4 wide TV coverage (1 Viewer)

Rick the Rocket

Nitro Member
One of the things that I am not fond of in 4 wide racing is additional action that I am trying to pay attention to. An improvement on the TV coverage would be to leave the race results data on the screen longer. About twice as long would be my guess. The 2 wide race data display is too short for my taste that could lengthened also.

One of the things that I am not fond of in 4 wide racing is additional action that I am trying to pay attention to. An improvement on the TV coverage would be to leave the race results data on the screen longer. About twice as long would be my guess. The 2 wide race data display is too short for my taste that could lengthened also.
i agree rick. the viewer is trying to process (4) r.t.'s, then (4) e.t.'s, and (4) mph's ........ have stats across bottom of screen for each lane and leave on screen longer.

today's race took 4 hours......first rnd. of TF was at posted 11:30am. 3rd and final run was posted 3:30pm. is that too fast for a race? hate to say it, but i think you might find some opinions
out there that would say 4 hours is maximum........that would not be me with that opinion. results posted on nhra.com. race airs tape delayed this evening. no need to tune in tonite.
harve karuza, i'm with ya'.

there was rain threatening today, so the they tried to get the race done before that. It started spitting raindrops about 10 minutes after the final final.

i agree rick. the viewer is trying to process (4) r.t.'s, then (4) e.t.'s, and (4) mph's ........ have stats across bottom of screen for each lane and leave on screen longer.
And worse yet, NHRA tv doesn’t post any graphics with the stats like they do for two wide meets. Too much for them to process too I guess.

I find myself either backing up the broadcast or going to DRC after the round to see the times. Don't know why they can't leave them up for a bit. Thankfully the last time for all that this year. It's still very hard to watch on TV

Crowd this weekend was better than any 2 wide race at Charlotte in years. As long as that keeps happening you sure ain't getting rid of it, and could very well be getting more of it
Not a fan, but as they say "Money Talks, Bulls..t walks". I hope not. As posted above to hard to watch!

I find myself either backing up the broadcast or going to DRC after the round to see the times. Don't know why they can't leave them up for a bit. Thankfully the last time for all that this year. It's still very hard to watch on TV
Stop highlighting the results with a green background and white letters. Maybe if you're 18 you can read it just fine. Us old bastards struggle with it. Overall, though, I thought the coverage was pretty good.

I noticed when Jason left his mic on, you could actually hear the cars. Unfortunately, it must have been hard for Alan and Joe to announce with it open and he kept telling them to turn off their mics..............:(

wish someone from nhra would admit that 4-wide racing is all about a shorter raceday for a new generation of attention deficit fans, of any age or gender.
If so why is the TV show still 3 hours with a whole lot of replays from previous race and too many replays?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back