all about. So there's 2 sets of weekend passes that the curiosity factor sold.

Going to my first 4 wide this weekend, will see what the fuss is all about. So there's 2 sets of weekend passes that the curiosity factor sold.

whatever u do get some ear plugs, u will definitely need them !! o_O

Bruton's tracks are a publicly traded corporation, so they will be around after he is gone. Speedway Motorsports Incorporated, stock symbol TRK.

They formed a private company to buy back all of the public shares of TRK today for $18 per share. TRK closed at $13.46 today. This is a move to combat nascar's decline in popularity and help the France family reposition nascar as a major sport. I doubt it has an affect on NHRA, but you never can tell.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/26594326/buyback-allow-smi-run-tracks-privately

Yes, we had 14 TF cars in Pomona, how many in Phoenix? Or Gainesville? Or Houston? California DOT keeps a few of them away. I remember in the late 70's early 80's when there was talk of just one Nitro class because there weren't enough Funny Cars to fill a field. Ring a bell? We got through that.

And you keep saying that the crowds are small, when they are not. Not every event is a sell out, but some are. NHRA has VERY strong crowds, and we're not removing grandstands to make it look that way. If the weather is good, the fans come out to see what we've got. There are many more grandstands now than there used to be, so what used to be standing room only isn't now. That doesn't make the crowd smaller, that makes the venue bigger. If I sell 20,000 tickets and have 15,000 seats, the place is packed! If I double the seats and sell 25,000 tickets I have 5,000 empty seats, but I still have a bigger crowd.

You talk about how Doner's events in Seattle used to back up traffic for miles and shut down the highway. You do realize that was a two lane country road right? There is now an expressway right in front of the track. This isn't 1980, times change, I'm glad you have fond memories of when you were involved, but the racing is better today, the competition is better today, the safety is better today, and the sport is doing fine. It's not perfect, but as I said before, the sky isn't falling either.

Alan

I think what they are referring to is on TV people see the empty seats but don’t take in account the fans still in the pits or at the displays. It really stands out when the fuel cars just finished a session.
That last fuel car pass and it looks like a mass exodus!
But on TV it can and does look sparse.
Friday’s especially.

Both sides looked pretty full during Sat Q-1, and the drifting show drew a lot of attention also.

4 wides was loud and entertaining. Felt watching it live I could keep up with the action. Not so when I've watched it on TV. Glad I went.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back