Incredible Top Fuel bike pass yesterday (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Dave Vantine was up against Sam Wills in the final at the Manufacturers Cup World Finals and made an incredible 1/4 mile pass, and mind-boggling 1/8th mile ET and mph.

Since he gained only 10 mph in the back-half it really makes you wonder what they left on the table with that pass.

What an excellent run! Congratulations to the team.

229 at 1/8, wow!

To put that in perspective, I'm pretty sure Peter Svensson 'only' ran about 213 at 1/8 on his 'all time best' 5.709 run (and again only added <10 mph in the 2nd half, clicked off @ 1000).

What an excellent run! Congratulations to the team.

229 at 1/8, wow!

To put that in perspective, I'm pretty sure Peter Svensson 'only' ran about 213 at 1/8 on his 'all time best' 5.709 run (and again only added <10 mph in the 2nd half, clicked off @ 1000).

Larry McBride ran a 5.93@243 back in 1999-2000! So he most certainly had 60's in that pass....

It was a great pass for sure, only 2 quicker, Larry McBride with his 5.74 and Peter Svensson 5.70.
The one to look out for will be the Alwine TF1 when they get that beast hooked up , Look out!!

Larry will be out next year with a new bike. (Unless they repair "Blue")
The race to the .60s is on my guess it will be another year, most likley at Valdosta fall race in 2016.

Fixed it Pippi ! LOL

Last edited:
That frightens the living shit out of me. I think it may have nosed over very early in the run, the way the front end came down was pretty hard just past 1/2 track. Either way, I'd love to know how he sits on the bike with nuts the size of soccerballs.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back