Oh how I wish I was at the Rock today!!! (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
Jason Scruggs ran the first 200 mph 1/8th mile pass for a pro mod today during qualifying for the ADRL race and then during first round tonight he went 3.75 at 203 mph! That's one bad ass hotrod.

Also in pro nitrous, Doug Riesterer our local Houston area nitrous guru ran an unbelievable 3.94! The record was a 3.99.

I cant wait for Dallas the 2nd week of October, going to be a blast watching the Battle for the Belts ADRL World Finals. Anyone here going?

I wasnt sure where to post this so if it needs moved, sorry.

IMG_3673_(Medium).JPG

Jason Scruggs ran the first 200 mph 1/8th mile pass for a pro mod today during qualifying for the ADRL race and then during first round tonight he went 3.75 at 203 mph! That's one bad ass hotrod.

Also in pro nitrous, Doug Riesterer our local Houston area nitrous guru ran an unbelievable 3.94! The record was a 3.99.

I cant wait for Dallas the 2nd week of October, going to be a blast watching the Battle for the Belts ADRL World Finals. Anyone here going?

I wasnt sure where to post this so if it needs moved, sorry.

I'll be there.

The other day someone here posted something about how close the grandstands were to the track at Rockingham. Now I see for myself what they were talking about. Good grief.

Nice pic.

How about running that quick and you lose the race. Josh Hernandez ran in the 80s all weekend and won the race. Jason Scruggs is incredible though!!!!

I gotta give a shout out to my boys the Dr Moons Rage team. 3.80 in the semi's and a 3.78 in the final. They might not be as quick as Scruggs but they get the job done. Awesome night guys and congrats Josh and Jason both. Also Harold Martin ran good which is good to see. That was probably the greatest pro mod event ever held. I can only hope the weather cooperates and gives Dallas an opportunity to be half as quick as it was yesterday at the Rock.

That ADRL stuff is badass. I've been to one of the Dragstock races and one of the Finals... you just gotta see one of these for yourselves, folks. I'm planning to make one day of the Dallas ADRL race, hope to see some of you there!

Would have loved to have been at the Rock....but I will just have to wait for Ennis to see these Bad Boys in action...there is nothing like it...I'll be there for both days when they hit Texas...Like Tom...Hope to see some of ya'll there.

That ADRL stuff is badass. I've been to one of the Dragstock races and one of the Finals... you just gotta see one of these for yourselves, folks. I'm planning to make one day of the Dallas ADRL race, hope to see some of you there!

Hey Tom, you and Deby come by and introduce yourselves! Look for the Pilcher Automotive pits and the black '63 Vette.

The other day someone here posted something about how close the grandstands were to the track at Rockingham. Now I see for myself what they were talking about. Good grief.

Nice pic.

Rich... the amazing thing only one incident from anything coming from a car in those grandstands.. and it was in the early 80's.. when a blower exploded on a car and parts went into the stands...

It was an awesome weekend of racing ... Scruggs and his teams efforts are just to awesome to comprehend....makes you wonder what would have been if the blower belt had not broken in the finials....

And yes ther efforts over shadowed what many other did this weekend as well... neve has so many Nitrous cars been below the 4.00 mark.... so many drivers set personal bests.. and felt they still weren't good enough....

running joke for the weekend.. was when the Extreme class ran and teams hit the 80's.. every one was disapointed....lol.. never mind it was some of their best runs ever....lol

if you were not there.. you missed a great one.. the good thing.... ADRL and Rockingham Dragway struck a deal for 10 more years of DRAGSTOCK... it was anounced on the PA.. and expect an official anouncement coming soon....

Billy

This is the event of events for Pro Mods....

After this past weekends event... it should be ..if not all ready.. be inked into your schedule to attend.... For fans.. you can not beat the show... the racing and the whole festive atmosphere.... for a Pro Mod owner/driver... its the event to prove yourself... While winning wil give you huge braggin rights and a great addition to your racing resumee... making the field will have almost as much clout...

Telling people you have the best Pro Mod car or team... just found its proving grounds....ADRL Dragstock 5 @ The ROCK..... 2008

Billy

Nice pic.

Anyone remember Doug Herbert's Boomer there in like '93-94? The whole top of the Motor blew off! I wonder if anyone caught any shrapnel??:rolleyes:

i remember it.. i was there... don't remember anything being reported.. or standing out from it...

I remember a lady was killed when parts of a blower went into the stands in the early 80's...

Billy

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back